BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really suprised he is back in football, must be a massive pay increase too as he was never going to carry on much longer.

Unless he just needed a new challenge? Best of luck to him, worst of luck to City!

Unless he wanted to carry on with his job but it was made impossible for him? :rock:

An excellent appointment for City and hopefully a successful one as far as John is concerned. I'm glad to see him back in football as the game can ill afford to lose administrators of his ability and integrity. I'm just sorry that it is City who will benefit from his many qualities rather than the Rovers.

This is a hard one to take! :(

It certainly is. JW is a top man and should have been at Ewood where he's been doing a sterling job for many years. I would say that he's been the main man in keeping rovers in the PL.

Obvious to most people, but not all, that he'd been driven out.

Lost interest, indeed. Mrs D you should be ashamed of that comment.

He was retiring anyway, indeed.

He was just a pen pusher, indeed.

The truth was, as many on here said from day one, a respected PL chairman wasn't prepared to go along with the way Venky's worked.:angry2:

I think that John was a city fan before coming to Rovers.

No, he was a Southampton fan. Good friend of Rupert Lowe.

Oh I see.

I know that due to his previous career he was a regular in the corporate areas of Man City.

When he first came to Rovers there was the normal moaning by Rovers fans. Who the hell is this guy etc. A friend of my families who is a prawn sandwich brigade city box holder phoned me to tell me that John was a top bloke as well as being top in his career. So that myth ended there and then for me.

I have spoken to John Williams a couple of times over the years. How many Chief Execs would take time to speak to ordinary fans. A couple of problems I had with the club were solved by him personally and he took time to write and explain.

All in all a very respected man in football and in business.

It certainly is. JW is a top man and should have been at Ewood where he's been doing a sterling job for many years. I would say that he's been the main man in keeping rovers in the PL.

Obvious to most people, but not all, that he'd been driven out.

Lost interest, indeed. Mrs D you should be ashamed of that comment.

He was retiring anyway, indeed.

He was just a pen pusher, indeed.

The truth was, as many on here said from day one, a respected PL chairman wasn't prepared to go along with the way Venky's worked.:angry2:

Good luck to JW- great servant of the club.

Just a point Den, you say JW was not prepared to go the way of Venkys- you don't see the irony of joining City? A club whose owners are renowned for hiring and firing managers, spending ludicrous amounts on players salaries, fees etc. How much control is he going to have?

Fantastic for John and very happy for him and his family. City was not the only offer that he had since leaving Rovers. I am sure that he will be a great success there.

It also helps to put to bed the myth that he was looking to retire, he would've happily stayed at Rovers, but as is their right Venky's had other ideas.

Archived