BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

19 hours ago, Mike E said:

Happy Valley. Perfect.

Arise, Dame Sarah Lancashire.

Excellent writing and acting. The scene in the cafe with Catherine (Sarah Lancashire) and her sister Clare (Siobhan Finneran) was one of the best bits of television I have ever seen.

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Excellent writing and acting. The scene in the cafe with Catherine (Sarah Lancashire) and her sister Clare (Siobhan Finneran) was one of the best bits of television I have ever seen.

Brilliant.

I liked the tense scene where she's explaining to Ryan why he can't live with her anymore, then it's interspersed with how reheatable his tea would be 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Brilliant.

I liked the tense scene where she's explaining to Ryan why he can't live with her anymore, then it's interspersed with how reheatable his tea would be 😂

If I remember correctly it was stew 😂😂. Even yesterday Catherine said to her sister "I think I might have singed one of your crocheted blankets" after she smothered the blazing Tommy Lee Royce with it.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The repeats of “ Early Doors “ have been brilliant. I’d forgotten how good it was.

I found it hard to get into first time around Tyrone, I was comparing it to other classics that had come before, but I intend to give it another go. 

On 05/02/2023 at 23:13, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I believe they filmed several endings. I think they chose the wrong one. I was underwhelmed.

How would you have preferred the ending? I thought they did it rather well, in contrast to the lame endings of Line of Duty and Bodyguard, two others which gripped TV audiences and both written by Jed Mercurio, both of which stretched credulity. Last Sunday night wasn't right without HV

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I hope there are some fans of The Last of Us here

Just caught up now. If you’re a fan of the games this is TV gold. Got all the makings of a classic 

Not watched this week’s yet as it hasn’t made it to my fire stick, but it’s been a super watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

How would you have preferred the ending? I thought they did it rather well, in contrast to the lame endings of Line of Duty and Bodyguard, two others which gripped TV audiences and both written by Jed Mercurio, both of which stretched credulity. Last Sunday night wasn't right without HV

I lost it the minute she decided to go into the house instead of calling for back up and staying outside. If you’ve ever watching any real police tv shows they just don’t do things like that. They go in en masse and they’re armed to the teeth. Even if you’re Joe Bloggs and armed with a pen knife.

Then the guy splash’s petrol all himself and set alight to it ! Really ? The guy was a sociopath. They’re only concerned about themselves.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I lost it the minute she decided to go into the house instead of calling for back up and staying outside. If you’ve ever watching any real police tv shows they just don’t do things like that. They go in en masse and they’re armed to the teeth. Even if you’re Joe Bloggs and armed with a pen knife.

Then the guy splash’s petrol all himself and set alight to it ! Really ? The guy was a sociopath. They’re only concerned about themselves.

Yes see what you mean though it was very personal between him and her and I think she wanted to have it out with him face to face. Made for a good scene 

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Don't suppose you played the game did you K-Hod?

I mean, the story of Frank & Bill....even though it did deviate from the game storyline 🤣

Played both numerous times, aye- some of the best ever, for me!

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 13/02/2023 at 22:39, Dreams of 1995 said:

I hope there are some fans of The Last of Us here

Just caught up now. If you’re a fan of the games this is TV gold. Got all the makings of a classic 

I've absolutely loves it. So true to the game, and even adding some real beauty to the canon.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Last nights “ Blue Lights “ had a great revue in todays paper. We watched “ Unforgotten “ instead. Not bad but nothing to rave about.

However “ Panorama” about the sale of social housing made my blood boil. A woman in London buys her average sized terraced Council house for £15k, about 12- 15 years later she sells it for £85k. Further on down the time scale road a landlord buys it and turns it into 6 tiny flats. He’s charging £950 per flat per month. We’re paying the £950 to him through housing benefit. This landlord has another 5 house in the same row. Do the maths.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Anyone watch or watching Night agent on Netflix? Watched first 2 episodes and excellent watched so far. 

A new series starting on channel 5 on Thursday at 9pm called Rabbit Hole starting Kiefer Sunderland. Could be good watch

You only get 1 episode of Rabbit hole on 5 you'll have to sign up to Paramount plus to see the whole series

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve just watched a documentary on Sky documentary called:

Life of crime 1984-2020 - It follows 3 friends from New Jersey through drug addiction. 

It’s a long time since anything I’ve watched on Tv has had such an impact on me, struggled to sleep thinking about it.

Harrowing, funny, disturbing and uplifting at times.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1