BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

Some very disturbing news. A friend of mine has been receiving anonymous texts over the last couple of weeks, culminating in the last one being a threat on his life should he attend Saturdays meeting. I cant go into much more detail as it is now a Police matter.

As much as I disagree with a lot of his opinions, he is entitled to them just as I am to mine, but to be receiving threats like this is just incredible.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some very disturbing news. A friend of mine has been receiving anonymous texts over the last couple of weeks, culminating in the last one being a threat on his life should he attend Saturdays meeting. I cant go into much more detail as it is now a Police matter.

As much as I disagree with a lot of his opinions, he is entitled to them just as I am to mine, but to be receiving threats like this is just incredible.

Now isnt it strange, Kean needs a bodygaurd and the police have never probed any of Keans alleged threats to him, yet on the other hand, someone against Kean receives threats and contacts the Police,, now in my opinion, it seems the club are trying to dismantle any groups by fair means or foul, we are a democracy, we should be allowed to protest both in and outside of Ewood, providing ita within the laws of England!!

I hope the Police can link the culprit to the clowns who own us or Kean, threats such as these are totally unacceptable!

• Moderation Lead

My interpretation may be incorrect, but I read it as the threat was issued by somebody who was AGAINST the regime.

That narrows it down then......

Just for clarity, the person threatened has made his anti BRAG feelings well known on another message board and did receive a temporary ban for some remarks that were made. The first text he received made comments directly relating to his posts on the other MB.

Now isnt it strange, Kean needs a bodygaurd and the police have never probed any of Keans alleged threats to him, yet on the other hand, someone against Kean receives threats and contacts the Police,, now in my opinion, it seems the club are trying to dismantle any groups by fair means or foul, we are a democracy, we should be allowed to protest both in and outside of Ewood, providing ita within the laws of England!!

I hope the Police can link the culprit to the clowns who own us or Kean, threats such as these are totally unacceptable!

I can't imagine who would benefit from anyone (regardless of their stand point) not attending, with the possible exception of a few who may benefit if Shebby doesn't turn up (and I assume Roost's mate ISN'T Shebby ;) ).

Sadly though there have been quite a few attempts to intimidate people (with very differing view points and spheres of influence, so it's not a tactic used by just one person/group), over the last couple of years. Some have been passed onto the police, some just laughed off. Some through legitimate means (i.e. solicitors), some through anonymous threats. Very little of this will ever be made public, but it's all a million miles from the lovely friendly family of a club we followed in Jack's day.

So, the guy is pro kean and venkys or at least a little bit positive about the future and against protestors ?

He is against Kean as Manager, but is positive about the future with Venkys and very much against the Action Group.

He is against Kean as Manager, but is positive about the future with Venkys and very much against the Action Group.

He's an oddball then isn't he? Has anyone told him that Venkys could sack Kean if they wanted to?

• Backroom

Let's not go down the line of speculating either way here, Roost knows the situation but others don't and it wouldn't be fair to guess what's going on

Hope it gets sorted by the police though

He's an oddball then isn't he? Has anyone told him that Venkys could sack Kean if they wanted to?

As I said earlier, his views are at odds with mine, but its his opinion. If that makes him an oddball in your eyes, so be it.

I dont think it warrants the kind of threat that he has received and I hope that the culprits are dealt with in the correct manner.

As I said earlier, his views are at odds with mine, but its his opinion. If that makes him an oddball in your eyes, so be it.

I dont think it warrants the kind of threat that he has received and I hope that the culprits are dealt with in the correct manner.

I don't think his views warrant any sort of threat. But if he's anti-Kean but very positive about the future with Venkys then he truly is rather odd.

Just for clarity, the person threatened has made his anti BRAG feelings well known on another message board and did receive a temporary ban for some remarks that were made. The first text he received made comments directly relating to his posts on the other MB.

They were a tad more than remarks, some got very extreme

He began by making some very very false accusations about my past and went on a week long crusade to attack my character as well as making threats against me. He was using my full name whilst hiding behind an alias.

Once my attention had been brought to this and i went on to reply, i received a warning from him, that my "time was up" and a reminder that he knows exactly where i live! this resulted in his temporary ban as this was very extreme, in fact so extreme the police had to be brought in.

On the day of the Accrington game he accused me, again by name of abusing Colin Hendry in a vicious manner at half-time, when i was not even present at the game.

He also created a topic especially for us on the day we went to the meeting with the Football League on the 25th July, telling the world what is wrong with us people.

I don't think his views warrant any sort of threat.

I completely agree with this, despite him behaving in similar fashion himself, 2 wrongs do not make a right.

having personally myself, received a phone call the morning we came back from the Football League meeting, warning me that the day Rovers faced any punishment for any wrong doing due to our meetings, this day would be my last.

It is not nice and any type of threat should have no place between fellow football supporters, regardless of opinions.

I am glad that this is in the hands of the Police now, hopefully they will put a stop to it all and if anyone is found culpable the will suffer the consequences.

You never know, at some point in the future we may be able to get on with supporting our team as one, rather than all this crap.

Seems strange he has been getting text , it's usually him issuing threats , attacking people , going round to peoples houses threatening to knee cap people , and saying he will be going around to committee members houses and killing their kids ..... One of the committee members even had to change their number and the police have visited him many times .

Can't see how anyone would of issued threats back the other way , especially to his number as don't think anyone knows it , and tbh it's immature and people have better things to do , but if this is the case I can assure him it's certainly not cone from the action group . I personally am quite pleased with the restraining order he has to stay away from me , and will always use the police in matters like this , so glad he has done the same

Seems strange he has been getting text , it's usually him issuing threats , attacking people , going round to peoples houses threatening to knee cap people , and saying he will be going around to committee members houses and killing their kids ..... One of the committee members even had to change their number and the police have visited him many times .

Can't see how anyone would of issued threats back the other way , especially to his number as don't think anyone knows it , and tbh it's immature and people have better things to do , but if this is the case I can assure him it's certainly not cone from the action group . I personally am quite pleased with the restraining order he has to stay away from me , and will always use the police in matters like this , so glad he has done the same

Just one question Glen, and the same question goes to Mark1875:

How on earth do you know who I am referring to?

they probably read the majority of post like a lot of us do,

ps, no one is going to stop me going on Saturday

Because I did the simple thing and called the police to ask if these claims were true ,

Whilst the events you described for his temp ban , was something we had the police deal with at the time

Roost, you said he got banned for comments on another site. I'm guessing if Mark and Glen are members of the other site it really wouldnt take too much working out. Especially if the guys comments were about Mark, he'd definitely be aware of him.

Simple, the minute you brought up his temporary ban on the other website, it was apparent. The things he said to me became a police issue and therefore his identity was revealed.

Like i said before 2 wrongs do not make a right and it needs to stop, i hope the police get to the bottom of it and i am sure they will do, however i would suggest he learns to interact with people better as he certainly made no friends in his short spell on that particular website.

As for him being warned about turning up on Saturday? He would not have been allowed entry to the venue anyway.

It is not the first time that threats have been received to people who have a different view. It won't be the last either.

Because I did the simple thing and called the police to ask if these claims were true ,

Whilst the events you described for his temp ban , was something we had the police deal with at the time

why would the police tell you?

• Backroom

Roost, you said he got banned for comments on another site. I'm guessing if Mark and Glen are members of the other site it really wouldnt take too much working out. Especially if the guys comments were about Mark, he'd definitely be aware of him.

I presumed that as well, doubt the police would disclose the guys identity.

Hope it all gets sorted it sounds totally unacceptable from both ends really

Archived