BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Strictly ain’t my scene, but amazes me that that whenever I catch a bit, Tess Daly is still there, absolute charisma void… though it still cleans up on the ratings, so what do I know.

I quite like it but agree Tess is compeltely pointless but the show doesn't rely on the quality of the presenters like, for example, I'm a celebrity which has survived this long pretty much cos of ant and Dec. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike E said:

Have to say, however, speaking as a deaf man, this series has been one of the most significant events in the Deaf community this century if not ever.

A Deaf woman being unable to hear ANYTHING keeps in time to music and dances so well that she wins a significant nationally televised dancing competition judged by world dancing champions and choreographers.

I've rarely been so happy about something I wasn't personally involved in. It's up there with Rovers winning the league for me. Absolutely elated.

It really is a massive achievement.  I love it when people strive to overcome the odds.

• Like 2

I have just watched Blackburn Sings Christmas with Gareth Malone. An obvious bit of bias but I found it so enjoyable seeing local people so proud of their surroundings and community. The programme centred around Covid, the effect on the community and the wonderful NHS.

Well done to everyone involved - you all did Blackburn and the local area proud.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have just watched Blackburn Sings Christmas with Gareth Malone. An obvious bit of bias but I found it so enjoyable seeing local people so proud of their surroundings and community. The programme centred around Covid, the effect on the community and the wonderful NHS.

Well done to everyone involved - you all did Blackburn and the local area proud.

Absolutely superb, what a really uplifting 60 minutes that was Tony, Lancashire folk at their best in the face of adversity. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012yqs/blackburn-sings-christmas-with-gareth-malone

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Just having a little binge on the new Dexter, surprisingly good! like slipping some old shoes on and like it's never been away. 

Don't get me wrong it's never really been a champions league contender but it's always been a solid top 6 team and good entertainment

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

On 24/12/2021 at 08:07, Gav said:

Absolutely superb, what a really uplifting 60 minutes that was Tony, Lancashire folk at their best in the face of adversity. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012yqs/blackburn-sings-christmas-with-gareth-malone

Sorry but I'd rather put a pitch fork through my eyes and ears than watch that wishy washy Kumbaya fluff

16 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just having a little binge on the new Dexter, surprisingly good! like slipping some old shoes on and like it's never been away. 

Don't get me wrong it's never really been a champions league contender but it's always been a solid top 6 team and good entertainment

The bear in the cave was one of the oddest examples of CGI I’ve seen in a long time. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

anyone watch the JFK documentary on Sky documentaries channel? Ive recorded it last night the first episode of 4. 

Yes I've watched the first 3 chaddy, 1 more to go, its very good.

Having been into the JFK assassination for many years even I've learned a number of new bits of evidence from the first 3 episodes. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

Having been into the JFK assassination for many years even I've learned a number of new bits of evidence from the first 3 episodes. 

Thanks Gav. I will be watching after tonight game. Looking forward to it. 

I have watched many documentaries on JFK. Same as Bill Clinton 

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

I've not yet seen it but intend to. I'm not sure how I got this far through life without knowing that JFK was shot on live television and even now you can watch it.

Grisly.

Not only that Mike, Lee Harvey Oswald was also shot live on TV, his brother Bobby was shot by Sirhan Sirhan at a democrat conference in LA in front of the media, he incidentally was released from prison in August this year with the blessing of the Kennedy family.

Dr King was assassinated during the same period, Malcolm X too, how must it have felt to live through that period as an American? 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Bobby Kennedys assassination seems to get over shadowed my J Kennedys but he was quite an impressive and influential figure in his own right and possibly would have been a great president had he not been murdered, there are some good documentaries out there about him as well as the fil "Bobby" which is also quite good, although it's not really all about "Bobby" but the events and characters surrounding the day of his assassination (and It's directed by Emilio Estevez!)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

On 29/12/2021 at 16:30, Gav said:

Just watched the first one and its very enjoyable and interesting. 

On 29/12/2021 at 16:30, Gav said:

Watched all 4 episodes now and very excellent insightful and some very damning points have been made in the 4 episodes. 

• Like 1