BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs West Brom preview

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone said, lots of gaps in areas that are normally full- A good chunk of ST holders have obviously given up the ghost- probably never to be seen at Ewood again.

My seat was one of the empty ones in the BBE Lower. I'll be seen at Ewood again when Kean is sacked.

That has to go down as one of the most dis-spirited performances I have ever seen from my Blackburn Rovers. The way way backed off for the second was criminal. The commentators here said Kean was ordered to get 4 points from the next two games, WBA and Bolton, well that is now impossible so let's get shut eh.

Not candid enough for me, the writer could have be a lot more scathing and not crossed the line.

Or maybe its time everyone stopped with the petty bickering and point scoring that has been going on, on here and started actually debating!

EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion, if people cannot accept that and debate/discuss those in a civilised manner, then this message board is not for you.

(sentient, the post is aimed at members in general, not just you)

A member for 5 minutes and 22 years old. How the hell have you become a moderator? Who do you know?

Get a grip. BBC website, Rovers website. Takes three seconds to find out.

I never bother with the official website, but thanks for pointing that out. Couldn't see it on the BBC website.

Anyway, I shan't bother asking on the messageboard again, hopefully that will please you.

• Backroom

I dont see what relevance age or length of time on the site has, his point is pefectly valid.

As a member from Oswaldtwistle with a Jack Daniels avatar I hardly think you are qualified to say that

I dont see what relevance age or length of time on the site has, his point is pefectly valid.

Not disagreeing with his point. More the authorititive way in which he puts it and his qualification to moderate members who have been on here for years. Is he a friend of yours?

What happened to Tom's post. Didn't last long did it?

• Backroom

Not disagreeing with his point. More the authorititive way in which he puts it and his qualification to moderate members who have been on here for years. Is he a friend of yours?

Nothing I decided it was a petty and pointless post so I unapproved it.

Never met him, but he volunteered his time and effort to help the site when we asked, which we appreciate. There was hardly a massive queue, probably because some are so difficult to moderate.

Or maybe we take it back beyond whether you went to Pune or not? That'll help. I'm sure there are plenty who are taking the protest moral high ground who were creaming themselves when Venky's took over thinking we were going to be splashing the cash on players again. I can remember a few. Let's single them out.

I'm actually worried this club and fans will NEVER be the same again, even after this lot are long gone.

Atmosphere was terrible yesterday, even before we went behind. Team looks clueless. For those saying we're unlucky because we concede "screamers", it's not luck - it's lack of a cohesive midfield that presses effectively. And considering we're supposed to now play "football" when was the last time we finished a match with MORE possession than the opposition.

Not that it really matters to anyone, but no, I did not go Pune. To be honest who really care who went Pune, they could have gone Cuba for all I care, it does not change our current situation and thay have no control or blame in it either.

Back on topic. We are dire whenever we play at the moment, that was evident when we made WBA look like they have a team full of world class players.

Never met him, but he volunteered his time and effort to help the site when we asked, which we appreciate. There was hardly a massive queue, probably because some are so difficult to moderate.

Point taken Ste. :D

24 hours later and its still the same old painful feeling. What an absolute disgraceful effort from those wearing that shirt on their backs, and I am firmly laying that blame at the feet of the idiot in charge.

The atmosphere within the walls of Ewood is non existant so I would love to be able to see the atmopshere that Kean talks about within the team spirit. What I saw yesterday were players not given a basic ambition pitchwise, there were no offensive tactics, the defence is the same defence that has a tendency and capability of leaking goals to whatever opposition is in front of them, we saw a team bereft of guile, nouse, willingness, fitness, basic football know how and a team who were most definately not playing to instructons. What we also saw was a manager that hasnt got a fluffing clue on how to set up against a team that is simply poor at best.

For our own manager to go out 4-5-1 at home in a game we simply had to win evidences without doubt that he hasnt got a clue. I would like to speak to him personally and ask a few questions.

I want to know what it is the owners think and can see what it is he is trying to do ?

I want him to come out and explain his poor record.

I want him to explain how he can think he can turn it around and go on this unbeaten run he suggests.

