BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby: put up or shut up time!

ABBEY

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still feel embarrassed to see someone like Shebby Singh associated with a great institution like Blackburn Rovers. If nothing else though he clearly acted as effective bullshit filter between Kean and the Indian idiots.

A bit harsh. If Shebby has had as a big role to play in Kean's departure as is being reported, then I think Rovers will forever owe him a debt of gratitude.

God knows how much longer Kean would have stayed if it wasn't for him - Venky's certainly weren't capable of doing it without someone pushing them.

Salgado is a Hero has summed it up perfectly Den. If Shebby had never appeared at Ewood, Kean would be negotiating a new contract as we speak with the start we have had. Whether he pulled the trigger or just stirred the pot fair play to him. He's obviously got under the right people's skin - just watching an enraged Merson calling him a clown yesterday had great comedy value.

Salgado is a Hero has summed it up perfectly Den. If Shebby had never appeared at Ewood, Kean would be negotiating a new contract as we speak with the start we have had. Whether he pulled the trigger or just stirred the pot fair play to him. He's obviously got under the right people's skin - just watching an enraged Merson calling him a clown yesterday had great comedy value.

The irony being that Merson is more of a clown than Shebby Singh will ever be.

The irony being that Merson is more of a clown than Shebby Singh will ever be.

Agreed. For all that he's a foreign pundit, Singh was smart enough and able enough to arrive on scene, determine that there was merit in the supporters' position and act to remove a cancer within the club.

More pragmatically, he was also able to determine that the club was losing revenue due to Kean's continued presence.

All in all, Singh was far from being an idiot. Singh is a genius in comparison to Merson.

And I fully intend to take a wait and see attitude in relation to whomever Singh appoints or convinces the Roas to appoint as manager. I don't think Singh is an idiot and I hope he'll get it right. A lot is riding on that decision.

Though with the international break coming, I hope that they appoint someone soon. The new manager will need time to stamp his mark on the squad and every day without an appointment is a precious day lost.

If Shebby had not arrived at Ewood, Kean would still be Manager.

Shebby weighed it up early , talked with the fans, listened to the fans, then witnessed first hand Kean's inability to Manage. His findings were reported back to India daily, and many many supporters wanted Shebby gone before he even started. Continued to want him gone , and some may still want him gone.

Been a bit of back tracking from a few, which is good to see, but i'm just pleased that we(BRFC Action Group) stuck to our guns despite heavy critiism from all angles, gave him the support he needed as those within the club tried their best to hinder his progress.

After meeting with him, and Agnew, it was obvious who was calling the shots. We took a hell of a lot of stick for saying this guy would come through, that we had been sold bullshit and that he was here just to tell supporters anything we wanted to hear.

Yes Shebby was outspoken and some people thought too outspoken, but in the end he delivered what the supporters wanted, and that was Kean gone

Real deal????? You bet he is, Hopefully now he along with the owners will take their time in appointing the right manager, with the right credentials. Experience is key, we took two massive gambles in Ince and Kean in recent times, and both nearly killed us. We cannot make that mistake again, we need a manager with a proven track record. Who knows the game and has managed for many years. IMO If they have not got a couple of hundred games under their belt then we should not be considering them. We are a club thats been to hell, and we are on a long road back, the next appointment will define this clubs long term future and no stone should be left unturned in the search for the right man

Real deal????? You bet he is, Hopefully now he along with the owners will take their time in appointing the right manager, with the right credentials. Experience is key, we took two massive gambles in Ince and Kean in recent times, and both nearly killed us. We cannot make that mistake again, we need a manager with a proven track record. Who knows the game and has managed for many years. IMO If they have not got a couple of hundred games under their belt then we should not be considering them. We are a club thats been to hell, and we are on a long road back, the next appointment will define this clubs long term future and no stone should be left unturned in the search for the right man

So good to hear this from a particularly influential member of the fanbase, especially when people in other threads are clamouring for Alan Shearer.

Please do all you can to make sure those who are making the decisions get this message, and don't appoint ex players merely for the sake of "romance" and a large section of the fanbase wanting them.

Glen, I assume you've passed on to Singh your view that the next manager must be an experienced one?

Its down to the footballing people and scouting network to highlight a manager. Shebby and the owners have a lot of work to do here, and should be left alone to do it. Loads of managers will throw their hats in the ring, and i'm sure agents are throwing names at them hourly. I think a clearer picture will emerge once they start talking salaries and a budget for any potential manager

• Backroom

A shame Shebby couldn't convince Desai to sack Kean, and instead he was "forced to resign". Even at the end Venky's couldn't do the right thing, makes me very uneasy about the future of the club.... Singh or not.

Granada Reports discuss matters with Shebby he gets a bit uppity about some of the questions

I didn't think he was uppity at all. He refused to be drawn into a few comments (such as specifically describing Steve Kean's managerial flaws, contenting himself with listing relegation) but overall a good interview and one which should reassure a few supporters.

Archived