BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby: put up or shut up time!

ABBEY

Shebby is a big fan of Redknapp but I reckon Balaji would want Holloway. Tactically Holloway would be a good move promotion wise.

But let's face it he hasn't gone yet and I would have expected news of his sacking today. Can anyone remember how long it took for them to sack Allardyce after his final game?

day after the Bolton Game.

only time will tell!

Cant see Redknapp coming to rovers but who knows!!!

think Karl Robinson is good shout for next rovers manager. has experience and plays good football.

cant see Curbishley or McCarthy coming to us either.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We didn't have 3 games in week.

So, how do you explain them not warming up??

I can only see us employing an out of work manager, I don't imagine them paying compensation on top of a wage.

Ok then please explain why on Tuesday we brought on Jason Lowe with seconds left to see out time and Nunes 10 minutes before that

They weren't warming up because Kean is clueless

There possibly is a budget but I don't think it's dictated anything on the pitch this season

So how do you explain him and others coming on v Leeds and Bristol or us making subs late on in other games?

Booth the news of Sams sacking came at fiveish the day after the game I imagine we would have heard by now if he was going though

We need to hear an indication from Kammy, Andy Cryer, Glen or Phillip before any kind of picture emerges.

Don't forget this is Venky's we're talking about. He could be sacked today but we might not hear until monday.

Shebby is a big fan of Redknapp but I reckon Balaji would want Holloway. Tactically Holloway would be a good move promotion wise.

But let's face it he hasn't gone yet and I would have expected news of his sacking today. Can anyone remember how long it took for them to sack Allardyce after his final game?

Played on the Sunday n the news of his sacking was released at tea time on the Monday. Hopefully at around 10pm we'll hear the news then lol

You can't put too much stock in those odds. On a market with that little attention on it it would only take a couple of average sized bets to send the odds tumbling. A handful of us on here could get Kean to odds on pretty quickly.

I know of three who have placed reasonable sized bets this morning at 4/1, they are so confident the deed is almost done, and the odds haven't shifted. Not quite as simple as you think.

Ok then please explain why on Tuesday we brought on Jason Lowe with seconds left to see out time and Nunes 10 minutes before that

They weren't warming up because Kean is clueless

There possibly is a budget but I don't think it's dictated anything on the pitch this season

I imagine those two aren't on very much per week, likewise Bruno who played also yesterday.

I honestly do not believe that subs wouldn't warm up for the last 15 mins of a match in which we were losing unless they knew that they wouldn't be coming on. Whatever the reason, they knew they weren't coming on - agreed, Kean is clueless, but there is and has been a hell of a lot of weight to suggest that we are still playing to a strict budget.

even dumb and dumber would be vast improvement

Pretty much anyone else would be an improvement.

I'm not hopeful he's going though, too many false alarms.

But they had Kean in place then ;)

Well informed individuals or just hopeful ones Mercer?

A mixed bag - there is clearly too much 'noise' around for there to be nothing in it.

Supposedly, we have been on the brink with Kean before but this feels/sounds different.

To those saying it should have happened by now, it is wise to first get your lawyers to dot the i's and cross the t's. I think he is going, just a question of when - hopefully, Bolton get at least a point today otherwise they might just beat us to it !

I imagine those two aren't on very much per week, likewise Bruno who played also yesterday.

I honestly do not believe that subs wouldn't warm up for the last 15 mins of a match in which we were losing unless they knew that they wouldn't be coming on. Whatever the reason, they knew they weren't coming on - agreed, Kean is clueless, but there is and has been a hell of a lot of weight to suggest that we are still playing to a strict budget.

Pretty much anyone else would be an improvement.

I'm not hopeful he's going though, too many false alarms.

I think you will find subs are paid match fees even if they dont get on the pitch!!

Hi Glen,

I am happy to say that reading your post above prompted me to finally join this site after reading for some time.

I am a boycotter (one of the 10,000). I let my ST expire in the Jack Walker along with my 73 yo Dad (another of the 10K)

It was good to read the honesty of your post. Everything you say is bang on.

