BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

Stuart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand Bus-face Bruce, I've never liked him.. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

There is one 'manager' I hate infinitely more though, so much so I would prefer Bruce instead. He's no fool though, he wouldn't come. Not that there would be an available position for him anyway....

The tragic events Sunday may have delayed this sacking a day or two.

MON was actually smart to leave Aston Villa because they sold some players, gutsy thing to do.... perhaps we will be seeing him there.

I have to hand it to Sunderland to make this move while they are safe relatively. Venky's may see this and get an idea especially if there is not a win this weekend. A draw would not do much.

So the Bruce is first to take the bullet, Not surprised really he has a great record of falling out with players, and has spent big, achieved nothing. He was on a good number at Wigan but twice he walked out on them.

Would I take Bruce for Kean................................ Ouch bar Kean I can't think of another Manager I despise more, which the way my luck is going may mean Bruce gets the nod and ends up at Ewood. I really hope not, as he aint an improvement on Kean, and we all know how bad Kean is

MON was actually smart to leave Aston Villa because they sold some players, gutsy thing to do.... perhaps we will be seeing him there.

MoN left as he was told to reduce the wage budget at Villa which ment they would never win anything. He was right of course as they replaced him with Alex McLeish who took Brum down the year before.

MoN left as he was told to reduce the wage budget at Villa which ment they would never win anything. He was right of course as they replaced him with Alex McLeish who took Brum down the year before.

Okay, the time line with Aston Villa is actually that French manager coming in to replace MON, Houlier I believe and then, he had some heart problems, Aston Villa stayed up, Houlier left and only then did Alex McLeish come in after the end of last season. Villa comfortably got by in the last weeks. Villa is doing somewhat well this year, I was looking, Bent and Agbonlahor both have 5 goals so far.

But yes, at this point, Bruce and McLaren are not managers one wants to take a chance with but McLaren is being mentioned in these frames as well.

A job has got to fit too, you may be a great manager but if it isn't the right club like I didn't think Hodgson should manage a big club, at least like Liverpool, it may not work out but Hodgson is still a good gaffer and has done a world of good for WBA and Fulham before. Even a good manager may hit a bump in the road as Allardyce at Newcastle is another case but mostly elsewhere, he's been great.

Looking at the betting list for Bruces replacement and there is not much when you get past MON and Hughes.

The main worry for me is no manager worth his salt will come near Rovers. Now of course almost anyone is better than Kean but IF/WHEN he is replaced I am not expecting to be excited by their arrival. God I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

The main worry for me is no manager worth his salt will come near Rovers. Now of course almost anyone is better than Kean but IF/WHEN he is replaced I am not expecting to be excited by their arrival. God I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

newcastle fans were far from happy with the appointment of Pardew, but a year or so on look at them now. It's when the manager and the job coincide at the right time for both that things happen. souness to us was perfect. allardyce to us was perfect. Doesn't matter who the manager is if it's right. I don't want Bruce as like someone else said, I've never liked him. However, would I take him over Kean? You bet I would. that's not to say I think we should have him, but you can't write off anyone as a possibility at the moment. As long as Kean goes. I just hope that if by some fluke we beat Swansea, the owners realise it's a fluke and still get rid.

Quote from Michael Gray on Hughes replacing Bruce:

"He would hit the ground running because that is the way he works. We finished sixth in the Premier League under him at Blackburn and a large part of this was because he had us so well prepared and so fit. In the last 15 minutes we used to overpower teams and we didn't fear anyone."

:(

With Kean, the fear has spread like a disease throughout the team.

Hughes would be an excellent appointment for most clubs - we play Sunderland soon too within this 6 easy games period. Just means unless we make a change ourselves, we will likely get zero points from that one.

Guest Rovers4Good

This is what happens when you've got a decent board at a football club. They see they are going nowhere fast, they give their manager enough time to turn it around and when he doesn't it's bye bye. :)

Love the joke i heard yesterday saying "Another defeat for Steve Kean you couldn't even win the sack race". :)

Edit: Didn't realise there was a Steve Bruce thread, I already posted this in the Steve Kean topic but I think it's worth posting in here.

Bruce strikes me as one of those managers who is shrewd when forced to operate on a budget at a smaller club but loses his head a little when he's got cash to spend. This page lists his top ten signings (2009). The likes of Palacios and Valencia are Hughes-like in their value for money.

He seems pretty good at bringing in unknown players from abroad and turning them into good Premier League players, which would appeal to Venky's you would think.

Archived