BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby: put up or shut up time!

ABBEY

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't put too much stock in those odds. On a market with that little attention on it it would only take a couple of average sized bets to send the odds tumbling. A handful of us on here could get Kean to odds on pretty quickly.

I was asked a few days ago to write a letter to the owners which they now have. I was asked to detail the last 12 months from start to finish and I have left nothing out. It goes on for pages and pages, details particular instances, and is done from the heart and is factual. I await their official response to it, which I have been promised I will get.

We are all hurting as supporters over the last couple of years.

Some feel more strongly than others,some want different aspects changing , some want to just get behind the team and hope the results will fix things , some are more vocal than others. Some don't like the ones who are vocal and some just won't return to rovers ever.

Finding a fine balance of views in the supporter base is near impossible, finding the right from the wrong is also impossible. Whats good for one, is not good for another, Some want protest to return immediately, christ my inbox aint stopped since 10pm last night. Some will attack anyone who says Kean out, some will wage war on anyone who considers a protest, whilst some want everyone to just boycott.

The dilemma's being thrown at our committee this morning is just incredible, which ever way we jump will be deemed the wrong way by many. We are all equal supporters and none of us have a magic wand, people want a big story to come out, but without concrete evidence there is no story to print. Everything we have had has been printed by Nick Harris, anything which is cirumstantial would never make it to print without the big smoking gun. Somethings we have been told you just can't write, if it was wrong we would lose our homes, or perhaps even our lives especially if the last 12 months are anything to go by.

Its so very easy for people to just ask us, write everything you have been told, when its not their lives it will impact.

As a supporter base EVERYONE just wants a good well run club to support each week, and for some of us it dont matter how big the fall, we will still support them unreservedly.

At present we talk to the club daily and relay what we are told, it does not mean we beleive what they say, but its not about us imposing our opinion on you, but reporting back what people tell us. Will promises or pledges be followed through? Your guess is as good as mine. You only have to read the 2 sets of minutes put out in the last 2 weeks from the fans forum and the action group. Both say different things on the same issues. This in itself makes it impossible to work out where the truth lies.

I have been in dailogue all morning with the action group committe and there is a lot of emotion around this morning from many many supporters. I always try and let the andrenalin of emotion die within before I try and get my head around things as does all the committee.

We are considering a open meeting for supporters again, but the question is, how many would turn up? What is anything will they suggest is the next step? and what as supporters can we do which we have not already done, or will not have the opposite effect to what most desire.

Somethings we have been told you just can't write, if it was wrong we would lose our homes, or perhaps even our lives especially if the last 12 months are anything to go by.

Whatever this comment is alluding to, if our dispute with the club/owners has come to this, well...

What is anything will they suggest is the next step? and what as supporters can we do which we have not already done, or will not have the opposite effect to what most desire.

It will never happen - but a mass boycott would put the cat amoungst the pigeons.

Glen, well done for your continuing efforts.

Like Alan75, I think that a widely-publicised mass boycott is the way to go. The stay-away fans have made their point very very clearly, as did the loyal troopers who headed along to watch that dross last night. Everyone wants the best for Blackburn Rovers, it's not a black and white case of saying one group is right and the other is wrong.

However, it's got the stage where we need a massive statement from as many people as possible. Perhaps a boycott with fans gathering outside the ground and not going in. Who knows whether it could be done - but surely at this stage anything is worth a shot.

Glen, well done for your continuing efforts.

Like Alan75, I think that a widely-publicised mass boycott is the way to go. The stay-away fans have made their point very very clearly, as did the loyal troopers who headed along to watch that dross last night. Everyone wants the best for Blackburn Rovers, it's not a black and white case of saying one group is right and the other is wrong.

However, it's got the stage where we need a massive statement from as many people as possible. Perhaps a boycott with fans gathering outside the ground and not going in. Who knows whether it could be done - but surely at this stage anything is worth a shot.

The problem with a Boycott as a message, is those staying away need to attend and be outside, you need more outside than inside. Anything less, and the club would inflate the inside figures, and use the smaller numbers outside as another string to Keans bow in his attempts to state more are behind him than against him.

If anyone thought for one minute that the 10000 so home fans who went last night would sacrifice the Wolves game and stay outside then this would be organised no bother, but could people hand on heart say they would? and if they did not would the other 10000 who are staying away attend for a day to stay outside?

Glen

All I want is for KEANSCUM to be sacked. At that point, I am prepared to give Venkys a chance to set their record so far right. If they can see through the lies and shroud of this incompetent fool then they get a secon d chance to start afresh.

It wont be easy but they really need to employ a manager with a record of sucess and experience and give him free reign to manage the club.

we all know the massive windfall that is on offer for next season and the 3 after that, its absolutley crucial to be in the Premiership. What we all kn ow as well is that should we go up, there has to be massive investment in the playing side because this current lot would break all relegation records hands down without even trying

• Moderation Lead

I probably wont be able to log on here untill Monday morning now.

I guarentee that "keano" will still be come then.

You folks never learn.

Yep, it's the hope that gets you, standard people getting their hopes up to get let down again.

If venkys wanted the fans onside in a heartbeat, sack Kean and get in a combo of tugay and salgado as coaches, plus a real manager...

I don't imagine they want a manager, just a coach.

I noticed last night that the subs stopped warming up with 15 mins to go...more evidence that we are still selecting the team to a strict budget IMO.

• Backroom

I don't imagine they want a manager, just a coach.

I noticed last night that the subs stopped warming up with 15 mins to go...more evidence that we are still selecting the team to a strict budget IMO.

Nonsense it was just bad management

We have signed players on high wages and used frequent subs this season

I was asked a few days ago to write a letter to the owners which they now have. I was asked to detail the last 12 months from start to finish and I have left nothing out. It goes on for pages and pages, details particular instances, and is done from the heart and is factual. I await their official response to it, which I have been promised I will get.

Can I ask Glen who it was who asked you to write to the Indians?

Nonsense it was just bad management

We have signed players on high wages and used frequent subs this season

Why were they not warming up for the last 15 mins then Tom? They knew they weren't going on, they knew that they weren't options...even at two nil down.

At 2 -1 we could've easily gone with 3 at the back and popped Rochina on - yet he wasn't even warming up and hadn't been for 15 mins.

I reckon if Kean does leave that either Harry Redknapp or Karl Robinson will be the next rovers manager.

Shebby is a big fan of Redknapp but I reckon Balaji would want Holloway. Tactically Holloway would be a good move promotion wise.

But let's face it he hasn't gone yet and I would have expected news of his sacking today. Can anyone remember how long it took for them to sack Allardyce after his final game?

• Backroom

So how do you explain him and others coming on v Leeds and Bristol or us making subs late on in other games?

Booth the news of Sams sacking came at fiveish the day after the game I imagine we would have heard by now if he was going though

Shebby is a big fan of Redknapp but I reckon Balaji would want Holloway. Tactically Holloway would be a good move promotion wise.

But let's face it he hasn't gone yet and I would have expected news of his sacking today. Can anyone remember how long it took for them to sack Allardyce after his final game?

I doubt Holloway would come to Rovers - at the end of the day Blackpool are playing really well and he has the team set up as he wants.

So how do you explain him and others coming on v Leeds and Bristol or us making subs late on in other games?

We didn't have 3 games in week.

So, how do you explain them not warming up??

I can only see us employing an out of work manager, I don't imagine them paying compensation on top of a wage.

Archived