BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Vs ROVERS

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sam put the bejeebers up Chelsea at Ewood when they were very very lucky to get a win.

But we also know how he would have approached this ala United away.

This isn't a dig at Rovers but I do expect a high score for Chelsea as when they play they are the best team in the country and today they really need to play.

He also got us thrashed in this fixture last year. Dont even try and insinuate that if we lose this game Sam would have done better.

Really is a game that either side of the Sam/Kean debate can push their agenda on, no matter the result.

We win, then the Sam side says we're facing a Chelsea team in disarray and the result doesn't mean anything, while the Kean side says that Sam didn't even put up a fight when he took us to the bridge.

We lose, the Sam side says see, we can't even win against Chelsea when they are at their most vulnerable (or that Sam would have had the same result) and the Kean side says that Sam would have lost anyhow.

I don't think anyone pro/anti Sam can say anything other than a defeat is expected today. Anything else is most definitely a bonus.

Exactly, this what-would-or-wouldn't-have-happened-under-Sam mentality seems to be gripping some people so much that it's clouding their expectations.

It's the bloody champions. It doesn't matter if they are on a bad run or not. Nobody expected us to beat Liverpool at home and yet now people think we are going to get something at Chelsea.

We need to play very well and they need to play very badly. If that happens we have got a small chance.

I don't think anyone pro/anti Sam can say anything other than a defeat is expected today. Anything else is most definitely a bonus.

Excuses in early ?

You would certainly have been making anti-Sam remarks if he had been in charge.

• Backroom

Excuses in early ?

You think excuses are needed away against one of the best teams in the world?

We were simply appalling away against the big boys under Sam let's hope Kean can do a bit better but it's a big ask.

Anything at all from today would be sensational.

Regardless of injuries our midfield is too lightweight, Chelsea can be quite physical themselves, and that is a concern for this one.

Hoping we don't concede early on as it usually sets the tone for these type of matches.

A superb analysis of today's game by a Chelsea fan. With one glaring exception! I hope Ancelotti also forgets about Hoilett :rover:

How nice it is to see Rovers being talked of in terms of pace, pace pace.

Very well written, and free of charge too. He could charge national newspapers alot of money for that stuff.

The internet continues to amaze.

You think excuses are needed away against one of the best teams in the world?

Learve orf.

Sam was never allowed by his detractors on here any excuses anywhere, and at any time.

Excuses in early ?

Thats because we usually rolled over and took it up the rear. I was in London the last time we played at Bridge and I can remember it quite well.

I know on what barometer to judge today's performance.

If we start with 4-4-2, Dunn-Pedersen must be one of the worst midfield duos defensively. That said, I don't know would it be any better with Goulon as third. We really-really need (either) Jones and/or N'Zonzi or even Andrews. Grella's been out for "couple of weeks" for several months now, so atleast I've already written him off for good.

Regardless of injuries our midfield is too lightweight, Chelsea can be quite physical themselves, and that is a concern for this one.

Hoping we don't concede early on as it usually sets the tone for these type of matches.

says in my paper- " Blackburn are the only team not to have recovered any points from a game they have fallen behind in this season " Can that be right ? it's worrying if it is.

A superb analysis of today's game by a Chelsea fan. With one glaring exception! I hope Ancelotti also forgets about Hoilett :rover:

How nice it is to see Rovers being talked of in terms of pace, pace pace.

How refreshing it is to see us talked about in a positive light by a fan from another PL team. Steve Kean must be doing something right. Can't recall that happening much under the guidance of BFS.

I fancy us to come away with a point today. We will go 1-0 up,Kali first goal. Anelka will equalise, his record against us is incredible, 11 goals.

Expect the same side as the Liverpool game, but Robbo in goal, and Kali in for Benjani.

says in my paper- " Blackburn are the only team not to have recovered any points from a game they have fallen behind in this season " Can that be right ? it's worrying if it is.

Your paper is correct.

If we start with 4-4-2, Dunn-Pedersen must be one of the worst midfield duos defensively. That said, I don't know would it be any better with Goulon as third. We really-really need (either) Jones and/or N'Zonzi or even Andrews. Grella's been out for "couple of weeks" for several months now, so atleast I've already written him off for good.

Another fact from my paper- "Frank Lampard has scored 5 goals in his last 4 home games againsat Blackburn ". Which one of Dunn or Pedersen is going to track back with him do you think ?

It also says Nzonzi may be fit and that Grella will be fit next week. Only problem is they've been saying Grella's a week away from fitness since early September.

Another fact from my paper- "Frank Lampard has scored 5 goals in his last 4 home games againsat Blackburn ". Which one of Dunn or Pedersen is going to track back with him do you think ?

It also says Nzonzi may be fit and that Grella will be fit next week. Only problem is they've been saying Grella's a week away from fitness since early September.

N'Zonzi has returned to the practise according to the official site, but I highly doubt he's ready to be included in the playing squad just yet. Ditto for Grella.

Not really, I was a big fan of Sam and I would have expected a good hiding under him today.

Ditto. If Rovers gets a result today, it will be or should be chalked up as purely a Kean victory. It would also go a long way to establishing that despite the alleged insider prefernce/cronyism, Kentaro/Venkys actually spotted something in Kean which would take the club forward.

We need to play very well and they need to play very badly. If that happens we have got a small chance.

Fixed for you.

So long as we play well, we will always have a chance.

it seems the main thing we've heard so much is that our squad wasn't good enough to actually play football on the ground.

Believe in the players you have can make all the difference. Blackpool are a prime example of that.

I think the Liverpool performance put that myth to doubt and now the players need to start believing that As well.

Still sticking with my first thought 2-1 to us.

This is my main concern - midfield could get totally over-run. Having said that - I thought that would happen against Liverpool - and for large parts of the match coped admirably well.

First goal will be key - if we score it we will be able to use our pace on the break - if they score first I can see only one result.

Archived