BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 29/08/2022 at 21:02, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Enjoying this one, bit hard to follow at times i thought, but a really top class whodunnit! In a more unique setting than you normally see on these shows. 

Also got through the briliant "we own this city" last week, another top class brilliantly written and acted show. Jon Bernthal did an amazing job playing one of the most horrible characters around yet still kind of leaving you feeling sorry for him a bit! 

We own this city was top notch 👍👍

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

What’s your opinion on it so far Mike? I was expecting to hate it but I’ve been surprised at how excellent it has been. Darker and with less humour than thrones, and the narrower focus on one dynasty is a welcome change. my favourite parts of thrones were the tight plotting and the scheming and machinations of the central cast. So far that’s been the focus of HoTD and I’ve loved it.

Also started the lord of the rings prequel but got bored after the first two episodes. Visually stunning but it suffers in comparison to thrones - it’s a bit twee and po-faced, and everyone takes themselves very seriously. 

Completely agreed. I think it will benefit from the written story being complete (albeit very brief), and therefore they can only add meat onto GRRM'S written skeleton.

Enjoyed it immensely so far, although I expect I'll find the cast changes a bit jarring, just as I did/do with The Crown.

• Like 1

Just watching the Armie Hammer/Hammer family Doc on Discovery+ Nothing ever really shocks me about what these Billionaire families get up to, think Succession but far more seedy, violent and depraved.

Also seen on the news that Adnan Syed was actually realised from prison this week after having his conviction over turned after 20 years, I listened to the brilliant serial podcast years ago and theres a few good tv docs covering it as well, really fascinating story for the true crime buffs, seeing him get released is almost the same as at would be to see the 'making a murder' pair get released (only theres strong evidence that Adnan was genuinely innocent and a decent young person, unlike the trailer park MAM pair!)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Damn the new Jef Dalmer show on netflix is a tough watch(as you should expect i suppose) even though so far at 4 eps in it's really not been very graphic at all

I've been a fan of the actor Evan Peters for a while, just so versatile and charismatic even though he doesn't particularly look like your average Holywood leading man, he's obviously played dark roles before on the "American horror show" but usually a bit tongue in cheek on there, with this he's just as dark and bleak as they come though. 

Definitely not a show for everyone! But it is very well made and acted, it also gives you a very uncomfortable insight into the mind of one of the sickest serial killers ever

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Did anybody see The Footballer, The Wife and The Crash on ITVbe this week? It featured the tangled life of J Lloyd Samuel and was quite an eye opener about the life of a footballer earning riches beyond their wildest dreams.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve just watched 24hrs in police custody on channel 4, to say I’m fuming with the outcome is an understatement. 🤬🤬

Did anyone else watch it? 

I was just telling my work colleagues about this. Two proven scumbags, who have been in and out of Jail umpteen times over the last 10 years get caught with bolt cutters and a crowbar breaking into a guys house. Guy chases them away and gives chase in his car. They escape on a stolen motorbike, which results in a crash and injures them (not life threatening). 

Homeowner is arrested for dangerous driving and causing injury. In the meantime the two scumbags are arrested again in a stolen car and no insurance. 

Final result, the homeowner, with a pregnant wife is given 22 months in jail. The guy and wife end up terminating the pregnancy as she cant afford to live while he's in jail. The scumbags are given a suspended sentence and no further action. 

The justice system in this country is utterly wrong. It cannot be easier to live a life of crime than work. The police interviewing the persons involved all had sympathy for the homeowner. It is the judge handing out that sentence who must be held accountable. Utterly flawed. Decisions like this only promote vigilantism and discontent amongst the public. One of the scumbags even said to the camera he doesnt want to work as there are "easier ways" to make money.

Completely wrong in every aspect. Sickening.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’ve just watched all 4 episodes of Spector on Sky, the story of Phil Spector and his murder trial.

Absolute genius musically, but clearly suffering with mental illness all his life, a rather sad ending.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’ve just watched all 4 episodes of Spector on Sky, the story of Phil Spector and his murder trial.

Absolute genius musically, but clearly suffering with mental illness all his life, a rather sad ending.

A childhood hero of mine. He made some fantastic records but as you say there was a history of mental illness in his family.

The eagerly awaited third series of Happy Valley started on New Years Day and so far it hasn't disappointed. The acting and writing is as good as it gets but sadly the excellent Sarah Lancashire has already said this is her last series. Without her it wouldn't be the same.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gav said:

An absolute cunt who wrecked the fantastic Ronnie Bennett and God only knows what else the perverted lunatic got up to.

I hope he's in hell for all eternity

On 10/01/2023 at 18:56, AllRoverAsia said:

An absolute cunt who wrecked the fantastic Ronnie Bennett and God only knows what else the perverted lunatic got up to.

I hope he's in hell for all eternity

Say it how you see it Asia 😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom
2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I believe they filmed several endings. I think they chose the wrong one. I was underwhelmed.

I felt like they chose the more realistic one, which is why I liked it.