BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

Even if the chances of Singh being mostly talk are 99% then why not try anyway? You have nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain. Apart from maybe wasting your time but that's only for the ones who do anything to decide.....and the alternative is what? doing nothing.

So theres only 2 options then.?

gav metioned "refocusing their efforts", i quoted him and agreed with his sentiment. What this other avenue might be, i have no answer to.

the individuals attending this meet, will get the satisfaction of venting their frustration and imo nothing more.

I appreciate what the protestors are doing, but we have to be realistic and if something seems pointless for some, they will say so and state why.

I and many others have heard alot about this dossier, how big it is and how damaging it is for the V´s, why not just make it public and let us mortals decide for ourselves.?

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I find your way of making your point obnoxious, I actually don't disagree. I feel that every single initiative that has been tried so far, polite meetings, protests, trying to engage the owners, trying to engage and enlightened the media, boycotts and shouting matches have been entirely unsuccessful as we're not dealing with normal people in a normal situation.

I'm left grasping at two small straws of hope, firstly that Shebby isn't just all talk and he comes in a clears house like the undertaker in a royal rumble and that the action group dossier does contain the compelling evidence needed to see certain undesirable influence kept away from the club forever. They are vain hopes, but they are all we have at the moment.

I don't know WHAT the solution is, but that doesn't mean we should stop looking for it. It's easy to say 'I knew that would never work' after the fact, but when you have something so illogical as our current situation, frankly it's impossible to tell, so almost anything is worth a try. One thing is guaranteed though, you won't fix of of the problems simply by bitching about the failed attempts of those who are trying.

+1

I have to say that BRFC Action Group’s meeting with the Premier League and FA were one of the more sensible things they have done because that’s where the pressure needs to be, not just for BRFC, but for all football clubs.

I don’t see the point in taking credit for bringing Shebby to the people when he has clearly been eager to meet and talk with anyone and has already taken questions from fans on the BBC Radio Lancashire interview and at least those questions and answers were recorded and released to the public.

I do wonder what secret information has been disclosed in these public meetings that Paul talks about. If the information being disclosed is anything like the information spread about via email and PM last year then I’m not surprised it’s being kept under wraps. I’m still waiting to see evidence of ANY of the claims made in those messages, especially the most extreme ones because all evidence available so far points against it.

As the action group have given a dossier to the prem etc. i do not see why, after all this time, they cannot share what they gave to the prem.

All they have to say is this is the information we gave. They do not have to stand by the claims / allegations they gave to the prem etc. But cover themselves by saying such words as, THIS INFORMATION / CLAIM / ALLEGATION was given to us. We are NOT SAYING ThIS IS CORRECT.

Have we not been told that the media have done there own investigations - but found nothing. But if the information was put up on here, then maybe somebody on here, who actually has the evidence that is being sought.

Not a duty no but the action group have long championed full transparency and clarity which for me would be getting anything known out into the open although that itself causes issues which is why I always found that line of thought slightly odd.

Agreed. I also do not understand why they insist on people having to become a member of the action group to see minutes on various meetings with folk such as shebby singh etc. Why not do as the FF do and let everybody see the minutes. the FF do not say 'you must join the FF before you see any minutes'. The FF are transparent with regards to their meeting etc, but the action group keep it amongst themselves. Why?

Agreed. I also do not understand why they insist on people having to become a member of the action group to see minutes on various meetings with folk such as shebby singh etc.

You don't have to join PAFELL but you do have to register with their we site, just the same as here if you want to post.

Where it differs is here you can read certain sections without registering.

You don't have to join PAFELL but you do have to register with their we site, just the same as here if you want to post.

Where it differs is here you can read certain sections without registering.

Exactly what I did. Not that you learn much but at least they are trying.

It's always interesting to see how whatever Group develops - it seems that Animal Farm set the tone, usually. HuMan nature.

First and foremost fair play to Shebby for meeting the fans and thanks to the guys for organising the event tomorrow. Something that “our” Director of Communications / Operations Director / General Manager / Press Fella, has consistently failed to do. In fact he has done everything possible it would appear to drive a wedge between the fans and the club. Anyway, I digress.

I can’t make it tomorrow for a variety of reasons. Mainly my affliction to “hot air”. So with that in mind if someone would be kind enough to ask the following I’d be grateful.

