BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

Can someone ask Shebby to clarify the link between Steve Kean and the owners prior to the takeover.

Kean has denied it, Anderson has denied it, but Andy Cole reported that it was common knowledge in football circles that Venkys would takeover, sack Sam and appoint Kean.

Why have they lied about it and does the pre-takeover link have anything to do with him still having the job?

Thanks

There was no link. The family had never heard of him. If it was common knowledge then it was likely a certain agent shouting his mouth off about how close he was with the future owners and what he would advise them to do after the purchase.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was no link. The family had never heard of him. If it was common knowledge then it was likely a certain agent shouting his mouth off about how close he was with the future owners and what he would advise them to do after the purchase.

Well he did it didn't he? (whoever he might be). Says plenty about the utter gullibility of our owners if true.

Have they always been such mugs?

This mans just as big of a fraud as the rest of them, I applaud the effort, but simply he's a puppet and flawed one at that.

Some of his answers on radio Lancashire were embarrassing, he was even worse than PNE Agnew and that’s saying something.

I had heard rumours the Kean flew out to India long before any takeover was finalised? Was told he was shouting his mouth off about it at Yu&You about flying off to meet people who want to buy Rovers.

Its so predicatable what happened anyway, like you say, a certain agent pulled all of the strings. Devious illegitimate

I hope the 500 who turn up to hear Shebbys Sermon crucify the fake.

So do I, then hopefully he will say enough is enough and sod off back to wherever he came from ,at least then we won`t hear anything from anyone again except Stevie boy...Yayyy I`m really looking forward to our beloved manager fully running the club and getting back to the lovely atmosphere we had at the end of last season.

Why what's Singh said or done to sway you rhodie?

Speaking for myself, he hasn't swayed me or changed my opinion on the state of the club one iota. What he has done, however, is get me to pay attention to him. If he can sack Kean and Agnew, and does so quickly, and replaces him with a decent manager, I might be willing to cut the owners some slack.

To be clear, the hypothetical starts with "IF" as I don't think it will happen and I doubt he'd be allowed to. Too much stinks at Rovers for anything sensible to occur, in my opinion. However, I've been wrong before and I'm willing to entertain the possibility Singh will do the sensible thing so I'd recommend remaining civil at least. But civility doesn't prevent the asking of hard questions and following them up when you get nothing but smooth drivel (which is likely).

Will the Q&A be recorded?

Why what's Singh said or done to sway you rhodie?

All talk, just like next Saturday will be. I'll believe this 'power struggle' guff when one of them leaves.

Matty it isn`t at all a case of being swayed ,I honestly think the club seems to be getting run better and the fans are being kept in the loop.I am not saying Everything is hunky dory but it is better and has been so since Shebby arrived I am sure even the most cynical followers will agree.The guy has stated his position and until the season starts I don`t see how we can all totally slate him .Once the season starts and if things go tits up then fair enough I will be voicing my disapproval with everyone else.He is an employee and he has been told what the owners want to achieve ,his personal feelings have had to be left at the door.the guys has publicly said he does not think Kean is suitable as manager but that was prior to his appointment now as much as people are calling him fickle If any of them were in there workplace and the owners said they were to do things in a certain way I am pretty sure they would do as told.

I have heard people make claims that the guy is a joke etc. and I am sorry But I would like to reserve my Judgement for when the season starts and we get down to the nitty gritty. So far all I can see is the team is improving ,we are getting told what is going on and we don`t have to listen to the numpty anymore,these to me are all positives.

So many times in the last 18 months (especially on the forums)because of the lack of communication we have had people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 17 that IMO is just as bad as the owners and manager bringing the club into disrepute,its a problem we as fans need to address and I don`t see how just blindly hating is going to make things better. Road rage is a perfect example and very similar to the way some on here think, rational people sticking their heads out of windows and ranting and swearing or getting out of the car to beat ten colours out of someone else because they weren`t quick enough to pull away at the traffic lights.

The team is improving? Looks like the worst BRFC squad Ive seen for 20+ years.

Fans getting the wrong end of the stick on an internet message board is as bad as the owners conduct? You serious?

A lot of what you are saying is true, but to say that things are just as bad as before is speaking with anger rather than logic. The problem for me is it's coming too late.

If Kean had his way Shebby wouldn't be anywhere near the club. The fact that as a pundit he called for his head must be eating Kean up. That makes me happy for starters. There is a power struggle whether you believe it or not. Kean does not want Shebby Singh at the club, infact I'd love a journo to ask Kean what he thinks about Shebby in his next presser. It'd make him very uncomfortable. I'm sure Agnew loves being publicly undermined too.

I still stand by them not wanting to pay compensation to Kean when in their eyes he could do a decent job at a lower level. And I still believe that Shebby Singh is waiting for him to slip up so he can tell his bosses, told you so, he's crap at any level.

The team is improving? Looks like the worst BRFC squad Ive seen for 20+ years.

Fans getting the wrong end of the stick on an internet message board is as bad as the owners conduct? You serious?

So you are saying our squad isn`t looking stronger than how we ended last season after losing Yakuba ,Hoillet,Nzonzi ,Samba,Nelsen,Salgado, amongst others that still may go.

You also don`t think that fans from all of the other clubs in the country don`t look at our club and say to themselves WTF ,irrespective of what the owners or manager have done.It is blatantly obvious we can`t change their thinking or ways but we certainly can change ours. A lot of those opinions made about the club are garnered from forums and a lot of views casually read on a thread are taken as gospel. I am not one that stands in the middle of my street screaming at the missus because my dinner is cold or she spent to much on clothes ,I`m sure I don`t have to explain why ,well that is how the club must have come across to others last season.But going back to that scenario about me and the missus,if I did do that, do you not think the neighbors would think less of me. The one other thing to say is, a lot of the overall attitude on the forums etc has become a lot more positive in the last couple of weeks so something must be improving.

