BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby: put up or shut up time!

ABBEY

For the love of god just sack him before Ipswich get rid of Jewell.

Karl Robinson would definitely take the job as well. Very ambitious young man.

Jewell is coming under enormous pressure and a colleague of mine down there reckons he will be gone tomorrow if not before. Today was a game he had to win, just like Coyle had to at Sheff. Wed..

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any truth in the rumour that Lee Clarke is gonna beat both Kean and Jewell to the sack?

Unless there is something sadly wrong between Clarke and the owners/directors there, I'd expect him to be cut a bit of slack as he's only just gone there !

Karl Robinson, no experience in championship...he is not the man to take rovers forward.

It has to be someone with championship experience as a minimum requirement.

Karl Robinson, no experience in championship...he is not the man to take rovers forward.

It has to be someone with championship experience as a minimum requirement.

This has been building from a whisper or two earlier in the week to a crescendo over the last 24 hours.

As I said earlier, this feels and sounds very different to any previous speculation, and there's been lots and at many times.

Cryer looks like he's on standby no doubt either waiting for the official nod or in case one of the Sundays picks-up and runs with it which may well force the issue earlier than Rovers wanted.

reason ...i've always liked rijkaard as with the young players and strong academy , he will be able to bring total football culture coupled with tugay ..would be excellent ....hope they do this before the FA CUP starts ...at least a chance in that ...we do have a good young squad crying out for TRAINING , TACTICS , CULTURE ...all of which kean can't do even to save his life ...the other guy i always liked was Laudrup ...but too bad swansea took him

There are so many options in terms of managerial replacements; Tony Adams, Rafa Benitez, Alan Curbishley, Garry Flitcroft, Avram Grant, Ruud Gullit, Marcello Lippi, Mick McCarthy, Ole Gunner Solskjaer, Ray Wilkins ! Some more realistic than other but candidates nevertheless !

But I can't help but feel like we will still have Kean in charge on the 29th when we play Charlton !

reason ...i've always liked rijkaard as with the young players and strong academy , he will be able to bring total football culture coupled with tugay ..would be excellent ....hope they do this before the FA CUP starts ...at least a chance in that ...we do have a good young squad crying out for TRAINING , TACTICS , CULTURE ...all of which kean can't do even to save his life ...the other guy i always liked was Laudrup ...but too bad swansea took him

My comment relates to Kean's sacking only.

The Rijkaard point is down to Kamy and others who know of that link.

There are so many options in terms of managerial replacements; Tony Adams, Rafa Benitez, Alan Curbishley, Garry Flitcroft, Avram Grant, Ruud Gullit, Marcello Lippi, Mick McCarthy, Ole Gunner Solskjaer, Ray Wilkins ! Some more realistic than other but candidates nevertheless !

But I can't help but feel like we will still have Kean in charge on the 29th when we play Charlton !

Tony Adams? Out of the frying pan, into the raging inferno.

We need experience surely....not gamble on Ray Wilkins.....Ince and Kean should put us all of inexperienced managers......with some possible exceptions like Poyet.....not that he'd come I don't think.

Benitez, Lippi and co wouldn't come.....Rijkaard is manager of Saudi Arabia last time I heard and it probably on quite a bit of money to say the least.

Curbishley has always been my preferred choice.....it's just a question of will he come.

Curbishley has always been my preferred choice.....it's just a question of will he come.

The most sensible name mentioned on this thread. Experienced in promoting a team from the Chumpionship and keeping that team in the Premier League on a small budget. An intelligent and experienced manager. And thats the problem I don't think he would touch Rovers with a 1000 foot bargepole

I hope noone's dreaming of Avram Grant!!

I would take Avram Grant over Kean......I would even take Eddie Grant over Kean.!!

Kean goes or stays there are always going to be problems with these owners, replacing a manager in the championship is not an easy thing to do, I think we have the squad to smash this league apart, we have defensive strength, a decent enough midfield, strikers with goals in them and experienced players to keep a calm head, what we dont have is the captain of the ship.

So Kean is still found wanting at this level, so say he goes (by some miracle) and we have our trusted owners to find a replacement, who do they pick? Well.....You have your trusted Championship managers like Warnock, Mccarthy that cant manage in the prem for toffee but would certainly manage to get us promoted but as time has shown the owners have shown far too much faith in managers and we would end up soon to be relegated again, Curbishley would be a good choice but has he been out of the game too long? Do you chose a manager to get us promoted and then pick again in the prem or do you chose wisely and wait for the right man, with the owners we have I have no confidence that the right man for the job will be selected.

I would have to go all guns blazing for Holloway, the guy can manage, has a good strong character, has experience at both lvls and knows how to get the best out of the players he has or you could wait for the likes of Rodgers or Lambert to get sacked, either way is all hypothetical because A: The owners wont sack Kean and B: If they did they are totally bound to balls it up big style.

Archived