BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs West Brom preview

When you remove Hoilett and Olsson from the team we have no pace at all. In addition to that, none of the attacking midfielders give the defence any cover. Thats three midfielders not tracking back. Lowe and Pedersen were given no protection which, as both were playing out of position, was always going to lead to trouble.

Kean should obviously have been fired months ago, but I also think that our lack of squad depth is telling more and more. How many proven premiership players were playing for us today? Apart from Robinson, Samba and Yakubu I dont think any of the other players would get into another premiership starting XI.

The lack of decent signings in the summer is really starting to hurt us. Petrovic not cutting it/not getting picked is the biggest blow as we're now having to rely on Dunn/Pedersen doing a job each week.

Today we were shocking. Kean will get one more game simply because its only 2/3 days away and no new manager could have an effect in that time. Even a win against Bolton doesn't really change much as we're playing Liverpool and Utd.

I agree with your points except for the new manager one ...A new manager ,would give the fans a lift !!!! Relegation is a certainty and this is the last game we may win for quite a while , defeat by Bolton which will happen if Kean is in charge ..Make Nelsen manager for a couple of weeks , we will lose games but we could beat Bolton.Then get a manager appointed who knows the championship and build for next season ...

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's game was clearly a tipping point for me.

In the last few games, it's been clear that the players have been doing their best for Kean. Yesterday they weren't.

I think the Sunderland debacle has been a massive wake up call for the players and Kean's now lost the dressing room. Simple.

It's the only logical explanation for yesterday's turgid performance.

I noticed as soon as the players started the warm up, only a couple of them wanted to be there and the effort and enthusiasm was poor.

Samba was massively and inexplicably out of sorts and that tells me everything.

Driving home after our most recent games I've been really angry, frustrated and disappointed.

Last night was different. Having watched that shower of sh!t I've now accepted our fate and that it's too late for anything to change. All the anger frustration and disappointment has gone. I really couldn't care any more.

As an aside, I took my mate from Cornwall yesterday as he was at a loose end and his assessment was pretty honest and striking. "That is honestly the worst I have ever seem a football team play," he said. And that's coming from someone that follows Plymouth Argyle!

We have now sunk lower than I could have ever imagined and I lay the entire blame firmly at Venky's door.

Like me, I'm sure lots of us looked at the empty half of the directors seats.....

It's a poor do when the West Brom section was full !!!

Just shows we have no senior management, so who will sack him ??

The level of respect shown to our famous old club by our owners is an absolute disgrace.

Why has their name and logo on the screens completely disappeared ??????

• Moderation Lead

I seem to say this every week, but same sh1t different day. We really are hopeless.

It's almost like I'm dealing with the stages of grief, and sadly I'm at the acceptance stage.

My god this is a living nightmare.

Or maybe its time everyone stopped with the petty bickering and point scoring that has been going on, on here and started actually debating!

EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion, if people cannot accept that and debate/discuss those in a civilised manner, then this message board is not for you.

Agreed. Too much red wine last night - apologies.

(sentient, the post is aimed at members in general, not just you)

• Backroom

I wouldnt worry pb emotions high all round.

You know what I saw as a sad indication of our plight? The big screen advertising 2 for 1 corporate tickets

You know what I saw as a sad indication of our plight? The big screen advertising 2 for 1 corporate tickets

Was just watching the report on SSN, just noticed how little advertising round the ground.

We gave zero corporate value. We are in the biggest league for exposure, and have zero value........

Or maybe its time everyone stopped with the petty bickering and point scoring that has been going on, on here and started actually debating!

EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion, if people cannot accept that and debate/discuss those in a civilised manner, then this message board is not for you.

(sentient, the post is aimed at members in general, not just you)

Or maybe we take it back beyond whether you went to Pune or not? That'll help. I'm sure there are plenty who are taking the protest moral high ground who were creaming themselves when Venky's took over thinking we were going to be splashing the cash on players again. I can remember a few. Let's single them out.

I'm actually worried this club and fans will NEVER be the same again, even after this lot are long gone.

Atmosphere was terrible yesterday, even before we went behind. Team looks clueless. For those saying we're unlucky because we concede "screamers", it's not luck - it's lack of a cohesive midfield that presses effectively. And considering we're supposed to now play "football" when was the last time we finished a match with MORE possession than the opposition.

The level of respect shown to our famous old club by our owners is an absolute disgrace.

Why has their name and logo on the screens completely disappeared ??????

On Tuesday, every time that ###### logo appears, the whole ground should boo. Pretty sure it would only take a few to start it off for the whole ground to join in. Followed by some anti-Venkys chants. Would make a statement that will get picked up on SKY.

