BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Norwich City; 21/4/2012

m1st

Linganzi at centre half anyone? Be good to see him, at 6ft 2 would add a bit of height. or is he more of a midfielder?

He played with the deadwood (sorry, the Reserves) against Fulham on Monday afternoon. If you think he is answer to our problems I suggest you look elsewhere. Along with Goulon, Bruno, Blackman, Anderson and the rest there are no potential first teamers at this level just a bunch of also rans picking up wages for who knows what. The Reserves have two home games left and are still waiting for the first home win of the season. The younger element didn't play yesterday because of the youth game on Friday night and so none of those would be available to be blooded on Saturday.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry toad but that is completely hypocritical. You've decided that failing to beat Norwich will mean you change your mind? Why? We will still have 9 points to play for.

For you it's Norwich - much too late as far as I'm concerned - for some it was Bolton, for others it was last season? Why is your chosen "tipping point" more right than anyone else's? And what will be the point of only complaining and making your voice heard on the last home game of the season - especially when there (inexplicably) still be a chance of staying up?

Just seems an obvious one to me. Against Norwich we still have a realistic, if small, chance. If we don't beat Norwich then I'd be surprised if its not mathematically impossible by Wigan (when we'll have 6 points to play for).

Believe me, my tipping point was the second Allardyce walked out the door. Whilst the good football gang celebrated like a bunch of particularly dopey lemmings, long-term that was it as far I was concerned. But short-term strange things can happen in football, look at our revival after Bolton at home this season. You've gotta get behind your team as long as there's any reasonable doubt remaining.

The point against Wigan (provided its over) would be to give Venkys something to think about over the summer and provide a platform for more protests next season. But I really don't see what purpose protesting against Norwich serves on top of that. None basically, it'll just make people feel better. Well I'd rather try to help Rovers stay up than do that.

Did anyone see Givet's annoyance at Scott Dann in the beginning of the season?

I think Givet will play on saturday due to our crisis but he faces the fact to play against one of rovers worst defenders.

Givet is our best central defender and to ditch him is on of many suicides this season by Kean!

Is Linganzi still at our club? No I would give a debut to Hugo Fernandez to play with Givet at centreback!

I'd like to see a couple of the youth players thrown in for this match, they have everything to play for and I feel would show far more commitment that most our our current starting 11. The black lad who reminds me of Hoilett and also Fernandez as they both played well against Burnley

• Backroom

I'm optimistic for this match as there is a protest and don't we usually do well when there is a protest ?

Clutching at straws !?!?

Yep. You're just setting yourself up for more disappointment when we inevitably fail.

We're without Hanley and most likely without Junior or Yak as well. That's basically our entire front threat and our only half decent defender out. Oh, and our only other good defender has been frozen out of the team entirely.

Good luck with that one, Keano.

Good preview. Desperate now though - think it's a draw as Norwich haven't been too good lately. Or a capitulation and Holt making the most of a weak defence 0-4. Either way we're down.

See Kean has already started lining his excuses up. If we protest it's our fault any way. If we don't he'll have won us over. Shame he's not as good at football management as he is at media stroking and mindbending.

Good preview. Desperate now though - think it's a draw as Norwich haven't been too good lately. Or a capitulation and Holt making the most of a weak defence 0-4. Either way we're down.

See Kean has already started lining his excuses up. If we protest it's our fault any way. If we don't he'll have won us over. Shame he's not as good at football management as he is at media stroking and mindbending.

maybe Glen Mullan's post about the results with protests & without etc should be shortened and stuck on a banner, so Kean cannot use that as an excuse

I'd like to see a couple of the youth players thrown in for this match, they have everything to play for and I feel would show far more commitment that most our our current starting 11. The black lad who reminds me of Hoilett and also Fernandez as they both played well against Burnley

The youth lads are all playing at Stamford Bridge on Friday night so will be unavailable for Saturday. Of course, we have Anderson, Bruno, Goulon, Linganzi, Blackman etc. Then again, perhaps we would be better asking for volunteers from the crowd!

Combination of protest (and the teams reaction to it previously) and Norwich not really having much left to play for.. I reckon we will win it, just to annoy the hell out of every supporter who goes on the protest :(

Why would it annoy the protesters? As per Glen Mullans post yesterday, we have had better results when we have protested. We are protesting against the MANAGER & OWNERS, not the team pal........come on, get with it!!!! :brfcsmilie:

Great preview.

Rovers probably have four games left in the premier.

We have two choices as I see it.

1 Sit back and enjoy our last few prem matches for a long long time. Be prepared for the same next year in the champ with kean as manager.

2 Protest and show the owners and the bald moron we won't accept this crap anymore and that they are not welcome by any of the fans at the club.

Its up to individuals to make up their minds but I for one am breaking my promise to myself and will be attending all four matches showing my feelings toward this mess created by Venkys and the bald one.

Combination of protest (and the teams reaction to it previously) and Norwich not really having much left to play for.. I reckon we will win it, just to annoy the hell out of every supporter who goes on the protest :(

When supporters come out with statements like that, it makes me very, very nervous.

Lambert is not that type of manager and Norwich will be aiming to finish as high as they can especially with place money of around £800,000 per place available; realistically, Norwich could finish 3 places higher than their current position which would be worth a cool £2,400,000 ! Additionally, they will bring a sizeable following and it's a long and expensive haul from Norwich - rest assured that Lambert will reinforce that to the players.

Archived