BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Was the best one yet I thought.

I'm 4 episodes in to the new season of Snowfall , quality yet again

Need a new show as finished Top Boy last night.

But seasons 2,3, & 4 of Snowball are free on Iplayer.

But Season 1 is £14.99 on Amazon. 

I'm mulling whether it's worth me just paying the 15 to, in effect, get 4 seasons of a show.

Sounds like u two rate it. 

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Need a new show as finished Top Boy last night.

But seasons 2,3, & 4 of Snowball are free on Iplayer.

But Season 1 is £14.99 on Amazon. 

I'm mulling whether it's worth me just paying the 15 to, in effect, get 4 seasons of a show.

Sounds like u two rate it. 

It's very good.Has got better with each series.

The fella who plays the lead is a young British guy he is very good in it 

Another very good gangland drama I watched recently is Kin I think it has just been released on prime or one of the channels affiliated with it.Its an Irish series 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Another very good gangland drama I watched recently is Kin I think it has just been released on prime or one of the channels affiliated with it.Its an Irish series 

Ta. Had a look, could be right up my street, but 'pay £5.99 for a Sundance Now subscription'. 🤬🤬

Honest to God, it's getting right on my nerves now. No wonder people are using alternative options to view things.

Robbing bastards. 

I pay for TV licence, Sky Sports, BT Sports, all the Virgin media channels and Netflix. 

I use other people's Amazon and Disney+ (mainly just for Walking Dead).

Not even about the money (although it definitely is!) , but if I want to watch those 2 shows I now have to go give the lass at work 21 quid and tell her some charges will be on the bank statement. 

Darth Vader better pour me a drink, I'm heading the dark side. Enough is enough. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Silas said:

Ta. Had a look, could be right up my street, but 'pay £5.99 for a Sundance Now subscription'. 🤬🤬

Honest to God, it's getting right on my nerves now. No wonder people are using alternative options to view things.

Robbing bastards. 

I pay for TV licence, Sky Sports, BT Sports, all the Virgin media channels and Netflix. 

I use other people's Amazon and Disney+ (mainly just for Walking Dead).

Not even about the money (although it definitely is!) , but if I want to watch those 2 shows I now have to go give the lass at work 21 quid and tell her some charges will be on the bank statement. 

Darth Vader better pour me a drink, I'm heading the dark side. Enough is enough. 

7 day free trial with that Sundance only the 8 episodes so dependant on if you have the time to finish it in a week.Agree it's a joke how many there are now I only pay for Netflix and the sky for the matches the rest I get online or streaming app

• Like 1

Finally finished gomorrah last night (all 5 seasons in around a month or so) 

Disappointed with the final season to be honest, i thought they undid alot of the good work from previous seasons 😔

Also they unnecessarily killed off someone in season 4 that had become the best character in the show imo

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

9 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Anybody know where you can watch "Yellowstone"freely in the uk, none of the main streamers or sky seem to have it available? 

Just looks like something id enjoy ( Kevin Costner + westerns (usually) = 👌

It's on 5 USA on Saturdays at 9pm series 1 episode 8 tomorrow

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, den said:

It was the final episode of Peaky Blinders tonight. Anyone else watch it?

It was a brilliant finale to one of the best productions ever to come out of the BBC in my opinion. Superb series.

I lost it when they were walking down the street with the Lewis gun a series or two ago. I haven’t watched it since then. I know there is “ willing suspension of disbelief “ but there are limits.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

On 25/03/2022 at 16:30, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Thanks

I know im awkward but i can't watch weekly or with flippin ad breaks anymore! 

I might have to visit the bay 🙈

Yellowstone is superb, Ive seen all 4 seasons.

Also the recently released prequel - ''1883''

• Like 1

Just started getting into a show called "evil" at the weekend, bit of a guilty pleasure type of show! And you can probably guess what it's about by the name 😄

Kind of like The X-files! But instead of UFOs & aliens it's demons & spirits and instead of the FBI it's the catholic church! 

Really good entertaining easy watch though, especially if you like supernatural horror type stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

I watched both parts of that Gazza documentary last night. Not an easy watch and as I was quite young, I didn’t know about the treatment from the press at the time. No wonder he ended up like he did really….

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished a binge watch of every episode and special of Last of the Summer Wine. When it was first shown I missed most of it due to working and then retiring abroad but thanks to IT and torrents got all of it. Immensely enjoyable and not at all boring during the binge.

Now crossed of my TTDBID list and a lot of HD space freed.

Spending pre match hours watching the final 7 episodes of Ozark, just released. Building nicely .. but no spoilers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

anyone been watching the new series on Deadliest Catch on Discovery? I think its a great insight and watch for someone who is interested 

I’ve been watching that show for 10yrs or more I’d guess, one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, they deserve the big paydays.

I’ve been watching: Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on Sky Atlantic.

I can’t decide if it’s any good, it’s partially filmed to look like 70’s which is great, it’s very 70’s chic.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve been watching that show for 10yrs or more I’d guess, one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, they deserve the big paydays.

I agree and this season when the crab grounds are shut for the season. 

I have all the seasons of it on Discovery 

10 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve been watching: Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on Sky Atlantic.

I can’t decide if it’s any good, it’s partially filmed to look like 70’s which is great, it’s very 70’s chic.

It's getting a bit of a pasting in some quarters over here. Lots and lots of artistic licence has a few people wound up. Jerry West being one of them.

The last few episodes of Ozark are out. I'll be watching those shortly. No spoilers. 

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It's getting a bit of a pasting in some quarters over here. Lots and lots of artistic licence has a few people wound up. Jerry West being one of them.

The last few episodes of Ozark are out. I'll be watching those shortly. No spoilers. 

Oh eck! Got through the final eps of Osark last night, was initially a bit disappointed but in hindsight i think it ended the only way it could have... And stayed true to itself!

In general though the final run of episodes was very depressing and tense to sit through and this final season has been a bit of a let down compared to earlier seasons. One major gripe for me has been how many new characters where introduced and went on to play major roles in the final season... It just felt a bit late in the game for me to have to get used to new characters when you know the show is ending (if that makes sense🤷‍♂️

Just my personal view, hope that's not spoilt anything, it's still definitely a "must watch" 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

9 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Oh eck! Got through the final eps of Osark last night, was initially a bit disappointed but in hindsight i think it ended the only way it could have... And stayed true to itself!

In general though the final run of episodes was very depressing and tense to sit through and this final season has been a bit of a let down compared to earlier seasons. One major gripe for me has been how many new characters where introduced and went on to play major roles in the final season... It just felt a bit late in the game for me to have to get used to new characters when you know the show is ending (if that makes sense🤷‍♂️

Just my personal view, hope that's not spoilt anything, it's still definitely a "must watch" 

You are good, no spoilers there. 

It seems like loads of decent TV dramas do this. Game of Thrones went wacky, Breaking Bad should have needed a season early. The Sopranos brought in new plotlines far too late. 

I still have Line of Duty and Peaky Blinders to watch as well. It will take me ages as I'm not a binge watcher.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The Sopranos was absolutely fantastic to the very end, you wash your mouth out!

Capisci?

D43D64C3-5B61-4978-B9AD-C0845ABC8F1B.jpeg

It's my favourite too, but I think it went on a season too long. I'll not write any details in case anyone hasn't yet seen it.