SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Robbo To Turkey

Baz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Not too worried, decent enough and seems a good guy but not a massive difference maker IMO

His stats last season are quite damning really, no matter how poor the defence it's poor to be bottom in regards to save ratio

Bunn impressed me in the league but not always before that. I think with a little bit more experience he could be a very good player for us next year. If not, Kean looked alright against Chelsea and Huddersfield fans rate him highly.

In he first 2 seasons Robbo was here, he was good in the second half of each season. Then he was pretty good all year the next season when he won player of the year. Last year he looked awful but I mostly blame Kean. He was a hero though and I'm sure he will be always remembered fondly by our fans. I can definitely see why Spurs fans liked him. Goalkeepers generally last longer than outfield players so we should still be looking to get minimum 2 million for him.

Yakubu and Robbo gone.....2 down quite a few more to go imo.......hopefully Dann is the next to go and we miraculously get near 5 million for him.

I hope we give Bunn a chance because I think he's been excellent every time he's come in as a replacement and deserves a chance. Who knows how his development will go with some experience?

Wasn't impressed with Robbo at all last season and as Tom has mentioned, the stats back that up. He was excellent under Sam in the season we finished 10th though.

Top scorer gone, A world class keeper who is still young in goalkeeper terms on his way, The young guns expected to follow in Hoilett , Nzonzi, Olsson and Formica

I know you lose players when you get relegated, but when we was in the prem we dismantled the team by losing Jones , Samba, Nelsen , Emerton just to name a few,

What do we have as replacement for all this talent, someone who is older than me, linked with a striker who is older than him, a striker whose goalscoring record is worse than 1 in 4 and thats despite most of his career being in the lower divisions. Add to todays news that we are chasing two players who kean will describe as the next Ronaldo and Eusebio, to add to Batistuta, Iwin and Smalling, We are really in for a bumpy old summer window.

Im not feeling inspired, and quite frankly im discusted

I like Robbo, but world class is a bit far.

Good keeper tho, was hoping we might actually keep hold of him.

I like Robbo, but world class is a bit far.

Good keeper tho, was hoping we might actually keep hold of him.

As a gk who has his best years ahead of him and capped by England 41 times by england, and is in self exile id still rate him in World class bracket especially as Brad Friedel started to hit his form around the age Robbo is now

Robinson is sometimes very good but can also be poor. When Bunn had his chance against notably Manchester United he did really well! We have good keepers for the championship. Cash in and buy some good centrebacks.

Glen although I agree with the majority of your posts I feel this one is abit harsh. Hoilett and yak were inevitable to leave due to contract issues. Although robbo has been class for us in the past I felt last season was his most inconsistent. He would make great saves then let in soft goals at costly times. I feel now is a good chance to let him go and give bunn and kean a go, as well as trimming the wage bill as robbo would be a top earner

I don't think anybody could argue that murphy and best arnt good championship players. Think we all need to be realistic were a championship club and can't attract the players of previous years. The facts that were signing players is such as murphy shows we are strengthening and not just asset stripping like we all thought.

Although I'm not saying all things are rosey (far from it) it looks like money is being spent which indicates we are going to give it a good go

As a gk who has his best years ahead of him and capped by England 41 times by england, and is in self exile id still rate him in World class bracket especially as Brad Friedel started to hit his form around the age Robbo is now

World Class is a term banded around far too easily these days.

Good keeper, sure, but there were better keepers in the PL last season, let alone the rest of the world!

Can't agree with you glen. His stats for lost season were shocking. We can all blame defences but shot to save ratio doesn't really need to take account of that. He let in a higher ratio of shots than any other keeper in the league.

I was very impressed with Bunn at Liverpool. Whether he can play to that standard over the course of a season remains to be seen.

Happy to go into the season with Bunn and Kean.

The cost of relegation is highly likely, and inevitably if your club is in turmoil with a manager like Kean in charge, to see the loss of your better players: Robbo, Yak, Junior and, most probably, likely to be followed by Olsson1 & Nzonzi.

Robbo was an excellent signing by Ince and, IMV, always gave it his all and had a relationship with the supporters.

Wage cost savings are b o l l o c k s when looking at what Messrs Murphy and Best will be paid.

IMO, the rapid decline of our club just continues.

Robbo was poor last season and I'd say a lot of that was down to his weight.

He appeared to pile on the pounds last term and that hindered his performances.

If you can't be arsed to get yourself in tip-top shape as a premier league goalkeeper, there's something not quite right.

I won't be disappointed if we lose him. Bunn and Kean can do a good job in the championship.

Sad to see Robbo go more for his relationship with the fans being good and one of the few that seemed to genuinley care what happened last season. However, in footballing terms I feel we have two very good keepers in Bunn & Kean that will cover for his loss with relative ease. Its basically a face off between those two guys for the number 1 shirt now.

Archived