BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Gonna have to stop giving that guy lip service at some point.

Shebby will probably take til next week, and he could well employ another circus clown so we have bigger fish to fry right now.

All we can hope for is someone in place who is experienced / respected by the Derby game. Forget about keaning kean now

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Well that was awful

Dann, Orr, murphy, CKR and Rhodes in particular stood out as even worse than their team mates today.

Luckily we know what Rhodes can do in front of goal but you'd expect do much more from a striker than what he showed today.

Murphy was obviously told to sit but even so his passing was shocking and cost us the goal.

Dann just wasteful in possession and Orr just clueless as to where he was meant to be.

Kazim tried to make things happen but greedy and again wasteful

As with boro Nunes was a bright spark he's hit and miss but can clearly cross a ball

Rubbish performance don't think I need to say much more, others already seem to have done and more will follow.

Formation started as 3-4-1-2 but the 4 were very deep! At half time it switched so that Nunes was on wing but just so one sided it was so obvious where we were going to attack from.

To say Rhodes and CKR stood out as being worse than the rest is very unfair they had next to F all service and tried to do something everytime they got the ball, 2nd half in particular were long ball services. Lowe and Orr stood out as the worse by a long, long way. Lowe is the example of why English football is the way it is. He can run all day long but he gave it away loads. Murphy I didn't think was too bad until just before the goal and then he crumbled completely! Orr just doesnt have any pace and doesn't look arsed. Henley should be brought in to play as he can't do any worse, his positioning can't be worse and at least he has pace to get back unlike Orr.

Players look bewildered as to what to do in 3-5-2, the amount of time the back 4 had on the ball and apart from Dann once or twice they didnt want to be responsible for bringing the ball up field! Orr and Olsson don't know what to do at wing back, they sit far too deep and need to push up more when we had the ball!

Also only using 2 subs when losing 1-0 at home, when you have Gomes, Dunn, Gamst and Rochina is an absolute joke. Black clearly had no plan B! At least Kean had a good result whilst in temp charge, thanks for your work Black but time to go! No wonder Bruce hasnt been a hit anywhere

In reality it shows up Kean, as Black has just continued his ineptitude - hopefully this should see an end to the entire "old" regime - taxi for the lot of them. New man, new ideas, new way of playing - 5 at the back is fine if your two wing backs do what they should, Martin is ok at a push, but Orr is abysmal. A very good advert as to why Venkys/Kean have failed at every level, I'm terminally depressed at what our club has become - I'm sad for Fife, I only had to drive back to Clitheroe, he has a whole evening to dwell on that crap!!

Being Scottish is awesome we're a country most couldn't come close to matching, you should know being from there yourself.

Tbh, it was more a reference to Hanley and Rhodes being the ones with international caps for Scotland when we (Scotland) are currently bereft of decent centre backs and strikers.

Scotland, as a whole, is the greatest country in the world of course :tu:

How did Formica perform today?

• Backroom

I suppose this sort of result will make other fans think Kean was some sort of managerial genius who was badly wronged by nasty vile bullying fans.

Urgh I just can't stand it.

Probably.

But our folly is not appointing a manager, rather than sacking Kean. In keeping Black we've just allowed the stench of failure to continue to linger. Hopefully Black is removed shortly and we get a real manager in during the international break. If Black gets the job then we're done for.

Could someone who went possibly post the formation?

Cheers

..................x...................

............................x.........

...........x...........x.............

...x............................x....

......x..........x..........x.......

It was like Orr and Olsson were playing as wing backs. Kazim sort of playing off Rhodes and on the right.

That's my guess anyway - was I close.

There was no heart and no desire today. Kean's leaving speech must have been an Oscar nominee for best screenplay.

Example late in the first half, Kazim is tackled and the ball spins out towards the touchline. Very quickly it became obvious that it wasn't going out yet he made no move for it and a Wolves player sprinted to kept it in play from virtually the half way. At a guess twice as far away as Kazim - who then proceeded to give a mock limp as the excuse.

Real shame today because the Ewood crowd made it a good atmosphere at the start and there was a bit of feel-good creeping back (some folks near me were making their first game of the season - and I'm talking long time season ticket holders). The players just didn't respond. We were careless with the ball.

I have to add though the ref was awful but if he'd have been in charge for some of our earlier games we'd have lost those too. We've been lucky this season and if the League table was based on performances, 9th would be flattering.

None of our CBs is willing to play the ball out of defense. For most of the game, flat back five with Murphy sitting. Lowe can't attack so we has almost no attack at all. We need a defensive midfielder who can tackle and not give ball away. Then Etuhu can get forward. Murphy shouldn't be playing.

What a feckin shambles.

Hugely disappointing - first game this season and if things don't change, will be my last.

Black has to be worse than Kean - at least under Kean we scored goals and looked like scoring.

Wolves were way ahead of us - better game plan, better structure and could have run out 3 nil winners.

Heard Black on Radio Rovers - just one excuse after another.

We only really threatened when Fabio came on.

Carrying a huge amount of deadwood and really fear that even play-offs beyond this, IMO, shower of shyte.

Huge, huge challenges ahead for a new manager WHO MUST NOT BE ERIC BLACK.

As always ran around a lot, had a half decent dipping effort apart from that nothing amazing

Yea I forgot he was subbed at half time.

I know Dann and to an extent Hanley don't have enough confidence to play the ball out from the back but Givet rarely knocks it long....usually, I've seen a couple of games this season, and almost all last season as well I suppose.

Do people think the CB's are to blame or rather no midfielder was willing to come back and receive the ball.....this was Dunn's role under Sam but nobody looks atm to be willing to do this.

Murphy is meant to be the man, but he is slow, and has no other gears. Lowe I hoped would be good in this league, but the problem is they give the ball away - Murphy should be ashamed as to how he gave the corner away that ended up in the Wolves goal. We have no creation, Tugay at his age would look a world beater at this level!

Orr and Murphy are on course to be holders of the worst ever players in a rovers shirt.

ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SLAG MGP ,WHO WOULD YOU RATHER SEE PLAY MURPHY OR MGP?

In CM, Murphy - but with the right player beside him. I'd have Peds in midfield before Lowe though.

We have no creation, Tugay at his age would look a world beater at this level!

Tugay - in his final season - would have been humiliated if he had to play in the current system with the current bums in our team.

Archived