It's so easy for everyone to offer their own (valid) opinions but how many are gonna put their heads up over the parapit ?

One thing is certain. Something (anything) needs to be done very soon. Exactly what is best to do, is not going to be decided by concensus !

The best we can hope for, is to decide do Something and hope as many people are prepared to support it as possible.

If you held a vote on the Action Group site or anywhere else it would probably be hacked.

Tossing a coin or drawing straws would be as good a way to decide. A way that makes a decision in minutes (not weeks).

I am fairly sure most people are looking to yourself to organise something positive for them to get behind, hence your full inbox.

Would a mass boycott outside the ground be sanctioned by the police ? Surely not.

I can't see them agreeing to 10,000 or whatever outside the ground as an organised protest.

If it was, I would certainly be there.

Most fans will be pleased that we have a good start (result wise) as it gives hope that a change of manager will be all that is needed.

Everyone wants Premier League football next season but with Kean gone and a new manager in place.

The performances this season have been dire (I haven't heard from anyone who says otherwise).

If we were in the PL now we would be bottom without a doubt.

What would be the point of being promoted under Kean and next season being a repeat of last.

On the field, the only place which counts, nothing has changed.

Good to see you are taking some time to let the red mist clear and allow clear thoughts to come to the fore.

I believe that simply getting the next home attendance down to say 9000 plus some kind of organised (media covered) event could be the next step.

We ain't gonna empty the ground or have everyone outside. It sounds good but surely not practical in reality.

Getting rid of Kean will become an out and out business decision in the end imo.

How do we get another 3,000 home fans to stay away from the next match ?

We can also target away team forums and ask for organised boycotting ???

At the moment the fluctuation in attendance seems to be the away support.

I'm fairly sure that most fanbases are sympathetic to our cause (match day banter aside).

It's so easy for any club to end up in a similar position in a short space of time and most fans recognise that.

what we need is some new ideas to press the message of "Kean Out" !

You are right to question the use of going over old used and thus far unsuccessful tactics.

Come on people. Simply typing "Kean Out" week after week and hoping he goes isn't doing any good.

Glen is clearly is looking for real help, support and ideas at this point.

He has to be congratulated for having the balls to do what he has done so far !

Anyone who is claiming they know he will be sacked are the same people who last time said it was 100% etc.

Sorry what? Can you type out that same sentence again? I didn't quite catch it the first 80 times you posted the same thing. Maybe you could throw in a few random posts about betting to spice things up. Jesus christ. Shut.The.Feck.Up. Are you Hughsey's younger brother?

I've bought into talk that he was getting sacked too many times before. I've been sucked in by odds moving. So every time it happens again I tell myself not to fall for it; it won't happen.

Yet I still cling onto the hope that the decision has in fact been made, and that the reason it hasn't been announced is due to things like negotiating payoffs, making decisions regarding the rest of the coaching staff etc.

Cryer hinted it needed a defeat to sack Kean, that time has come.

Mr Cryer is usually a well informed individual which would suggest it is time for Singh to prove whether or not he has any power at Ewood.

Sorry what? Can you type out that same sentence again? I didn't quite catch it the first 80 times you posted the same thing. Maybe you could throw in a few random posts about betting to spice things up. Jesus christ. Shut.The.Feck.Up. Are you Hughsey's younger brother?

Just don't want people being disappointed when turns out he's going nowhere. So shut up.

I've bought into talk that he was getting sacked too many times before. I've been sucked in by odds moving. So every time it happens again I tell myself not to fall for it; it won't happen.

Yet I still cling onto the hope that the decision has in fact been made, and that the reason it hasn't been announced is due to things like negotiating payoffs, making decisions regarding the rest of the coaching staff etc.

And the appointment of a new manager ;)

'Name' manager, 'proven / experienced' manager or 'young/up and coming/hungry manager'..

Where's your money going ?

where your money going and who please???

with Southampton losing maybe Nigel Adkins will be sack by the end of weekend. if he is sack then must be on the shortlist of repalcement for Kean???

Archived