BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

12 hours ago, JC4LAB said:

Mrs Merton  with Bernard Manning was funny too

I remember Richard Wilson, the other guest on that show, being aghast at Manning's behaviour. In truth I think by that stage Bernard was a rather pathetic figure, a bit like the clown left behind after the parade had gone by.

On 24/01/2021 at 13:00, Sparks Rover said:

Watched all the episodes of Its a Sin....really enjoyed it and as I was quite small in the early 80s, it opened my eyes.

@Sparks Rover

The Mrs has binge watched this over the past few days whilst on annual leave, she said it was superb Sparks 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I remember Richard Wilson, the other guest on that show, being aghast at Manning's behaviour. In truth I think by that stage Bernard was a rather pathetic figure, a bit like the clown left behind after the parade had gone by.

Chris Morris stitched him up . Cake !! 

• Like 1

Just finished 'Unbelievable' on Netflix which is based on true events of a rape case in the US. 

I thought it was excellent & I think I went through every emotion possible watching it, from anger, astonishment, joy, to almost being in tears at one point! (only almost - I'm a hard northerner don't you know!)

It's an 8 part mini-series so isn't too much of a chore either. Worth a watch.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

On series 3 of ‘Snowfall’ on BBC iplayer.

I only started it last weekend, which tells you exactly how I feel about it!

It’s about the beginning of the crack cocaine epidemic in LA in the ‘80s and it’s a very good watch indeed.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 15:19, K-Hod said:

On series 3 of ‘Snowfall’ on BBC iplayer.

I only started it last weekend, which tells you exactly how I feel about it!

It’s about the beginning of the crack cocaine epidemic in LA in the ‘80s and it’s a very good watch indeed.

It's excellent.Im on season 4 episode 3 and it just keeps getting better

• Moderation Lead
53 minutes ago, Gav said:

Think I'll give Snowfall a go chaps, sounds right up my street 👍

It reminds me of Breaking Bad in the way that it’s told from the POV of a drug dealer and although he’s fundamentally the villain, as the viewer, you’re on his side....

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It reminds me of Breaking Bad in the way that it’s told from the POV of a drug dealer and although he’s fundamentally the villain, as the viewer, you’re on his side....

I love those kind of programmes 'You' and 'Dexter' I really liked but you find yourself rooting for the bad guys. 

• Like 1

I am worried this season is going to let me down. Last season was probably the climax for me and they could have ended it slightly differently rounding off the whole show so part of me is worried that we could be getting into the dragging it out stage. 

That said, yesterday's episode was great and still some loose ends to tie off that didn't get cleared up at the end of the last series. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

I am worried this season is going to let me down. Last season was probably the climax for me and they could have ended it slightly differently rounding off the whole show so part of me is worried that we could be getting into the dragging it out stage. 

That said, yesterday's episode was great and still some loose ends to tie off that didn't get cleared up at the end of the last series. 

I think this series will be about tying up the links through the past series, then one final season.

I do feel like they could finish it this year though if they wanted.

• Moderation Lead

Finished watching ‘hip hop evolution’ on Netflix. I’m a massive fan of the genre and like to think I had a good knowledge, but there were a few revelations in there for me too! Some of the styles I wasn’t as bothered about, but, I have new found respect for some acts I never thought I would! 

I saw the first half of Football's Dirty Secrets last night on BBC1 and found it compelling but harrowing too. It continues tonight and tomorrow.

How on earth did them beasts get away with it for so long?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I saw the first half of Football's Dirty Secrets last night on BBC1 and found it compelling but harrowing too. It continues tonight and tomorrow.

I’ll be watching it later. It’s got a 5 star review in today’s “ Guardian “. That doesn’t happen often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It was very moving. Paul Stewart in particular has been hit so hard by it, it’s awful watching it.

• Like 1