I want him to explain his understanding of substitutes and what it is they are supposed to bring to a game of football.

I want him to explain what he does on the training pitch and he views the fitness of the current squad.

Thats just for starters.

Back to yesterday. Rovers were awful from the off, there simply wasnt a game plan. There was no plan a,b or c. To go 4-5-1 was wrong it put us on the back foot straight away. I question his initial line up. Why, if he thought Hanley was a right back, didnt he go with it from the off ? He could have put Lowe in the middle and a second striker on from the off because YAAKUBU had very little service until a second striker came on.

The defence really worries me. Samba clearly has issues you saw that with his reaction to the subs, his wayward lashing of the football and the fact that he wasnt leading on the pitch. Pederson at left back ? Recently he has been the only positive in midfield so why didnt he play a youngster there ? We have two full backs in Ribeiro and Anderson yest both were nowhere near the subs bench.

The midfield ? Dunn is nowhere near fit enough and he doesnt produce anything but space for the opposition. He needs putting out to rest and should have been subbed way before he was. Simon should have remained on the pitch because he was the only real outlet for the forwards. I thought NZonzi was class but he needs support.

The substitutions baffled me, what the hell was kean thinking of ? Hanley at right back, Lowe into midfield, Roberts and Goodwillie to support Yakubu? Didnt make any sense to me whatsoever.

To lose 2-1 was very fortunate, we should have been out of it much earlier. It took until 38 minutes for us to have a shot on goal. Foster wasnt tested at all and really WBA had a very easy day at the back. They were all over us and poured through the midfield like they werent there, oh yes they werent !

Tactic wise Kean hasnt got a clue. Its written all over the players faces. Not one player knew his role yesterday the team were a shambles and we all over the place. The subs compelled it.

Fan wise - what is there to shout about at Ewood ? Its truly a horrible place to be. Fights between our own fans, bickering, bitching, players just going through the motions and a manager who gets off slagging his own fans. Thats about it really. Kean must now realise that after yesterdays tumultuous KEAN OUT, all 4 corners shouted it loud and proud, that he has no option but to leave. Thats if he isnt pushed. I loathe him beyond everything else. His rabbit caught in the headlight speech yesterday said it all, a man on the precipice and the slippery slope to unemployment, he will never work as a manager again after this shambles.

On Tuesday, I will walk to my seat for the last time until there are major changes at the club. I really am that downspirited about the club, Rovers and football. My ST goes away because of the club cannot be bothered then why the hell should I ? I will send my usual email to Mr Hunt and I wont expect a reply because he is another who seems to be out of touch with the reality of the dire situation we are in.

In the meantime folks, I wish everyone a Merry Xmas (kean co apart) and all the best for 2012.

KEAN OUT

• Backroom

a man on the precipice and the slippery slope to unemployment, he will never work as a manager again after this shambles.

Sad thing is mate, with the payoff he gets from being sacked, combined with the wages he'd picked up over the last year... he'll never even need to work again. With such strong links to uncle Jerome, however, you can guarantee he'll get a job as a coach somewhere else if he wants it. Tragic.

Agree with the rest of your post, yesterday we were an abject mess.

Yesterday was the first time this season when we have been really poor at home. It was also the 5th of our 6 winnable games in a row from which we have taken 4 points and got steadily worse through this period. All this points to relegation. It's such a bad situation I can hardley bring myself to get angry about it anymore. Kean still doesn't seem to notice that we are getting overrun in midfield every week and yet again poor defending allows a mediocre team to win easily. Who knows what was going on with the 2 who let their player to stroll through for the 2nd goal but if we don't have any tacklers in the team we shouldn't be surprised if we can't win any tackles.

I know the saying is "There's no such thing as bad PR", but the Venkys brand is ruined in this country. This experiment has been an unmitigated failure.

Actually no such thing as bad PR is not true any more with the days of the web and the global economy. Olympus in Japan and Penn State University over here are on their knees with their reputations in tatters. I am fearful that the real truth behind our club's dire position has not yet scratched the surface. it may be that Kean is the least of our problems if that is possible to believe.

#venkyspleasesell.

Archived