I appreciate that Shebby may not be able to answer some of these questions but as Venky’s Global Cultural Attaché maybe he could at least hint to the people of Blackburn, Lancashire, where our football club plays its football lest we forget, on the following:

1. Debt.

i. Why did Venky’s move the banking to India? Increased Credit lines?

ii. What happens should we not win promotion? From where I’m sitting it looks a huge financial hole to fill anyway. Should we presume that Venky’s will pick up the bill should we miss out? Likely with Kean in charge – let’s be honest here after all.

2. Kean.

Why?

As you yourself have admitted he shouldn’t be in charge, you did change your mind once given this job but there is no hiding from the fact that his results record is utterly abysmal. This is a man who can’t spot a Bi-Plane carrying a large banner stating “KEAN OUT” at 200 ft, and yet Venky’s, and you (sorry but you are guilty by association), expect him to spot a good player and get us promoted?

Aren’t Venky’s embarrassed regarding:

i. His results record?

ii. Relegation?

iii. His inability to keep the squad fit, healthy, together and motivated?

iv. Lack of season ticket sales as he is still manager (it’s so obvious – Venky’s read the websites we’re told, they do know)?

v. That video, that DD ban?

vi. Kean’s constant lies? (Has Hoillett signed a new contract yet by the way?)

vii. Their apparent colour blindness regarding having three different strips? All blue and white?

viii. Their image in Blackburn and the entire UK?

ix. Their inability to attract a paying sponsor? Are they that rich that money doesn’t actually matter at all?

x. Does he have 5 or 6 games Shebby? If so can you clarify at which end of the season those 5/6 game will be?

3. Why the financial investment now when “our” club surely spent a small fortune in paying up experienced Premier League players such as the likes of Emerton and Nelsen? Why now? Why the change of policy? To the uneducated man, the non football follower, it could be suggested that losing 8 out of the 9 league games and playing as Rovers did against Spurs, Wigan and Swansea was nothing short of negligent. And that’s without swearing.

4. Any thoughts Shebby on the 400 page document that currently resides with the FA, Premier League and Football League regarding the last 21 disastrous months of Blackburn Rovers’ 137 year history? What could that be all about?

5. Why no tour of Pune following last year’s massive success? That despite our relegation and inability to play anything remotely like decent football of course.

6. Any thoughts on Agents fees Shebby? A massive hindrance and a blight on our game or a necessary evil that makes the whole thing work?

7. Finally, a trick one, how many midfielders do we have at the club?

Thanks in advance.

Do I REALLY need to bring this sodding ticket tomorrow? Can I not just show it you on my phone? Having a mare printing it off, you know me, I know you... cant I be passed through?!

Blockbuster set of questions above, how can anyone top that. Someone send them a curveball from me

What is the time-scale for appointing the next manager something that you admitted was necessary along with the majority of national newspapers at the end of last season? Who is in the frame for the job, your hero Harry is still available. As you say in your article "Kean must go" there is no use wallowing in self pity the club needs to move on quickly Shebby.

Do I REALLY need to bring this sodding ticket tomorrow? Can I not just show it you on my phone? Having a mare printing it off, you know me, I know you... cant I be passed through?!

I think you can just show the ticket from your phone. Don't blame me if they knock you back though.

First and foremost fair play to Shebby for meeting the fans and thanks to the guys for organising the event tomorrow. Something that “our” Director of Communications / Operations Director / General Manager / Press Fella, has consistently failed to do. In fact he has done everything possible it would appear to drive a wedge between the fans and the club. Anyway, I digress.

I can’t make it tomorrow for a variety of reasons. Mainly my affliction to “hot air”. So with that in mind if someone would be kind enough to ask the following I’d be grateful.

I appreciate that Shebby may not be able to answer some of these questions but as Venky’s Global Cultural Attaché maybe he could at least hint to the people of Blackburn, Lancashire, where our football club plays its football lest we forget, on the following:

1. Debt.

i. Why did Venky’s move the banking to India? Increased Credit lines?

ii. What happens should we not win promotion? From where I’m sitting it looks a huge financial hole to fill anyway. Should we presume that Venky’s will pick up the bill should we miss out? Likely with Kean in charge – let’s be honest here after all.

2. Kean.

Why?

As you yourself have admitted he shouldn’t be in charge, you did change your mind once given this job but there is no hiding from the fact that his results record is utterly abysmal. This is a man who can’t spot a Bi-Plane carrying a large banner stating “KEAN OUT” at 200 ft, and yet Venky’s, and you (sorry but you are guilty by association), expect him to spot a good player and get us promoted?

