BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League Cup

If the Raos don't get the message from the size if this crowd they never will

Sorry Paul, but the crowd of 8,607 is pretty average for the last few seasons. We played Norwich this time last year and got about 1,000 more but two years ago we got a smaller crowd playing Peterborough in the fourth round.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formica for me looks and plays like a slightly smaller version of Franco Di Santo. Its uncanny the resemblence

Formica is alot better than Di Santo. plus 2 totally players. DS is a target man and Formica is a guy who plays in the number 10 role like Bergkamp did

And could be even better.

Need to work out his best position and play him there.

The lad can certainly finish so would seem him either in the hole or as a second striker.

Like a lot of gifted young players, needs to mature in his decision making rather than taking on one too many and losing the ball - that's what I meant by needing more end product.

Sounds a bit like a young C.Ronaldo who also had the skill and no end product in his first couple of season. But what player he became after getting some direction.

There are some interesting views on here on tonight's game i.e. very different from mine.

I thought Formica was brilliant and hard-working and Rochina too flash and frustrating. Stands on the ball too much, and gives it away too easily.

Slightly underwhelmed by Petrovic - cool on the ball and good passing, but sat back too much overall. Maybe under instruction. Also looked weak in the air for a man his size.

Too much asked of Goodwillie as a single striker. He's not a target man. He finds space and he finishes. Found myself wishing we had Bellamy chasing the balls that were lumped forward, so that he could slip Goodwillie in. He will score loads, but not many in that formation.

Very impressed with first view for me of Jason Lowe. Out of position looked a very mature and competent pro for such a young lad. Maybe the next big thing.

Givet is short of skill and pace but is still an excellent defender.

I've a feeling that Petrovic and Jermaine Jones would be an excellent midfield combination.

Pedersen is cheerful but woeful. How many wasted free-kicks can he get away with?

We're still a centre back short, and two strikers, and a right-back. Otherwise looking OK and will improve rapidly as the team gels. More footballers than we've ever had, since Dunn/Duff/Jansen/Mahon.

very harsh on Formica. though he played quite decent actually. work hard for the team, plenty of good touches during the game.

would start on Saturday for me on Saturday.

pic of the owners celebrating one of the goals. from Jason Roberts twiiter page

http://yfrog.com/kih2ptbaj

Is that Jerome Anderson, on the end, grey suit, looking in the direction of the owners. Smug 'I told you so smile on his face'.

Not good if so.

I love how people slag off Formica as a flop and overpriced????

He has just proved that he can score against Premiership opposition (Wolves) and also scored a beatiful header against Kitchee.

We have some very exciting players on our hand: Rochina, Formica, Nzonzi, Petrovic, Hoilett, Olsson, Lowe, Goodwillie. We have been crying to shift out some deadwood for years, ie Andrews.

When shifting out dead, where people expecting Andrews out - Mascherano in?

A strong Rovers team against a weakened League One side. Victory is all you can expect.

Not too sure quite what happened in the first 5 minutes. The game was over after that. We did however manage to lose the last 85 minutes 0-1.

Apart from Salgado who has started the season poorly we don't have any recognised full backs which has been causing us problems for a long time now. This will be made even worse with Emerton's exit.

The new fella in midfield was OK without being spectacular and should have scored...time will tell.

Formica was worryingly flicky and Goodwillie did well enough but tired.

Without Samba we are screwed. That has been clear from the 3 games so far.

If he goes we might as well not bother.

Easy win 3-0 after 6 minutes, 2 further goals disallowed and great chances missed by Givet & Petrovic.

Bunn Not the best distribution and also should have done better with the goal

Emerton Good cross for the 1st goal, and given plenty of opportunity to attack due to Wednesdays poor attack

Hanley Played well, quite solid. Personally I think 2 out of 3 (Wolves & Sheff Weds) he has looked much improved on last season. Villa he didnt do too bad but then made the mistake which allowed Bent to score.

(Lowe 46) considering he was in defence, rather than midfield he did very well calm on the ball and clearly already much better than league 1 standard. One to watch for the future.

Givet Solid showed what a difference he can make. Best defender on the night.

Olsson Ok but rushed his play abit against a league 1 side….should be showing abit more against this level

Rochina 2 very well taken goals, and linked up play with the other attackers very well. Rochina, Goodwillie & Formica seemed to play on a very similar wave length.

(Hoilett 81) Only given 10 minutes, but still had a couple of runs at the defence. Shame we didnt get to see him for 30 mins.

Nzonzi Solid in midfield, and seemed to help Petrovic settle.

(Dunn 71) 20 mins on, did very little

Petrovic Not sure what to make of him, he is very calm on the ball and seems to just take his time, which im not sure he will be able to do in the premier league. Seemed to be all over the pitch which considering I didnt notice any lung busting runs isnt bad. Too early to judge yet, we should know more in 3 or 4 games time.

Pedersen As usual FRUSTRATING!!!! League 1 opposition should be easy for someone with 8 years prem experience yet he still manages to make other teams look like Brazil. Poor free-kicks and didnt do much as usual. One bit of lovely link up play by Rochina and the ball bounced into MGPs path, he looked surprised it was there and just wasnt on the same wave length.

Formica Good on the ball as always, but didnt impose himself enough, and didnt get his shots away!

Goodwillie Looked good, took his goal well and scored 2 others that where given as a foul & an offside (wouldnt mind seeing that 1 again though) showed good movement, not afraid to shoot and linked up well with Rochina & Formica. His pace is also deceiving as he can shift quite quickly as we saw a few times when racing defenders to the ball.

Rochina and Formica appear to have a lot of skill but I was very disappointed to see Formica lose out in a chase for the ball with a defender with three yards start. If he had any pace he would have been through on goal. Sadly he appears too slow for the PL.

Speed isn't everything. If he has quality on the ball and can see a pass then he can play in the league.

Very few players succeed in this league if they aren't either fast or strong. Those that do are usually exceptionally gifted in other areas.

If he's as slow as people are making out then chances are he won't be a success here.

Archived