BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

17 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It's my favourite too, but I think it went on a season too long. I'll not write any details in case anyone hasn't yet seen it.

Totally disagree, the final season had a real feeling of impending doom and it brought it all home re NJ vs NY…

Edited by Mattyblue

The Sopranos is without doubt the best TV series ever made, it set the bar and could easily have gone on longer.

The Wire in my opinion came close to the genius of David Chase, but just fell short, both brilliant though.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gav said:

The Sopranos is without doubt the best TV series ever made, it set the bar and could easily have gone on longer.

The Wire in my opinion came close to the genius of David Chase, but just fell short, both brilliant though.

I have The Wire but still haven't watched it, next binge.

I like John Simm  in most of what he does, Grace is good.

I finished Ozark. That's it .....

I have the first 4 EPs of the new season of Better Call Saul, saving them up.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

• Backroom

I've gone back onto iPlayer to rewatch an old favourite from 2004-2012: Hustle.

Not too complicated to watch or particularly dramatic, but a good bit of harmless drama involving cons who target bad people.

Watching it backs there are hundreds of cameos from people who are now really well known!

20 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Totally disagree, the final season had a real feeling of impending doom and it brought it all home re NJ vs NY…

I'm arguing small points here. I'm with Gav. It's the best ever made, but there are wasted storylines that could have been used to expand on already known entities rather than new ones that didn't need the airtime. 

Without spoiling; Kevin Finnerty(sp?). Tony Blundetto. Vito. Christopher's film. They all link but could have been done is smaller batches, whilst working other ideas.

No more Pine Barrens either. 

The Vito storyline always felt a bit forced, good idea generally to delve into attitudes and how the Mafia reacts to to that kind of thing, but it didn’t quite work for me, but I thought the others you mentioned worked well. The film storyline was hilarious, any scene with Little Camine in it always was, people can forget how bloody funny the show was too.

No show is absolutely perfect, always something to quibble about, but generally speaking, it was glorious…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom
On 24/03/2022 at 22:50, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Finally finished gomorrah last night (all 5 seasons in around a month or so) 

Disappointed with the final season to be honest, i thought they undid alot of the good work from previous seasons 😔

Also they unnecessarily killed off someone in season 4 that had become the best character in the show imo

Disagree, think that bit was brilliant and brutal. That he had transformed from this niave, young kid 👇.....to a monster capable of such horrors is the story:

Excellent show, definitely in my Top 5 all time. Just finished the final 2 episodes last night.

Going to try Suburra now, heard good things. 

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Disagree, think that bit was brilliant and brutal. That he had transformed from this niave, young kid 👇.....to a monster capable of such horrors is the story:

Excellent show, definitely in my Top 5 all time. Just finished the final 2 episodes last night.

Going to try Suburra now, heard good things. 

I don't know! If it's Genny your refering to then i thought hed already crossed that line early in season 2 when he killed a completely innocent stranger after stealing their car. 

I've still not got around to watching "The immortal" yet. You? 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I've still not got around to watching "The immortal" yet. You? 

Only just heard about it last hour or so. Been holding off internet searches till I finished the series.

It's just anout Ciro I'm guessing?

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't know! If it's Genny your refering to then i thought hed already crossed that line early in season 2 when he killed a completely innocent stranger after stealing their car. 

Big difference between a stranger, and one of your closest and most trusted. 😉

Savage!

I'm watching The Staircase on Sky at the moment, the HBO Tv production with Colin Firth playing Michael Peterson. Firth as you'd expect has done an amazing job with the voice and mannerisms, just brilliant. 

I watched the documentary a while back, if you've not seen that you're missing a real treat, a must for true crime buffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm watching The Staircase on Sky at the moment, the HBO Tv production with Colin Firth playing Michael Peterson. Firth as you'd expect has done an amazing job with the voice and mannerisms, just brilliant. 

I watched the documentary a while back, if you've not seen that you're missing a real treat, a must for true crime buffs.

The current tv show does look really good, I've been "recording" it!  But i also found the full origin documentary series absolutely fascinating, so it makes me a bit wary of watching the tv show weirdly incase they've taken liberties i don't like for the sake of added drama. 

As they've just done with the terrible tiger king tv show! 

11 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

The current tv show does look really good, I've been "recording" it!  But i also found the full origin documentary series absolutely fascinating, so it makes me a bit wary of watching the tv show weirdly incase they've taken liberties i don't like for the sake of added drama. 

As they've just done with the terrible tiger king tv show! 

Spot on, I was thinking along the same lines myself Armchair, 2 episodes in and its very well done, with no 'creative content' as yet. 

• Like 1

Just got through all of  Succession in a week or so! 

Epic show, it's the ultimate family drama! Proper Shakespeare shit with a big dollop of Fraud😅 the writing is brilliant and the acting by all the cast is just outragous! Each of the characters are so deep and believable, you should hate them all but they're all so human you can't not emphasise with each of them. 

They could really have just ended it with the way things conclude at the end of season 3 and it would have been 3 perfect seasons.

Looks like it's still going to be a good while before season 4 airs though, just hope they don't stretch things too thin because it could very easily become cliched if they just keep churning it out. 

• Like 1

@Armchair supporter supremo

Just finished Tv version of The Staircase  and when you talked about ‘added drama’ I thought you’d called it right. 

It has a section that never made the documentary, unbelievable, or is it? Another twist, no spoilers, but worth the effort.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

@Armchair supporter supremo

Just finished Tv version of The Staircase  and when you talked about ‘added drama’ I thought you’d called it right. 

It has a section that never made the documentary, unbelievable, or is it? Another twist, no spoilers, but worth the effort.

thinking of either watching The Staircase or We Own This Night next!  both look brilliant

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Succession is the most hilarious ‘premium TV’ I’ve seen since The Sopranos. 

Kieran Culkin just on his own has us in hysterics.

Yeah it does have a lot of similarities to the sopranos in its tone with how it can instantly switch between full on hravy drama and comedy. 

I find 'Roman'(culkin) a bit too silly sometimes though, It's usually 'Tom' (Matthew Macfadyen) that makes me laugh hardest especially when he's teasing 'Greg'! Even after 3 seasons of it you're never quite sure if he's teasing him or about to pounce on him (the unrequited love Tom clearly has for Greg is pretty sad, you just know that's not going to end well!)

I've never watched Mathew Macfadyen in anything before, ive always just thought he's just another stuffy boring British actor, but his character in this is so odd and complicated even though he's probably actually the nicest and most "normal" of them all really

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yeah it does have a lot of similarities to the sopranos in its tone with how it can instantly switch between full on hravy drama and comedy. 

I find 'Roman'(culkin) a bit too silly sometimes though, It's usually 'Tom' (Matthew Macfadyen) that makes me laugh hardest especially when he's teasing 'Greg'! Even after 3 seasons of it you're never quite sure if he's teasing him or about to pounce on him (the unrequited love Tom clearly has for Greg is pretty sad, you just know that's not going to end well!)

I've never watched Mathew Macfadyen in anything before, ive always just thought he's just another stuffy boring British actor, but his character in this is so odd and complicated even though he's probably actually the nicest and most "normal" of them all really

Oh Macfayden is fantastic, he can go from slapstick to real pathos even in the same scene.

• Like 1

Is anyone watching ‘Sherwood’ On BBC?

Murder, mining communities, unions, corruption, based on true events. 

2 episodes in, good so far. 

Edited by Gav