BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

It is not about clean slates, the fact Kean is still manager of our club is a complete and utter disgrace.

The fact we have Agnew in a senior position and now spokesman for the club is just as bad.

The answers should not be about picking up a few results at the start of the season so precious Stevie can keep his job - start running our club properly/normally NOW - this process should have started on his (Shebbys) first day, if he has the power he claims he has.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not about clean slates, the fact Kean is still manager of our club is a complete and utter disgrace.

The fact we have Agnew in a senior position and now spokesman for the club is just as bad.

The answers should not be about picking up a few results at the start of the season so precious Stevie can keep his job - start running our club properly/normally NOW - this process should have started on his (Shebbys) first day, if he has the power he claims he has.

But it hasn't.

And we can't change that fact that it hasn't.

So we either play the game or walk away.

Sustained pressure can work IMO - Kean was close to cracking at points I thought.

Went to a few games at the end of last season - in a strange sort of way, I enjoyed verbally abusing Kean for 90 mins even though my voice went each time.

This season, Agnew (and possibly Singh) are visible candidates for abuse too.

I know we are all looking for shreds of comfort, or some light at the end of the tunnel, but until things change these idiots deserve all the stick/hassle they get. Never make their life easy or hassle free.

Sustained pressure can work IMO - Kean was close to cracking at points I thought.

Went to a few games at the end of last season - in a strange sort of way, I enjoyed verbally abusing Kean for 90 mins even though my voice went each time.

This season, Agnew (and possibly Singh) are visible candidates for abuse too.

I know we are all looking for shreds of comfort, or some light at the end of the tunnel, but until things change these idiots deserve all the stick/hassle they get. Never make their life easy or hassle free.

Agree with this but... honestly?... I don't think any of them care.

I can't think of one member of the Rovers management set up who cares about Blackburn Rovers. It's really sad.

What's even more sad is that a large part of the fanbase no longer care either. This is what we've been driven to.

Agree with this but... honestly?... I don't think any of them care.

I can't think of one member of the Rovers management set up who cares about Blackburn Rovers. It's really sad.

What's even more sad is that a large part of the fanbase no longer care either. This is what we've been driven to.

It's cathartic for us - even if only a little. Give them hell every minute they hold our club hostage.

any feedback from the BRFC Action Group on the recent meeting with the Football League?

Nope, and no feedback on last meeting with Shebby either (other than a list of points they put to him)

This is how I hope it is:

Kean is employed by a consulatancy who are advisors to venkys..running the club transfers etc...they take us down. venkys can't sack kean directly as he isn't their employee. Grotbags now doesn't trust the shady tosspots anderson et al anymore, but rather than sacking the consultancy with no back-up, shebbys been brought in (on religous grounds maybe?? - )...to sort it all out and fuuuck them all off and appoint benitez as manager.

any feedback from the BRFC Action Group on the recent meeting with the Football League?

Nope, and no feedback on last meeting with Shebby either (other than a list of points they put to him)

The minutes were wrote by the club and as FR knows too well because the fans forum minutes were less informative, a lot of information is missed out when the club writes the minutes, however as always we will elaborate on the details of the meeting to our members, when we hold our open floor meeting again (of which the details will be announced shortly.)

The football league took our dossier to study in more detail. Whilst sections can be discussed at a 2 hour meeting, there is no way they can go through the entire file in this time-scale, once we have more information we will relay it back to our members as always.

We always elaborate with further details to our members, furthermore as a group representing supporters we have brought Shebby out from behind closed doors and delivered him publicly to a wider support base, so that they can ask their own questions directly to the man himself, as a supporters group this is what we must do.

Back on to the meeting, those who requested tickets before 7pm on Monday, will now have their tickets. If you have not received them, then check your spam box. Those who were unable to print them and got in touch with us this morning, have had theirs sent out by post today and they should be with you tomorrow. Anyone who still requires them, needs to contact pressofficer@brfcactiongroup.co.uk as soon as possible, as they are now extremely limited, they will also be available tomorrow in Blackburn Market, at the BRFC Action Group market stall.

We always elaborate with further details to our members, furthermore as a group representing supporters we have brought Shebby out from behind closed doors and delivered him publicly to a wider support base, so that they can ask their own questions directly to the man himself, as a supporters group this is what we must do.

Closed doors? I live 3,500 miles away and I've heard more from this guy in the last few weeks than I have my wife.

I sometimes wonder if yourself and Mr "I rang the police who gave me the name of a complainant" Mullan do your cause more harm than good by your postings on here. You have put yourselves in the public eye so you both need to be more circumspect in what you put in the public domain imo. The over-claims and needless schoolground spats with other groups diminish your cause.

And I still can't fathom why your group refuse to attend a single FF meeting

Closed doors? I live 3,500 miles away and I've heard more from this guy in the last few weeks than I have my wife.

