BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Sunderland Preview

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win! Somehow, against all the odds, we have become a proper team.

Credit where credit is due, the manager deserves some praise for the recent run of form.

To have simultaneously cleared out the dead wood, trimmed the wage bill, reduced the average age of the squad, and most importantly have us accumulating vital points...I am willing to give Coco a second chance...

Well played lads. We've been scoring goals all season, keeping clean sheets has given us two wins.

Very impressed by Nzonzi tonight. Thought he looked really composed in possession. Having so much pace going forward is causing so many problems for the opposition.

- To be honest, I dont think we'll blow it from here. 6 points ahead and in decent form. One or two more wins and a handful of draws should seal it.

Unreal! Second game running where Kean doesn't mess things up with "tactics" during the game or give the game away with silly substitutions - and we come away with another win and another clean sheet :rover:

Magnificent display by the boys. Thought our defense looked solid throughout and Gamst & N'Zonzi look like our best pair for central midfield. Big shoutout to Hoilett in particular but also the Yak for scoring those oh so important goals. Hard to pick a MotM as I thought everyone was brilliant.

Anyone notice that Kean didn't celebrate when we scored that second goal (at least not when in camera)? Perhaps Black is The Boss now? Bah....really don't care right now. All that matters is another 3 points and a 6 point cushion down to QPR on 18th. I'm actually starting to believe we might just get another season of PL-football with Rovers involved. COYB! :brfcsmilie:

Great win! Somehow, against all the odds, we have become a proper team.

Credit where credit is due, the manager deserves some praise for the recent run of form.

To have simultaneously cleared out the dead wood, trimmed the wage bill, reduced the average age of the squad, and most importantly have us accumulating vital points...I am willing to give Coco a second chance...

Well a pretty hideously unattractive second half. However we well deserved the win. Defended well for the most part, look decent going forward. Did Sunderland have a shot on goal? They were awful, Bardsley and their left winger aside.

I thought Nzonzi and Hanley were particularly good. Yakubu is sometimes a bit a lazy but his hold up play was exceptional. Hoilett had an average game by his standards, but still catalysed the play and got a goal. Everyone else played acceptably without much else to report.

As an aside Marcus Olsson is a very dedicated and focussed player, with a lot of pace. But he seems a little one dimensional. Hopefully he can find an alternative to raw pace. And Orr can cross!

Wow, what a result, credit to all involved, wish I could have been there for this one, genuinely think we'll stay up now, I can see us continuing to pick up a few more points and from what I've seen from the teams below us there going to struggle to win another game between them.

Crazy what a couple of back to back wins can do. I'd also started to think we wouldn't keep a clean sheet all season, now 2 in a row, bloody hell!

Fantastic result. Credit to Kean, he outsmarted O'Neill. They may have been without some key players but you can only play what's in front of you.

What won us the game tonight was the unbelievable work rate from the players. Every single player put a shift in but special mention to Hoilett, Formica and Hanley. N'Zonzi was pretty solid too, even Pedersen had a good game.

The first half wasn't much of a spectacle but to keep going for the full 90 minutes was a credit to them.

I honestly think that Eric Black's involvement is starting to pay dividends. One the strength I tonight's performance, if we needed any reminding, we are really going to miss Junior next season. I just hope whoever replaces him from the academy is up to it.

Great win! Nice too see a clean sheat

Do er have the youngest defence in the league? Hanley 20, lowe 20, dann 25, Olsson 23. Marcus Olsson gives god brother great support and ge and orr ön a Free is Good business. Pedersen and nzonzi perfect in the middle.

I'd feel a lot more optimistic if it was just Black.

I'm unaware of how good he'd be with coaching the team in attacking positions. Maybe he'd be good at that too, but it would appear that his main contribution thus far has been defensive and Kean has us performing well in attack all season.

Great three points and if we follow it up with 3 on Saturday then Ill beleive we can stay up...This gives us a great platform to build on!

Thought it was a great team performance with everyone putting a shift in. Credit to the manager too who seems to be learning (aided by Black) at just the right time!!

COYB

Archived