BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bolton

Lot of similarities between Coyle and in Kean in that they both come across like "coach" types, like to be overly positive and Coyle in particular loves his clichés more than most managers - Coyle of course does have some sort of track record in comparison to the Kentaro boy and both have really poor results as football managers over the past 12 months.

They are both highly rated by Alan Nixon too...Say no more !

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

A totally boring 0-0 game would be the ideal outcome for this game given whats at stake.

Kean would spin it as a success as we kept a clean sheet.

Dunny surely can't play he just ain't up to it anymore, sad state of affairs when we have little other option, I'd rather Linganzi at least he'd have energy, Dunn on Saturday couldn't even pass which is the one thing he should be capable of.

Also I worry about Yakubu I doubt he's fit enough for another game after Saturday

3-0 rovers and nobody will be overly happy about it

I think whatever the result the end will be the same in that we will drop a division. Even then Kean WILL keep his job. We are screwed either way tomorrow, win Kean keeps his job Coyle gets fired Bolton may approach Mark Hughes who knows. Lose we keep Kean on another load of polishing turd talk and we go into Xmas depressed as we have been all season.

I have nothing to back up my feeling, but I think that Kean is being sacked at the back end of this week, regardless of what happens vs Bolton.

By keeping him in charge against Bolton, it gives the owners time to get a new manager in and reduces the disruption.

That said, the side can't get any less organised than what Kean has them anyway, so it would probably have been a good idea to let Clement take charge!

I have nothing to back up my feeling, but I think that Kean is being sacked at the back end of this week, regardless of what happens vs Bolton.

By keeping him in charge against Bolton, it gives the owners time to get a new manager in and reduces the disruption.

That said, the side can't get any less organised than what Kean has them anyway, so it would probably have been a good idea to let Clement take charge!

Anybody other than Kean would have been a good idea - can still look for a replacement as the week goes on, but just the fact that Kean being sacked would have lifted Ewood (& I think the players).

My prediction against Bolton:

With Kean 2-2 DRAW

Without Kean 3-1 WIN

I would change the formation tonight, the 4-2-3-1 formation isn't really working and with Boilton's defensive frailities I would go 4-4-2 tonight.

I would play:

MGP - Samba - Hanley - Lowe

Simon - N'Zonzi - Dunn/Petrovic - Junior if fit or Formia

Yakubu - Rochina (Given a free role)

Bolton are under as much pressure as we are and we need to take the game to them. First goal will be crucial in this game.

Everyone geared up for another depressive evening and horrible christmas? I have, Kean took me close to tears saturday with the shambolic performance and abysmal result. Win or loos the feeling of depression will be going knowwhere. Its all about the bigger picture, and although a win may see us claw back into the fight for survival, we will be knocked back down out of the fight, with man utd, liverpool, and newcastle all away in 3 of our next 4 matches, which ill probably see us at least 6 points from safety and with a clueless manager still in charge that has no backing from the fans. A massive cloud is now over the head of Ewood and it appears to be getting darker and darker, and does not seem to want to clear, Steve Kean if you are not gone by the end of this week, then I am afraid it really is all over if it already isnt now. Belief is at an all time low and I cant see it improving under Clueless Kean. This just became the biggest week In Rovers history and in Venkys reign if there was ever 1 more chance for the Venkys its this week for once you must make the correct decision and steering a sinking ship out of the sh!t.

I think we are going to win tonight 3-0.

Where does that leave us?

Kean with a new contract probably,

I too think we'll win tonight, we are dire, but Bolton i think are even worse.

2-0 Rovers, and as daft as it seems, certain relagation.

I think it will be a high scoring game tonight, bolton are due to fire in some goals and with a very weak defence tonight I can see them scoring a plenty and I can also see us scoring a few with Bolton's weak back line. As soon as the first goal goes in which will be in the first 25mins then the goals will flow IMO. 4-3 to to either side for me, whoever scores first will probs get that 1 goal extra.

Robbo

Pedersen LB

Lowe CB

Samba CB

Henley RB

Junior RM

Nzonzi DM

Formica AM

Simon LM

Rochina Free Role

Yakky CF

I think we are going to win tonight 3-0.

Where does that leave us?

Relegated along with Bolton Wanderers I would imagine. Irrespective of the result tonight I suspect both these clubs will be playing Championship football next season. The only consolation will be seeing Big Sam leading West Ham into the Premier League while Desai and the Brothers Grimm count the cost of relegation. One can but hope that it might see Venky's share price fall a little more and cost them a few more millions. Still, the woman got the entertaining football she wanted. It's been great fun seeing the goals fly past Robbo this season while Kean boasts of the number of enteries into the opposition half we made. :angry2:

I would change the formation tonight, the 4-2-3-1 formation isn't really working and with Boilton's defensive frailities I would go 4-4-2 tonight.

I would play:

MGP - Samba - Hanley - Lowe

Simon - N'Zonzi - Dunn/Petrovic - Junior if fit or Formia

Yakubu - Rochina (Given a free role)

Bolton are under as much pressure as we are and we need to take the game to them. First goal will be crucial in this game.

I would go with that as well Kamy. Give Petrovic the start with N'Zonzi, and stick Rochina up front with the Yak where he should be.

Hanley actually has been a little better this season than last, when he looked like a lost puppy out there.

We will win tonight, probably by a decent margin. Kean should still be fired this week, for the West Brom game which was the worst Rovers performance I've seen in years and years

Archived