BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup - Newcastle v Rovers: Preview

colin

Ah well, after the Lord Mayor's parade comes the man with the man with the shovel and bucket. At least the rhubarb will be good in 2012.

The FA Cup. 15:00 on 7th January. At least it's not Aston Villa again.

NUFCS still has Mike Ashley as an owner. Rovers has Venkys.It used to be considered by the Barcodes that NUFC was the most incompetantly run premier league club. Well eat our collective

shorts Geordies! You have now lost that particular accolade. Rovers is now the most incompetantly run club in perhaps the whole of English football. Ever.

The football bit:

NUFC has won 6 FA Cups. These were in 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955

So has Rovers: 1884, 1885, 1886, 1890, 1891, 1928.

Ours are a bit more past their "sell by date." But we are still the only club to have ever won three consequetive FA Cups. For which we have a commemorative shield which, no doubt, Venky's are currently flogging off on e-bay.

On the bright side (he said, clutching at straws) we have a decent away record at SJP. The past 10 league games the results have been:

11-12 Lost 3-1

10-11 Won 1-2

08-09 Won 1-2

07-08 Won 0-1

06-07 Won 0-2

05-06 Won 0-1

04-05 Lost 3-0

03-04 won 0-1

02-03 Lost 5-1

01-02 Lost 2-1

The man to fear will be Demba Ba who has scored 14 times in the league this season - 2nd highest after Van Persie. Unfortunately The Africa Cup Of Nations doesn't start until 21st January so he will probably be in the starting line up. Luckily for us neither Nigeria (Yakubu Aiyegbeni) nor Congo (Veijeany Christopher Samba) seem to have qualified.

At the time of writing NUFC is sitting quiet nicely at 7th place on 30 points. The club started the season really well, but some recent results have seen them fade off a touch. The most recent results are

Newcastle 0 - 3 Chelsea

Newcastle 0 - 0 Swansea

Norwich 4 - 2 Newcastle

Bolton 0 - 2 NUFC

Liverpool 3 - 0 NUFC

Three points out of the last five games

So, is that everyone primed up and ready to go to St James Park? Learn the route. St James Park is also the name of the home grounds of both Exeter City FC and Bracknall Town FC. We'll be playing them soon. Probably the former before the latter, but you never know. It depends on what happens at the "Venkys Out Stadium" over the next few seasons, and how Coco performs.

NUFCS officially now play at "The Sports Direct Arena." Managing director Derek Llambias said: "Stadium rebranding offers a lucrative way for clubs to secure significant additional income." This is regardless of the fact that since 1892 the ground has been known as St James' Park.Good luck with that one Mr Llambias, I'm sure that it'll catch on.

Rovers moved to Ewood in 1890, so expect it to re-named in the near future.

Meanwhile at The Venky's web site

here ha ha ha

Anuradha J Desai, the Chairperson of Venkys, said:

We are delighted, proud and humbled to be associated with Blackburn Rovers, a team with whom we share many values and ambitions. Going forward we plan to focus on leveraging the global influence in establishing Blackburn Rovers as a truly global brand. We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run Clubs within the Premier League. We are particularly pleased that the deal has the full support of the Walker Trust, the Chairman and the management team who will of course remain in place with our full support."

Way to go! Yo! You "focus on that leveraging that global influence." P1llock!

Now something else: Jeremy Lion, childrens entertainer: "I could have heard a mouse drop."

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is in no way in response to Colin's preview but is it bad that I really don't care about this match? Its an irritating distraction from what really matters- grinding out results to try and stay in the Premier League. I expect we will lose the game 3-1 to crash out at the 3rd round and I predict that I won't really feel anything at all in response to it.

Perhaps I'll feel different when 3rd round day arrives, its always been a highlight of the season, but I doubt it.

Well if Kean's going to forfeit the game I do hope that he'll let us know beforehand this time.

Nice preview Colin. That quote from the wicked witch should be sent to all and sundry :( Just so mad to read it.

Devon & SG194.

It's not a dichotomy that I can do a preview of a game, & that I also don't give a flying fart about the result.

It's strange though.

Reserve/youth squad for this one..... dare I say Ribeiro, Slew, Anderson, Blackman, Kean, morris etc. Main priority, no injuries!! Defeat is no bad thing at the moment. Probably be very few fans going after the Cardiff shambles! Rovers to lose.

Devon & SG194.

It's not a dichotomy that I can do a preview of a game, & that I also don't give a flying fart about the result.

It's strange though.

I understand. Thats why I'm particularly appreciating posters putting up match previews at the moment when things are so bleak for most of us; in honesty its not something I have the motivation to do. Thanks.

Don't laugh about flogging the commemorative shield, they're probably doing it as we speak.

Either that or Barry's had it mounted on the dash of his Veyron.

I used to laugh at other clubs being so badly run. It's not funny when it happens to your own club.

Well if Kean's going to forfeit the game I do hope that he'll let us know beforehand this time.

Nice preview Colin. That quote from the wicked witch should be sent to all and sundry :( Just so mad to read it.

He's forfeited the majority of the games we've played whilst he's been in charge so I would guess that this will be another. It may not be but chances are and all that.

People actually think Ribiero & Anderson will play? :rolleyes:

:lol: That's what I thought! You can't just go and throw the likes of Smalling and Irwin in at the deep end can you? They need time to settle in. I'm sure when we're in Division 2 they'll be well up to speed and raring to go.

Great preview Colin. It's got nil nil written all over it for me.

I really dont give a toss about this game, my love for football and in particular this Rovers has waned so much because of Kean. No doubt this gamne will be another forfeit so Rooster stay homeand save your pennies.

Barcodes 4-0

Sheesh, at this rate I will be there on my own!

Making a weekend of it so if I have a crap day I will have a good night.........

Making a weekend of it so if I have a crap day I will have a good night.........

Dont forget to take your shin pads and boots with you, Oh, and a towel. :rover:

Roost, You go to Newcastle and, I'm sure like the rest of everyone on here, we wish you a good day. What we wish you and what we expect are different things.

Don't forget to take your "Venkys Out" banner. If you are the only one there you'll be in the media.

Archived