BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Robbo To Turkey

Baz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to him, thought Robbo was pretty damn average last season and this is backed up by the stats ... Well the stats would actually say he was rather poor. Quite happy with what I've seen from Bunn so far so I'm not too disappointed a potential transfer fee and a large wage off the books and a promising replacement stepping up isn't too worrying.

Can't agree with you glen. His stats for lost season were shocking. We can all blame defences but shot to save ratio doesn't really need to take account of that. He let in a higher ratio of shots than any other keeper in the league.

I was very impressed with Bunn at Liverpool. Whether he can play to that standard over the course of a season remains to be seen.

Happy to go into the season with Bunn and jake Kean.

corrected for you ricky

Was at The Stone Roses gig on Friday, at got chatting to a bunch of lads from Knaresborough, one of whom was good mates with Robbo. He said there's no way he'd go abroad as he doesn't want to move house, and that if no-one from a Premier club within driving distance came in for him he'd be staying. Guess we'll see!

• Backroom

Bunn will do just fine in the Championship, Robbo's been decent in his time with us but no way is he 'world class'. Not even close. That label should be reserved for the Buffon and Casillas types, not Paul Robinson.

Was at The Stone Roses gig on Friday, at got chatting to a bunch of lads from Knaresborough, one of whom was good mates with Robbo. He said there's no way he'd go abroad as he doesn't want to move house, and that if no-one from a Premier club within driving distance came in for him he'd be staying. Guess we'll see!

Wow...75,000 people and you got chatting to Paul Robinsons mate.....what would be the odds on that. ;)

Wow...75,000 people and you got chatting to Paul Robinsons mate.....what would be the odds on that. ;)

About the same as I would have got on chatting to Mark Ronson and Andy Burnham - both of whom were there as well? ;-)

About the same as I would have got on chatting to Mark Ronson and Andy Burnham - both of whom were there as well? ;-)

Andy Burnham????? once upon a time the roses were mildly cool...but Andy Burnham...mr.bullshyte...

It must have been like stiffs night out....how cringeworthy.

That's not something you tell people Mark

If and it is a big if . Rovers are going to push for a return to the Premier league , I would have thought we need a good keeper ..All be it he is not a world beater , but he is a better keeper than anyone that we may bring in ...

Paul Robinson , is one player if I was the manager , i would be trying to keep hold of .(if we can afford him but we signed Murphy)

Bunn may have played well a few times , but over a season I suspect he will be found wanting ...Time will tell .

Andy Burnham????? once upon a time the roses were mildly cool...but Andy Burnham...mr.bullshyte...

It must have been like stiffs night out....how cringeworthy.

That's not something you tell people Mark

I didn't say I actually spoke to him... oh never mind, it's clear you're either being a bell end or just plain thick (perhaps both).

It was a tremendous gig, but tell me oh great barometer of cool, what should we be listening to?

Robbo to Turkey for just a million !

http://www.dailymail...iktas-move.html

So, seemingly, coming in, we have a 35 & 36 year old on 2 year contracts who are IMO, way past their best, 2 other Portugese who are hardly known and probably Best from Newcastle supposedly on weekly wages in number of thousands that might just challenge the number of goals he's scored in his professional career.

Crazy, barmy times.

So, seemingly, coming in, we have a 35 & 36 year old on 2 year contracts who are IMO, way past their best, 2 other Portugese who are hardly known and probably Best from Newcastle supposedly on weekly wages in number of thousands that might just challenge the number of goals he's scored in his professional career.

Crazy, barmy times.

Jesus you must be a joy around the house it is incredible how you manage to see the worst in everything. Did you ever ask your sources in newcastle how they keep getting things so wrong by the way.

Swedish media claims Besiktas have gone for keeper Andreas Isaksson instead of Robbo, mainly due to him being cheaper (out of contract at PSV.) I guess this means Robbo is back to square one in his search for a new club...

Crazy, barmy times.

Who do you think we should sign?? Who did you expect us to sign???? Do you really think a Championship club can hope to attract better players then Danny Mursphy, Leon Best and Nuno Gomes??? They're not great but they're pretty much as good as we're going to get.

So far I think the business we've done has been good. Not overwhelming, but decent. Certainly in comparison to the last 3 windows at any rate. Now I know that whoever we bring in will still be managed by Kean and I'm sure there are questions as to how much these guys are being paid, but I find it hard to criticise the calibre of player we've bought over the last week or so considering we're a Championship club. Personally, I would have been fairly pleased with these signings a year ago. Murphy and Best in particular would have improved our team.

Get Kean out of the door and I'd almost feel optimistic about next season. Even if we lost Robbo, Olsson, Hoilett and Nzonzi, I think we'd have one of the strongest squads in the division.

I won't be disappointed if we lose him. Bunn and Kean can do a good job in the championship.

Wonderful :wacko:

Robinson was the latest in a line of very good goalkeepers for Rovers and seemed a good lad too who had an affinity with the club and supporters. I'll be sorry to see him leave. Bunn is unproven and is without doubt on a lower level than Robinson - perfect for our new status as a second tier club.

Who do you think we should sign?? Who did you expect us to sign???? Do you really think a Championship club can hope to attract better players then Danny Mursphy, Leon Best and Nuno Gomes??? They're not great but they're pretty much as good as we're going to get.

So far I think the business we've done has been good. Not overwhelming, but decent. Certainly in comparison to the last 3 windows at any rate. Now I know that whoever we bring in will still be managed by Kean and I'm sure there are questions as to how much these guys are being paid, but I find it hard to criticise the calibre of player we've bought over the last week or so considering we're a Championship club. Personally, I would have been fairly pleased with these signings a year ago. Murphy and Best in particular would have improved our team.

Get Kean out of the door and I'd almost feel optimistic about next season. Even if we lost Robbo, Olsson, Hoilett and Nzonzi, I think we'd have one of the strongest squads in the division.

They are getting to you then! You think we might be all right?!!! That's exactly what they are trying to do with these signings isn't it? Persuade waverers and convince those who have already renewed not to ask for refunds? Don't fall for it. They have no intention of getting anything right; as long as Kean is there, that is obvious. so don't be fooled. Things are not really getting better. They are trying to create an illusion of normality, that's all

I'm not deluded but I would like to think that by the end of this window we are no worse off than last year... Maybe slightly better balanced! I know people are angry with Kean and venkys and that is fine but I feel it's now time to try and summon some positivity to help the team get back to where we belong! I for one will be at ewood next year cheering on the rovers

They are getting to you then! You think we might be all right?!!! That's exactly what they are trying to do with these signings isn't it? Persuade waverers and convince those who have already renewed not to ask for refunds? Don't fall for it. They have no intention of getting anything right; as long as Kean is there, that is obvious. so don't be fooled. Things are not really getting better. They are trying to create an illusion of normality, that's all

The signings have been good. That's all. The club is still in a terrible state and for Kean to still be the manager is a disgrace. As I stated previously, IF Kean was fired tomorrow I would see us as having a decent shot at going back up with the squad that we have.

Archived