BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0ff7cg0 - You can download all episodes now if you don't want to wait.

This BBC documentary about the troubles in NI was superb, accounts given by people that lived through it on all sides.

The conflict was front page news for 30yrs, bombs, shootings and murder were a staple diet for many, this documentary lays it all bare.

Thankfully, peace is holding firm, and I hope we never go back to these dark days again. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Gav said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0ff7cg0 - You can download all episodes now if you don't want to wait.

This BBC documentary about the troubles in NI was superb, accounts given by people that lived through it on all sides.

The conflict was front page news for 30yrs, bombs, shootings and murder were a staple diet for many, this documentary lays it all bare.

Thankfully piece is holding firm and I hope we never go back to these dark days again. 

I finished the series Gav and agree that it was excellent. I particularly liked the focus on individuals from across the divide rather than the collective paramilitary units. Their stories were terrible and the raw emotion was evident even after all these years. 

On 28/03/2023 at 11:46, Gav said:

I’ve not watched Succession myself, but the Mrs was all over the first of the new series last night. 

Show finale last night. Refreshingly the creators decided to end it after four seasons and wrapped everything up in a satisfying conclusion. I wish we could see that sort of sense from other shows. For me Succession has been one of the best acted, most sharply written and well observed shows of all time. The production values are through the roof and the incredible cast wring every ounce of emotion, humour, and pathos from their respective characters. I can’t recommend it enough to anyone who hasn’t watched it yet. For me it’s one of the best ever TV productions 👍👍

• Like 4

6 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

Show finale last night. Refreshingly the creators decided to end it after four seasons and wrapped everything up in a satisfying conclusion. I wish we could see that sort of sense from other shows. For me Succession has been one of the best acted, most sharply written and well observed shows of all time. The production values are through the roof and the incredible cast wring every ounce of emotion, humour, and pathos from their respective characters. I can’t recommend it enough to anyone who hasn’t watched it yet. For me it’s one of the best ever TV productions 👍👍

P.s. as I should have expected....in the end they all fucked each.

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

P.s. as I should have expected....in the end they all fucked each.

Any danger of you not giving away the ending? Some people (including me) are nearly there, but not there yet….

• Like 1

Is it worth discussing Britain's Got Talent on here? I have only ever voted in the final twice.

The first time I was determined to vote Susan Boyle but instead voted for the superb dance troop known as Diversity and they won.

This year the final was made up of really good acts but this fella with the balloon had me laughing all the time. I saw his audition but missed the semi final. So, not expecting him to win, I voted for him. I was quite shocked when he won. Since then I keep watching on You Tube his three performances and cannot stop laughing. What will he do next?

I'm obviously not in the minority because he won but people like Graham Liver on Radio Lancs don't agree.

16 hours ago, bazza said:

Is it worth discussing Britain's Got Talent on here? I have only ever voted in the final twice.

The first time I was determined to vote Susan Boyle but instead voted for the superb dance troop known as Diversity and they won.

This year the final was made up of really good acts but this fella with the balloon had me laughing all the time. I saw his audition but missed the semi final. So, not expecting him to win, I voted for him. I was quite shocked when he won. Since then I keep watching on You Tube his three performances and cannot stop laughing. What will he do next?

I'm obviously not in the minority because he won but people like Graham Liver on Radio Lancs don't agree.

I laughed and thought he was good but imo the 13 year old girl from Liverpool or the 14 year old Irish lad doing the magic should have won 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
5 hours ago, RoverDom said:

About 5 episodes in to Designated Survivor on Netflix. Really good watch so far. Interested to see how they spin three series out of it though. 

We gave up after S2. Not because it’s bad (it’s very good), but felt really OTT American after a while.

In that kind of way where it explains EVERYTHING, instead of trusting the intelligence of those watching.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

We gave up after S2. Not because it’s bad (it’s very good), but felt really OTT American after a while.

In that kind of way where it explains EVERYTHING, instead of trusting the intelligence of those watching.

Yeah American programmes can do that.

Sitcoms are the worst for it. They really have to drive home the punchline to make sure everyone gets it.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2023 at 11:46, Mike E said:

Americans aren't exactly known for intelligence. 

On 18/08/2023 at 18:54, RoverDom said:

About 5 episodes in to Designated Survivor on Netflix. Really good watch so far. Interested to see how they spin three series out of it though. 

Excellent series. Watched all 3 seasons and very interesting Watch also if you have interest in politics or US politics. I won't spoil it but I would recommend keep watching it.