I sometimes wonder if yourself and Mr "I rang the police who gave me the name of a complainant" Mullan do your cause more harm than good by your postings on here. You have put yourselves in the public eye so you both need to be more circumspect in what you put in the public domain imo. The over-claims and needless schoolground spats with other groups diminish your cause.

Clearly people believe what they want to believe. That's not how I see Glen' s group and I have access to the same information as you do.

And if they don't want to attend the FF what business is it of anyone else's?

Clearly people believe what they want to believe. That's not how I see Glen' s group and I have access to the same information as you do.

And if they don't want to attend the FF what business is it of anyone else's?

My goodness, people have different opinions? Alert the media!!

They have made what they do about the club everyone's business, or were you too busy approving tit for tat death threats to notice?

To be fair mark, Singh doesn't need much persuading to emerge from 'behind closed doors'.

He'd pitch up anywhere there's an audience.

Maybe he didn't need much persuading, however the fact remains, if the BRFC Action Group hadn't invited him to do something like this, then he would not be doing it. Talking behind closed doors is fine, we had no dialogue with the club last season, others did and doing it behind closed doors solves nothing, all supporters deserve the chance to hear first hand his plans and have their concerns answered directly, hence why this event is taking place.

It was not a spat with another group, i was simply responding to the question about our lack of information from the meeting we held with Shebby, the minutes were wrote by the club, very similar to the way they are wrote for the Fans Forum, they will know exactly how certain parts of meetings are left out, it was a comparison. We spoke with Shebby, told him its all well and good telling us, however go out there and help the wider support base understand.

Certain things said in these meetings must remain off public message boards for obvious reasons, however as anyone who has attended one will tell you, when we discuss with our members at our regular open floor meetings, we are as honest as can possibly be and we do not hide anything.

Regarding me not attending a Fans Forum meeting, why should I? what could i gain from attending a meeting with a group who failed to represent me when i, as a supporter needed, for example i was in agreement with the united supporters statement which all groups worldwide signed, except the fans forum for fear of upsetting the owners, that is not representing me. The statement released last season, which was so weak and embarrassing that the club endorsed it, the whole point of the statement? "be nice to the owners" again failing to represent me, so why should I? probably the same reason they do not attend our meetings? (apart from the last one, at which their reasons for attending where not Action Group related, but where to hear feedback from the London/Premier League meetings).

Sir Bill Taylor now holds monthly collaboration meetings for all groups to sit in a room and discuss the way forward, which are working well, this is me and Glen and our committee attending a meeting WITH the fans forum, not attending a Fans Forum meeting.

• Backroom

To be fair I know of at least 6 current ff members that have attended the open meetings

I'm neutral in it all these days and got bored of all the back biting as it just harmed everyone and made all sides look petty IMO so lets not go back to that

I don't like the action groups tendency to try and put down other groups at times though, if anyone feels any other group represents you be that brag, BRST, the ff or whomever just don't bring them into discussion, there is room around the theoretical table for all and I'm glad Sir Bill has done what he has to bring folk together

The action group have done a great job over the summer and clearly put a lot of effort in that is clear to see, we all just hve to hope something gives soon

Singh was brought in to the club to do exactly what he's doing on Saturday. Fair play to BRAG for actually getting something organised, but making out he'd be hiding away without your involvement is a bit daft.

I am not saying he would be hiding away, he would continue to talk to groups, produce the minutes, go on the radio and such.

What he would not be doing, had we not invited him, is standing in a room with up to 500 supporters taking questions directly from supporters.

My initial response was to the post about the lack of information in the clubs minutes, and the fact is we have brought him to a venue to provide the platform for 500 people to ask the same questions, how much more open can we be?

The football league took our dossier to study in more detail. Whilst sections can be discussed at a 2 hour meeting, there is no way they can go through the entire file in this time-scale, once we have more information we will relay it back to our members as always.

Thanks for the feedback...

Regarding me not attending a Fans Forum meeting, why should I? what could i gain from attending a meeting with a group who failed to represent me when i, as a supporter needed, for example i was in agreement with the united supporters statement which all groups worldwide signed, except the fans forum for fear of upsetting the owners, that is not representing me. The statement released last season, which was so weak and embarrassing that the club endorsed it, the whole point of the statement? "be nice to the owners" again failing to represent me, so why should I? probably the same reason they do not attend our meetings? (apart from the last one, at which their reasons for attending where not Action Group related, but where to hear feedback from the London/Premier League meetings).

Sir Bill Taylor now holds monthly collaboration meetings for all groups to sit in a room and discuss the way forward, which are working well, this is me and Glen and our committee attending a meeting WITH the fans forum, not attending a Fans Forum meeting.

I thought the days of petty point scoring were over...

I thought the days of petty point scoring were over...

It wasn't meant as point scoring, when someone says they cannot fathom out why i would not attend a fans forum meeting, despite me having made the reasons clear a number of times, i will always answer the question with an honest answer and that is what i did...........

Having dialogue with the Fans Forum, as we do now via the collaboration meetings is beneficial to all, especially the club and it is a great initiative.

