BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Vs ROVERS

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kally not getting the better of ivanovic at all this half, think he will be replaced at half time for rsc

@ half time chelsea no doubt that more dangerous, lacking their normal end product of scoring goals for fun. Our defensive line is proving effective even if the field is getting a little crowded with most of the players in our half, weve had some good counter attacking play and perhaps unlucky not to have got something, couldnt ask for any more if we open the field up they will rip us apart as nearly shown on a few occasions

if we were to win this, could be the second manager of an opposition weve finished off recently, however realistically anything resembling a point I would be over the moon with

After all the Chelsea pressure and a series of corners (about 8) with no goals to show the second half is ours to boss. We have defended very well, had the odd chance or two on the break, everyone is playing well and Chelsea will only come out more deflated for not having scored while we will be confident having not conceded. This could be our best chance to break the 5 year duck.

• Backroom

Said many times before but Kalinic spends most of his time falling over.

The lad cannot play with his back to goal either.

I agree with the first bit for sure he goes down far too easy often losing possession at the same time.

Halfway there but I can't see us holding out.

Dreading the 47th minute!

Solid performance and we could even be in front after Hoilett's chance. The last thing we wanted was to concede in the first half and allow Chelsea to relax and build confidence. Let's hope we can take a chance in the second half.

Fantastic defensive performance. I thought we would be very brittle when the teams were laid out but in fact we have looked as solid and organised as anythign produced under Allardyce. The whole back four have been outstanding.

The only thing I would change is bring RSC on for Kalinic. Kali is getting no change out of the Chelsea centre backs. Just does not have the strength, trickery or pace to worry them.

Second half will be fascinating!

Riding our luck! But think we look good when we counterattack. Too bad Kalinic is having a bad day as well as Dunn limping off injured. Get Roberts or ROque on at 60 min and I can see us stealing a point from this one. A win would be thouroghly undeserved based on first 45 min but stranger things have happened. A draw would be just fine....and please...no more injuries or suspensions!

Said many times before but Kalinic spends most of his time falling over.

The lad cannot play with his back to goal either.

He's been a complete liability so far, in contrast to the rest of the team.

Defence magnificent, although they scraped the bar a couple of times, Robbo hasn't been troubled.

Two moments of genuine quality up front from Junior, getting in a good shot and then completely skinning Cole.

MoM so far: all 4 defenders and MB Diouf

Get RSC on and we could get something from this

Take Kalinic off.

Give Roberts a run at Terry - who hates playing against Roberts - and bring Santa Cruz on later for Diouf.

Not a bad shout that. So long as there is someone for Roberts to pass it on to who can finish! Terry certainly hasn't been at his best, worth putting him under more pressure.

Kalinic has done ok. Playing up more or less by himself isnt easy and he's coped. He has hardly set the world alight either mind. RSC and Roberts for second half.

Chelsea will win im fairly certain but its been a decent performance so far. MB Diouf has stolen the show. Salgado was overrun for the first 10 but him and Diouf have now nailed down the right hand side for the time being.

Archived