Aren’t Venky’s embarrassed regarding:

i. His results record?

ii. Relegation?

iii. His inability to keep the squad fit, healthy, together and motivated?

iv. Lack of season ticket sales as he is still manager (it’s so obvious – Venky’s read the websites we’re told, they do know)?

v. That video, that DD ban?

vi. Kean’s constant lies? (Has Hoillett signed a new contract yet by the way?)

vii. Their apparent colour blindness regarding having three different strips? All blue and white?

viii. Their image in Blackburn and the entire UK?

ix. Their inability to attract a paying sponsor? Are they that rich that money doesn’t actually matter at all?

x. Does he have 5 or 6 games Shebby? If so can you clarify at which end of the season those 5/6 game will be?

3. Why the financial investment now when “our” club surely spent a small fortune in paying up experienced Premier League players such as the likes of Emerton and Nelsen? Why now? Why the change of policy? To the uneducated man, the non football follower, it could be suggested that losing 8 out of the 9 league games and playing as Rovers did against Spurs, Wigan and Swansea was nothing short of negligent. And that’s without swearing.

4. Any thoughts Shebby on the 400 page document that currently resides with the FA, Premier League and Football League regarding the last 21 disastrous months of Blackburn Rovers’ 137 year history? What could that be all about?

5. Why no tour of Pune following last year’s massive success? That despite our relegation and inability to play anything remotely like decent football of course.

6. Any thoughts on Agents fees Shebby? A massive hindrance and a blight on our game or a necessary evil that makes the whole thing work?

7. Finally, a trick one, how many midfielders do we have at the club?

Thanks in advance.

I was worried nobody would do this! Nice work bob!

Did you wake up this morning hoping that I had responded to your trolling antics? Sorry to disappoint, but I have a life to live.

Grow up.

Oh but you've plenty of time in your little life to come on here with insults and outrageous drivel about your pal the victim,

But no time for answering the question I put to you! I think you might be the troll!

No-one knows what Shebby's brief from Pune is, and I doubt he's going to tell anyone, but I do see a ray of hope in the attributes for which he has been rejected by many.

Firstly, he's a football pundit in Malaysia, so he's not beholding to Anderson for his career. I can;t see how or why he could be Anderson's puppet here

Secondly, he's such a motormouth there is no way he is going to toe any party line attempted by Agnew.

Comapre this to last season where Kean was it with his wingman Agnew and puppetmaster Anderson (allegedly)

Definitely an improvement imo

Prob to late now but,

1. Does he have any other work commitments outside of rovers(pundit work in malasia,etc...)?

2. Why has he never been directly involved with the running of any other footbal club in the past(ie... Managing, coaching, chairman, etc...)?, (to my knowledge anyway).

3. How long does he ideally intend to work in England with/for BRFC?

4. Does he have any other ambitions in football(ie.. to be a UK pundit, Work for a bigger club, etc..,).

hope its not just a constant stream of why is kean still here/how many games does Kean have/etc... questions.(they only need asking once and you wont get a legit answer).

No-one knows what Shebby's brief from Pune is, and I doubt he's going to tell anyone, but I do see a ray of hope in the attributes for which he has been rejected by many.

Firstly, he's a football pundit in Malaysia, so he's not beholding to Anderson for his career. I can;t see how or why he could be Anderson's puppet here

Secondly, he's such a motormouth there is no way he is going to toe any party line attempted by Agnew.

Comapre this to last season where Kean was it with his wingman Agnew and puppetmaster Anderson (allegedly)

Definitely an improvement imo

Let's hope you're right. I agree he won't be Anderson's puppet but he could be Venky's. We just have to wait and see.

Well, so far he's

Repeated the line have gave the FF that 3 lose = sack for Kean. Said Myles is off to Aldershot. Said Ped's legs have gone and we'll win nowt with pensioners (Murphy, Gomes?), said last season was indefensible and we'll get promotion this season but it might not be playing nice football.

Seems the biggest shocker so far is the bloke who claimed the government sent Venky's a list of questions they've ignored.

• Backroom

Shebby sounds like he needs to remember he's not just a tv pundit with no come back on his comments any more.

It's embarassing that someone in a position of power is commenting on our players like that and distinctly lacking in class

Well, so far he's

Repeated the line have gave the FF that 3 lose = sack for Kean. Said Myles is off to Aldershot. Said Ped's legs have gone and we'll win nowt with pensioners (Murphy, Gomes?), said last season was indefensible and we'll get promotion this season but it might not be playing nice football.

Seems the biggest shocker so far is the bloke who claimed the government sent Venky's a list of questions they've ignored.

What happens if we win the 1st game then lose the next ten, is Kean safe?

Archived