BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 10/02/2022 at 14:52, K-Hod said:

I’ve seen it mate, it was such a buzz! 
It was a really comprehensive and well done show I thought! Lots of stuff I knew already, but some new knowledge for me too! 
There’s one called ‘the get down’ which is a drama, but about the birth of hip hop on Netflix too. I can definitely recommend that one! As well as ‘unsolved’ which is about the murders of 2Pac and Biggie.

Another drama, but very well done indeed!

It will take me a while to get through this one. The last episode I watched was the one with DJ Screw in. He apparently died of an overdose after drinking too much of something called "purple drank". It's a concoction consisting of prescription anti-nausea medicine mixed with Sprite. You live and learn. 

I highly recommend the podcast series Slow Burn. It's effort on Tupac and Biggie is excellent. I think that it's season 3.

On 03/01/2022 at 22:48, Sparks Rover said:

Just started watching Stay Close on Netflix.   Good start...filmed in and around Lancashire and Runcorn by the looks of it....decent.

Got recommended to me by a couple of friends a few days ago, thought I'd watch one last night & see if it was any good.

Anyway, 2am & 5 episodes later.............

Had to stop myself from just continuing to the end.

As to locations, yeah there's Blackpool, Runcorn, Manchester to name a few, but even closer to home:

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/james-nesbitt-spotted-chorley-filming-20252899

• Like 1

Come on neighbours should have ended circa 2000 and it was still well past its late 80s-early 90s prime then.

Now to get rid of all the god awful soaps! It amazes me people still choose to watch absolute garbage like Eastenders when there are literally hundreds of better things they could choose to watch. 

Most of those shows peaked in the late  80s - mid 90s when they had good writers and actors involved, but they've just been regurgitating the same story lines ever since and they get weaker and weaker each time and the acting and dialogue is just plain poor. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

23 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Neighbours is still 1.5m uk viewers a day. Quite good for live tv

I doubt that many people actually really care about it though, i think it's more just one of those shows old people flick on out of habit, same with pretty much everything on channel 5! That channel was lame when it first started and it's barely improved since

16 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I doubt that many people actually really care about it though, i think it's more just one of those shows old people flick on out of habit, same with pretty much everything on channel 5! That channel was lame when it first started and it's barely improved since

Less of the old! I'm not even 30 yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Alan Ritchson is an infinitely better Reacher than Tom Cruise, and a series definitely does the books better justice than the films.

Some slight narrative tweaks to allow for those things that just can't be lifted off a page, but I think Reacher (on Amazon) is fantastic.

Been a fan of the books since I was 12, and read all of them up to now.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Alan Ritchson is an infinitely better Reacher than Tom Cruise, and a series definitely does the books better justice than the films.

Some slight narrative tweaks to allow for those things that just can't be lifted off a page, but I think Reacher (on Amazon) is fantastic.

Been a fan of the books since I was 12, and read all of them up to now.

Love the Reacher books but couldn't accept TC in the film's, haven't got Amazon Prime but heard they are decent 👍

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Was the best one yet I thought.

I'm 4 episodes in to the new season of Snowfall , quality yet again

Ah lovely, is that back on I player now? Been looking forward to that!