BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I have watched the first two episodes of Anne on ITV. It's about Anne Williams who wouldn't accept the Coroner's verdict after her 14 year old son died at Hillsborough. It's powerful and the cast is headed by the excellent Maxine Peake.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2022 at 08:32, arbitro said:

I have watched the first two episodes of Anne on ITV. It's about Anne Williams who wouldn't accept the Coroner's verdict after her 14 year old son died at Hillsborough. It's powerful and the cast is headed by the excellent Maxine Peake.

Tony I have a mate who was a 30 year serving police officer (Lancs) who was a spectator at Hillsborough (LFC fan). 
He still can’t talk about what he witnessed that day and has not attended a professional football match since then, apart from when on duty. 
It could have been any of us in the Leppings Lane end that day and the portrayal of Anne Williams by Maxine Peake is a nailed on BAFTA award. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Looking forward to the return of Snowfall too! I’ve started the new season of Ozark just now, glad it’s coming to a close this season though, we don’t want it to be over done!

On 09/01/2022 at 20:56, oldjamfan1 said:

Tony I have a mate who was a 30 year serving police officer (Lancs) who was a spectator at Hillsborough (LFC fan). 
He still can’t talk about what he witnessed that day and has not attended a professional football match since then, apart from when on duty. 
It could have been any of us in the Leppings Lane end that day and the portrayal of Anne Williams by Maxine Peake is a nailed on BAFTA award. 

I cant watch anything like this anymore, just too depressing and i feel the shows are usually just covering old ground, it's a shame that even after all this time the wounds still seem so fresh for those that where directly involved and they can't move on from it 😞

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I cant watch anything like this anymore, just too depressing and i feel the shows are usually just covering old ground, it's a shame that even after all this time the wounds still seem so fresh for those that where directly involved and they can't move on from it 😞

They simply wanted justice and it's a huge credit to them that they persevered despite the Government, South Yorkshire Police,  West Midlands Police and the S** lying. And their perseverance paid off as they exposed the lies.

I have huge admiration for them all.

• Like 3

On 21/01/2022 at 20:25, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Really enjoying Archive 81 on netflix for anybody looking for something a bit different! 

Kinda early Polanski with a bit of Lynch and a touch of Kubrick vibe (3 of my fave directors) 

On to last episode blitzed it over the last 2 evenings.Very good I thought

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I started Hip-Hop Evolution on Netflix the other night. It's a documentary/reportage on the history of hip hop from its beginnings to the present day. I'm only on episode 3 but it's superb so far. @K-Hod, definitely one for you.

I’ve seen it mate, it was such a buzz! 
It was a really comprehensive and well done show I thought! Lots of stuff I knew already, but some new knowledge for me too! 
There’s one called ‘the get down’ which is a drama, but about the birth of hip hop on Netflix too. I can definitely recommend that one! As well as ‘unsolved’ which is about the murders of 2Pac and Biggie.

Another drama, but very well done indeed!

• Backroom

With the news that a 3rd series is being filmed, me and Mrs E have just rewatched Happy Valley S1+2.

Fantastic police drama, fabulously written by Sally Wainwright, northern humour, and I have a slight crush on Sarah Lancashire.

• Like 2

On 11/02/2022 at 11:25, Mike E said:

With the news that a 3rd series is being filmed, me and Mrs E have just rewatched Happy Valley S1+2.

Fantastic police drama, fabulously written by Sally Wainwright, northern humour, and I have a slight crush on Sarah Lancashire.

You should have seen her back in her early coronation Street days then 🔥 

On 11/02/2022 at 18:25, Mike E said:

Me too and for a long time 😉

images.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paddy laddy said:

In the news for all the wrong reasons again . Stuart lee has a fun take on him in his latest stand up 

Yep saw Stewart lee live very recently, his long bit with his impression of Chappelle in his dressing room before a show wooing a woman with the rotisserie chickens was brilliant 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And his general take on the current American stand up comedians was pretty spot on 😂

Normally find David Chappelles stand up specials pretty brilliant tbh, but personally i think the main reason his latest show revieved so much controversy was becausr it simply wasn't very funny!! And just came across pretty desperate to me how he spent most the show trying to justify his opinions. And him using the argument that he can't be prejudice against the lgbt community because he had a trans friend seemed pretty lame to me (it's like someone saying they can't be racist because they have a black friend🙄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

9 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yep saw Stewart lee live very recently, his long bit with his impression of Chappelle in his dressing room before a show wooing a woman with the rotisserie chickens was brilliant 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And his general take on the current American stand up comedians was pretty spot on 😂

Normally find David Chappelles stand up specials pretty brilliant tbh, but personally i think the main reason his latest show revieved so much controversy was becausr it simply wasn't very funny!! And just came across pretty desperate to me how he spent most the show trying to justify his opinions. And him using the argument that he can't be prejudice against the lgbt community because he had a trans friend seemed pretty lame to me (it's like someone saying they can't be racist because they have a black friend🙄

Yes saw snowflake tornado when I was back in the motherland last month . Lee is a craftsman chapelle just not that funny . Also saw jamali Maddix 

• Like 1