BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 20/08/2023 at 23:04, chaddyrovers said:

watched the first 2 seasons of Yellowstone on Paramount plus and its a brilliant, exciting and great watch for adults. 

Haven't got Paramount or a dodgy fire stick but everyone raves about it.

I believe there's a prequel called 1823 (I think 🤦‍♂️)

Which is also rated very highly.

I'm up to date with Yellowstone, awaiting S5 part 2.

This will be the final season of Yellowstone but a sequel, yet unnamed, is due soon after Yellowstone ends. Costner will not be in the sequel but Matthew McConaughey will be  in a lead role.

There are 2 sequels, 1883 and 1923.

All of Yellowstone has been just superb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2023 at 21:25, Mike E said:

Nice nod to Jimmy Hoffa.

Just on that note... I recently rewatched The Irishman after being very underwhelmed with it on release, 

Sadly still think it's pretty crap on the whole, some great little individual acting performances and a few excellent scenes but on the whole i thought it was pretty lame and for me the fundemtal problem was robert de niro... Firstly he was completely miscast but mostly the terrible terrible cgi aging/deaging effects used on him where so awful to my eyes and took me right out of the film every time his face appeared on screen, strange though because i found the aging effects used on pacino, pesci and whoever else where barely noticeable and didnt bother me at all. 

That said I'm really looking forward to Martin Scorseses new film, it looks a lot more interesting and epic tgen anything else hes done for a long time

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve been watching a 9 part documentary on The Vietnam War on sky documentary.

Harrowing, controversial, dirty politics, murder, just fascinating, a must watch if you have an interest in history and war.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The series about the scandal of the postmasters and postmistresses with the always excellent Toby Jones is worth watching. “ Mr Bates versus the Post Office “ on ITV at 9.00 pm.

I have just watched it and fully recommend it. Great acting, great script and based on a true miscarriage of justice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have just watched it and fully recommend it. Great acting, great script and based on a true miscarriage of justice.

There should be people getting some jail time over this scandal. The managers who oversaw the false prosecutions knowing that the computer system was faulty.

• Like 4

On 02/01/2024 at 10:06, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The series about the scandal of the postmasters and postmistresses with the always excellent Toby Jones is worth watching. “ Mr Bates versus the Post Office “ on ITV at 9.00 pm.

Watched 3 episodes so far and I’m sat here fuming. What a bunch of arseholes, ruined lives and couldn’t bloody care less.  

On 15/11/2023 at 22:14, islander200 said:

The Irish gangland series Kin is dropping on BBC iPlayer on Saturday,id highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it 

Anyone give it a go?

Kin is excellent. It only improves for S2 when Bren is released from prison. He’s a brilliant character in the mold of those evil gits you love to hate in Game of Thrones. 

4 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Kin is excellent. It only improves for S2 when Bren is released from prison. He’s a brilliant character in the mold of those evil gits you love to hate in Game of Thrones. 

Yeah 2nd series was even better than the 1st.Only hope there will be another after the production company went bust.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 17:41, islander200 said:

Yeah 2nd series was even better than the 1st.Only hope there will be another after the production company went bust.

It was a brilliant finale to s2. I got straight on to google after it finished and apparently s3 has been filmed with a hopeful release date of September. S4 has been approved as well 😀

On 04/01/2024 at 22:50, Gav said:

Watched 3 episodes so far and I’m sat here fuming. What a bunch of arseholes, ruined lives and couldn’t bloody care less.  

I see the main arsehole has relinquished her gong, before she was stripped of it. The documentary that followed the drama series is worth watching too

• Like 1