BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup - Newcastle v Rovers: Preview

colin

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time we had an interesting/exciting 3rd round draw?

I cant remember getting excited about 3rd round day for a while tbh

0-3

Blyth was an ace day out until the actual game which was bloody awful!!

• Backroom

Rovers: Bunn, Henley, Givet, Hanley, Olsson, Vukcevic, Nzonzi, Petrovic, Peds, Rochina, Goodwillie

Not happy that Olsson is being risked to be honest, fine otherwise

Hmm why not play that player who isn't for sale and won't be sold....?

To be fair it could be because we desperately need him and Yakubu to stay fit. But then Yakubu is on the bench.....

Team is interesting. Quite like the look of it.

-----------------------Bunn

--Henley----Hanley----Givet----Olsson

Vukcevic---Nzonzi----Petrovic---Pedersen

------------Goodwillie---Rochina

With Tiote and Ba unavailable its not outside the realms of possibility that we could snatch something.

Our full backs are going to provide a hell of a lot of width. Pace to burn...

To be fair it could be because we desperately need him and Yakubu to stay fit. But then Yakubu is on the bench.....

With Tiote and Ba unavailable its not outside the realms of possibility that we could snatch something.

Was thinking the same, especially if Rochina plays well in a free role behind Goodwillie.

Would have also liked Morris instead of Olsson but hopefully he'll come on at some point.

Reckon this could be a good game if we get the service right from the flanks to Goodwillie - who has a big chance to shine in my opinion. It certainly has the feel of a no pressure game so we'll probably do alright!

But then you don't usually sub your defenders unless you need to but you quite often rotate strikers and Yakubu is the only striker we have at the club really so we do need to have him on the bench whereas we could probably play with a makeshift centreback

The defence does look okay (although I would like to see Samba instead of Hanley) but the midfield.....

That must be one of the slowest/laziest midfields ever sported by a Premiership side. If Dunn played instead of Pedersen on the left wing it would be complete.

The most obvious liability of course being Petrovic, who despite moving at a snail's pace from the off will find a way to slow down even further as the end of the game approaches.

I can see Newcastle running straight through the midfield and applying more and more pressure as the game drags on.

The defence does look okay (although I would like to see Samba instead of Hanley) but the midfield.....

That must be one of the slowest/laziest midfields ever sported by a Premiership side. If Dunn played instead of Pedersen on the left wing it would be complete.

The most obvious liability of course being Petrovic, who despite moving at a snail's pace from the off will find a way to slow down even further as the end of the game approaches.

I can see Newcastle running straight through the midfield and applying more and more pressure as the game drags on.

simon and nzonzi are good players.And the zonz isnt slow at all he's a galloper. -_-Oh and at least rubens in his proper position :rover:

I take a guess that MGP is the slowest midfielder we have got.

Archived