BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beamo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, confirmed on the official site.

Probably sick and tired of swimming against the tide. After all, he's trying to sell commercial space at a football club that nobody wants to be associated with.

An impossible job. Don't blame him for walking away.

The last remaining member of the pre-Venky's management now gone.

Does this mean we will get someone qualified to do the role now?

Exactly. By the end of today on here he'll be credited with having invented corporate hospitality.

Never met him other than a fleeting acquaintance when I flung myself on him during the Port Vale away promotion winning pitch invasion, but my brother had doings with him and was somewhat underwhelmed.

Was made aware he was stood down nearly three weeks ago, and there is quite some story to this too (Cant elaborate, so please dont ask)

Always found Ken OK apart from the ticket fiasco regarding the away travel ,when they tried stitching us with Tier 4 tickets in reaction to our coach prices.

His retirement has perhaps come at a good time for him, but he can only be applauded for many years service to the club

Great season for us 1974-75 and top scorer the season after. Achieved cult status due to the effort he put in and the the large number of shots that flew over the bar. always found him a decent bloke to deal with. Enjoy your retirement Beamo.

Was made aware he was stood down nearly three weeks ago, and there is quite some story to this too (Cant elaborate, so please dont ask)

Always found Ken OK apart from the ticket fiasco regarding the away travel ,when they tried stitching us with Tier 4 tickets in reaction to our coach prices.

His retirement has perhaps come at a good time for him, but he can only be applauded for many years service to the club

Well I will, Brother in law worked corporate match day, high up in the scheme of things, told me Ken hated with a passion Coco and Agnew and was about to walk the same time as Newsham who also disliked the said couple, so it's not rocket science to see that Agnew finally pushed Ken to the brink. I hope he still goes to the matches though. BTW there are a lot of ex players who still go feel the same way.

Just making the point he didn't wake up this morning and go, oh I will retire with immediate effect .

the glen mullan ego train runs on

Well I will, Brother in law worked corporate match day, high up in the scheme of things, told me Ken hated with a passion Coco and Agnew and was about to walk the same time as Newsham who also disliked the said couple, so it's not rocket science to see that Agnew finally pushed Ken to the brink. I hope he still goes to the matches though. BTW there are a lot of ex players who still go feel the same way.

So not much of a drama story/

Just making the point he didn't wake up this morning and go, oh I will retire with immediate effect .

He did not need to. He knew when the date of his retirement was coming. Though if there had been better management in place, he may have stayed on.

And then what?

I think people on this MB are intelligent enough to work that one out.

Sometimes, it is wise just to pass no comment on such matters.

Until one of these ex-employees/ex-players/retired players speaks out then as far as im concerned there not much better than those running the show, by accepting golden handshakes and signing non-disclosure contracts there just selling themselves, the club and us fans out all for the sake of a few grand(and its not even like any of them need the money!!!).

Until one of these ex-employees/ex-players/retired players speaks out then as far as im concerned there not much better than those running the show, by accepting golden handshakes and signing non-disclosure contracts there just selling themselves, the club and us fans out all for the sake of a few grand(and its not even like any of them need the money!!!).

Agree with the sentiment, but wouldn't quite go as far as the nearly as bad as. Beamo has been at Rovers 40+ years so he's been there through the best and worst of times.

My final memory of Beamish was seeing him arrogantly shaking his head at protestors who were stood in the cold and rain from the comfort of the warm JW stand....

Que sera sera..you did well out of Rovers fella! :glare:

Yes I saw Beamo shaking his permatan bonce at us too. Golf club blazer type who seems out of place in today's games, but his place of naff old style figure is now filled by Agnew. Still love chanting Beamo though.

Archived