BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Director of Football

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon Hunt.. bring on the good times he is bound to attract world class players.

Not a dig at you personally Veevs but as you're the first to post on this I'll respond here.

The capacity of many on here to pass jugement and dismiss at the drop of a hat never ceases to amaze me....

This morning's LT confirms that Simon Hunt is to be appointed Sports Director, he has previously held similar roles at other clubs.

I am also told that we are close to making another senior appointment, this position will be filled by a female. Don't know who it is or what the role is at the moment.

Maji-the club heard you mate!

Sports Director not DOF.

Can anyone clarify the difference?

Trying to find out where or if he has studied at present. I would assume it's a similar role to his one at WBA, so if anything I would hope for a strong psychology background. Perhaps a twitterer on here could pose the question to Cryer or Nicko?

My link

My link

He lasted 6 months at WBA leaving for family reasons, before joining Ipswich 6 months later and lasting 1 year before being dismissed. I wonder what the signings (international) were like during his tenure there?

Even then with this appointment, we now need to look at increasing the backroom team, a psychologist, fitness, Sports science researcher, nutritionist and one or two interns to do the data entry aspects of everyday training would not go a miss. But now we need people with a strong scientific and footballing background and I don't mean playing, badges will do but people who excel in the sciences are needed to support and get the best out of the players, a couple of PhD's wouldn't go amiss.

This morning's LT confirms that Simon Hunt is to be appointed Sports Director, he has previously held similar roles at other clubs.

I am also told that we are close to making another senior appointment, this position will be filled by a female. Don't know who it is or what the role is at the moment.

If its Karen Brady my season tickets going back :angry::D

Never heard of the guy and his track record, IMO, is unconvincing.

All we seem to be doing is replacing proven, experienced and respected guys with people of a, seemingly, inferior quality.

The name Hunt seems to be a criteria for new senior appointments. Now waiting for the appointment of Mike Hunt !

Never heard of the guy and his track record, IMO, is unconvincing.

All we seem to be doing is replacing proven, experienced and respected guys with people of a, seemingly, inferior quality.

The name Hunt seems to be a criteria for new senior appointments. Now waiting for the appointment of Mike Hunt !

Does it mean that if you have not heard of him, he is not ok ? Strange statement.

Archived