Ok let me put it another way, you wouldn't miss an opportunity to have a dig at the FF given the chance. NOTHING the FF could do now would make you feel the FF represent you person as you and the BRFC Action Group have your own agenda and jump on every opportunity to put the FF down. Lets be frank, you (the BRFC Action Group) only talk to the FF as a result of the "Blackburn United" (or whatever working title it operates under these days), not because you particulary want to otherwise you would have taken the opportunity to when invited by the FF to a meeting with the club. It was made perfectly clear that the BRFC Action Group would not meet with the FF and had intention of doing so in the future. The FF has heard nothing to the contrary to suggest otherwise...

The minutes were wrote by the club and as FR knows too well because the fans forum minutes were less informative, a lot of information is missed out when the club writes the minutes, however as always we will elaborate on the details of the meeting to our members, when we hold our open floor meeting again (of which the details will be announced shortly.)

Back on to the meeting, those who requested tickets before 7pm on Monday, will now have their tickets. If you have not received them, then check your spam box. Those who were unable to print them and got in touch with us this morning, have had theirs sent out by post today and they should be with you tomorrow. Anyone who still requires them, needs to contact pressofficer@brfcactiongroup.co.uk as soon as possible, as they are now extremely limited, they will also be available tomorrow in Blackburn Market, at the BRFC Action Group market stall.

Mark, your meeting with Shebby was at least 2 weeks ago after which we were told to wait till the minutes are released.The minutes were released over a week ago, but contained nothing but a list of questions asked by BRAG to Shebby, now we are told we have to wait till another open meeting yet to be arranged to find out the answers to the questions.

Whilst I understand that the committee is doing this in their own time, and something's cannot be brought out into the open at least some information would be helpful. If you want to represent people you need to give them the information you have sought once you have it.

It's nothing personal, just a suggestion for how to improve matters for your group.

Ok let me put it another way, you wouldn't miss an opportunity to have a dig at the FF given the chance. NOTHING the FF could do now would make you feel the FF represent you person as you and the BRFC Action Group have your own agenda and jump on every opportunity to put the FF down. Lets be frank, you (the BRFC Action Group) only talk to the FF as a result of the "Blackburn United" (or whatever working title it operates under these days), not because you particulary want to otherwise you would have taken the opportunity to when invited by the FF to a meeting with the club. It was made perfectly clear that the BRFC Action Group would not meet with the FF and had intention of doing so in the future. The FF has heard nothing to the contrary to suggest otherwise...

Wouldn't say i would have a dig at them for the sake of it, like i said the collaboration meetings where the groups can discuss things are good for everyone and good for the club, we all know why we declined the offer to come to a fans forum meeting and we explained the reasoning at the time. My feelings on the fans forum have never changed, it is not a case of it will always be like that, the fans forum has done nothing to make me change my opinion on it, not the people, the fans forum as an entity.

Also let me ask, you say i don't feel it represents me? when you embarked on your 'trip' to Pune, you made it quite clear you was going as yourself and not to represent the supporters, so by your own admission at the time, it doesn't represent me.

Mark, your meeting with Shebby was at least 2 weeks ago after which we were told to wait till the minutes are released.The minutes were released over a week ago, but contained nothing but a list of questions asked by BRAG to Shebby, now we are told we have to wait till another open meeting yet to be arranged to find out the answers to the questions.

Whilst I understand that the committee is doing this in their own time, and something's cannot be brought out into the open at least some information would be helpful. If you want to represent people you need to give them the information you have sought once you have it.

It's nothing personal, just a suggestion for how to improve matters for your group.

As i said Baz, the minutes released by the club are always Vague, take a look at a copy of the fans forums minutes, they don't even list the questions asked, just a line explaining questions were asked. They are always vague when issued by the club, if we start going into meetings, coming out and issuing our own minutes then dialogue comes to halt. So we tread carefully, rather than just issuing these minutes and asking supporters to accept them, we told Shebby that he needs to come out publicly in an open supporters meeting and answer these questions openly, and this is going to happen. We will then hold an open meeting where we will be honest with the conversations we have held with him, the Football League, Paul Agnew next week, and anyone else we come into contact with, as we always do. If we came out of every meeting and posted the full details on here, then nobody would talk to us?

I can understand that it can be frustrating for people, however we do try to be as honest with supporters as we possibly can, all supporters, however a public message board, is not always the best place to be honest. I speak openly, and i know Glen does to all supporters who we come into contact with and we hold regular meetings where we do not hold back in speaking in depth about our progress.

Back on subject, there is just a few tickets to the meeting on Saturday left and I expect them to be gone tomorrow from our stall in Blackburn.

I can confirm Gary Hickson of BBC Radio Lancashire will be taking the Q/A seesion, There will also be many of the community figure heads at the meeting too, if there is anyone who got confirmation through that they had secured tickets for Saturday and have not yet recieved them please email pressofficer@brfcactiongroup.co.uk

Archived