• Moderation Lead

Sunday supplement ripping into Kean and Venkys. Can't blame them and for once they are talking sense. If Kean is here this time next week I don't know what we can ever do to get our club back :(

They've changed their tune! :rolleyes:

Sunday supplement ripping into Kean and Venkys. Can't blame them and for once they are talking sense. If Kean is here this time next week I don't know what we can ever do to get our club back :(

And did they apologise for ripping into the fans for booing Kean celebrating with Yak? Bet they didn't

On Tuesday, every time that ###### logo appears, the whole ground should boo. Pretty sure it would only take a few to start it off for the whole ground to join in. Followed by some anti-Venkys chants. Would make a statement that will get picked up on SKY.

I booed kean on screen before kick off and got weird looks!!

Not enough fans give a (Please don't use that word again)

The problem is that a company's customers wouldn't want to go !!!!

IMO, our club is goosed from top to bottom and this will take a long, long time to turn around, if ever. I have seen bigger and better managed organisations than Rovers are now, struggle to pull out of a nosedive and that is what we are in.

Paul,

Then perhaps I can make you interested. We've met up in the past. I remember you co

ming to my house for a lift to Ewood in a rain storm, we got to Ewood eventually.

After 30+ years of going to Ewood I've had enough. I haven't taken the decision lightly. I've still got 50% of my season ticket that I'm not going to use.

I fully appreciate that supporting a football team is a completely irrational thing to do, it's go absolutely nothing to do with shopping at Sainsburys or Morrisons and seeing which has the cheaper bag of sugar or a litre of washing up liquid.

But there comes a point where the blind, stupid, mindless support that most of of us here willingly & loyally give to Rovers has to break. For me this came after the Cardiff game.

Quite simply, I've decided that I've had enough of the corrupt & incompetant ownership and management of the club that I used to do a regular 60 mile round trip for 30 years to see. It's no longer an option. I'd just rather stop at home or do something else. I get no great pleasure from this, it's a massive wrench. I'd much rather be cheesed off if we won and I wasn't there than yesterday's debacle that I didn't go to.

BTW I haven't had a "great day."

Yours regretfully

Colin

Hi Colin, we went to Celtic too and got free booze on what appeared to be a Celtic fans' bus. Look I missed quite a few games last season because I'd rather spend time with my wife than watch the nonsense down at EP. I too could quite easily walk away right now. If Venkys are still in charge next season I suspect I will. But right not we need to put pressure on the club or else I think it's curtains.

I've not been to a game with a worse atmosphere than this one. Possibly when we played at Southampton in the late 70's.

To say it was silenty threatening would be an understatement so anyone saying the fans didn't care on here was either not there or blind drunk.

If I was Kean I'd seriously think of getting out quick through a side door and leg it - never mind resign or wait to be sacked. ButI'm not and he's so dim or thick skinned he'll stay for his payoff- and I might too! But that might not happen - Venky's could just leave him where he is. Rovers are in a truly terrible position. Venky's have tried to develop us as a global brand. It's failed and they seem to have decided to leave us to it.

However there are other board members and executives (I think - nothings really clear anymore) who have a stake in the club and these are the people who should stand up an be counted or GET OUT!

On a more worrying front IF things don't change soon - and new owners with big pockets are a must - we will go down in consecutive seasons and I can see us going out, not just down but out.

This playing squad is the poorest I can remember for 20 years or more (bar possibly the last few months of Souey's reign). The last time we went down it really just took a couple of serious buys to get things going but this time the whole squad bar Samba needs changing - and from what I hear with agents just about running the club at the moment he won't be staying.

Team looked very unfit today - Anyone guess how big Yakubu's shorts are - they were MASSIVE!

I agree with your points except for the new manager one ...A new manager ,would give the fans a lift !!!! Relegation is a certainty and this is the last game we may win for quite a while , defeat by Bolton which will happen if Kean is in charge ..Make Nelsen manager for a couple of weeks , we will lose games but we could beat Bolton.Then get a manager appointed who knows the championship and build for next season ...

NEW manager - who the hell would come? Trips to India for meetings FFS. I won't earn a 10th of what Kean is on and still wouldn't be interested. Nelsen sounds about the best bet but from what little I know of him he will stand up an be counted and they won't put up with that.

A terrible performance from a terrible team, put together by a person who is simply not cut out to be a premier league manager. As others have said today's team would struggle in the Championship. My Dad is a Burnley season ticket holder and he is licking his chops for next season, and he admits that they are no good.

(Burnley are in a worse state than us behind the scenes - trust me ;) )

Strongly disagree with that second point, booing a player coming on can never be a good thing.

Also we looked better with Hanley on the pitch

Lies, no team would look better with Hanley on the pitch, and I include pub teams in that statement.

And they call us fickle. ******* on that show.

Venky's have tried to develop us as a global brand. It's failed and they seem to have decided to leave us to it.

They haven't though, have they?

That's the thing. They bought us then realised they would actually have to get off their backsides and do some actual work to make a success of it.

So...then, they just couldn't be arsed.

Archived