Speaking for myself, he hasn't swayed me or changed my opinion on the state of the club one iota. What he has done, however, is get me to pay attention to him. If he can sack Kean and Agnew, and does so quickly, and replaces him with a decent manager, I might be willing to cut the owners some slack.

To be clear, the hypothetical starts with "IF" as I don't think it will happen and I doubt he'd be allowed to. Too much stinks at Rovers for anything sensible to occur, in my opinion. However, I've been wrong before and I'm willing to entertain the possibility Singh will do the sensible thing so I'd recommend remaining civil at least. But civility doesn't prevent the asking of hard questions and following them up when you get nothing but smooth drivel (which is likely).

Will the Q&A be recorded?

My feelings exactly Steve. However until the worst actually happens we can but live in hope.

Be careful chaps, massive propaganda game going on - it is all still about Steve Kean. Lot of folk been distracted with the "charm” of Singh.

That's an interesting comment. A view which hadn't occurred to me before.

Be careful chaps, massive propaganda game going on - it is all still about Steve Kean. Lot of folk been distracted with the "charm” of Singh.

Exactly john... it is just the latest example of the delaying tactics to buy more time. Nothing has changed and nothing will. Isnt it as obvious to everyone else.

Wish you the best of luck with this. I suspect it'll be the same questions and answers we've already had via the various interviews and group meetings he's done, but I still applaud both the action group for organising it and Shebby for doing it. I know when we went to Pune we had a lot of people saying we were doing in the wrong way and we should have the Rao's answering questions on the town hall steps, well, this is as close as you'll get for now.

Sadly. I won't be there (I'll be at the away game in cork) but I encourage those that aren't to study the questions and answers the FF, action group, LT, Radio Lancs have all got and avoid them like the plague. These are easy question, Shebby will have answers prepared, so think outside the box, ask about subjects he'll find harder to talk about, things he can either tell you what he truest feels or has to go record with an obvious lie. Research your questions, make sure you have ALL the facts so he can't say 'that's not how it is'. For example at the FF meeting he trotted out a number about the level of debt that contradicted previously given numbers, none of us had those numbers to argue.

... And please don't waste valuable time on questions he's already answered (can you sack Kean, why haven't you sacked Kean, who is in charge you or Agnew, do you know the st sales will sky rocket once Kean has come back etc). Instead I'd try and focus on things we can hold him to (after already once bringing the club into disrepute, would a second court appreance in court see him removed; what's your personal measure of acceptable performance for Kean and what's the plan of action if he fails to meet it; how do you intend to address the alienation of the fans; what has nobody ever apologised for relegation or even acknowledge that key personnel failed in their jobs)

John has it spot on. Shebby is nothing more than a diversion.

Think about it, what are his qualifications?

If you owned the Rovers, would you employ him?

Sorry Shebby, you're a no-mark, with as much nouse as I have about running a football club.

Get out, get back to Malaysian tv before you make a complete tit of yourself.

Wish you the best of luck with this. I suspect it'll be the same questions and answers we've already had via the various interviews and group meetings he's done, but I still applaud both the action group for organising it and Shebby for doing it. I know when we went to Pune we had a lot of people saying we were doing in the wrong way and we should have the Rao's answering questions on the town hall steps, well, this is as close as you'll get for now.

Sadly. I won't be there (I'll be at the away game in cork) but I encourage those that aren't to study the questions and answers the FF, action group, LT, Radio Lancs have all got and avoid them like the plague. These are easy question, Shebby will have answers prepared, so think outside the box, ask about subjects he'll find harder to talk about, things he can either tell you what he truest feels or has to go record with an obvious lie. Research your questions, make sure you have ALL the facts so he can't say 'that's not how it is'. For example at the FF meeting he trotted out a number about the level of debt that contradicted previously given numbers, none of us had those numbers to argue.

... And please don't waste valuable time on questions he's already answered (can you sack Kean, why haven't you sacked Kean, who is in charge you or Agnew, do you know the st sales will sky rocket once Kean has come back etc). Instead I'd try and focus on things we can hold him to (after already once bringing the club into disrepute, would a second court appreance in court see him removed; what's your personal measure of acceptable performance for Kean and what's the plan of action if he fails to meet it; how do you intend to address the alienation of the fans; what has nobody ever apologised for relegation or even acknowledge that key personnel failed in their jobs)

Completely agree with this.

Whatever we THINK about Singh or his motives or remit, it's important to put him on the spot about things that can be referred back to later. E.g. If we are not in the top 5 after 5 games, will Kean be replaced? If not what critetia does Singh have in mind to measure Kean's success or failure by, and what will happen if he fails to meet these expectations?

Whether we like it or not Kean has been given a "clean slate" - whether it's true or not - and even if Singh actually reports to Kean, that's the reality they are selling.

Whatever has gone on pre-Singh (unless it's not yet in the public domain and can be proven) is probably not worth bringing up. We won't get anything from it.

If Singh really is Rovers' PR guru with a flash title we can probably already guess what he will say. I hope the LT are covering the event so it can be impartially documented and publish to the wider fan base.

Totally agree with Glenn's post, its very much think outside the box time, a couple of hours will pass quickly, therefore the line of questioning has to be questions previously unanswered or indeed if possible un-asked in the public domain.

LET will be there covering it as will other media outlets, We have a committee meeting on Tuesday were we will discuss other forms of having this reported, a few offers have been put on the table to get the events out to those who cannot make the meeting.

The tickets have gone very fast with only a few left, it will certainly be an interesting day and hopefully one which gives us more optimism rather than more questions

Archived