BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite being a goal down again in the last 10 mins and Dunn, Rochina etc on the bench and Kazim Richard playing turd, the subs all sat down again with 15 mins to go and stopped warming up after the second substitution. Quite a few on here took the mickey the other week when I said that it looks like we are still playing to a strict budget, others blamed Kean...so go on, what's the explanation this time??

Despite being a goal down again in the last 10 mins and Dunn, Rochina etc on the bench and Kazim Richard playing turd, the subs all sat down again with 15 mins to go and stopped warming up after the second substitution. Quite a few on here took the mickey the other week when I said that it looks like we are still playing to a strict budget, others blamed Kean...so go on, what's the explanation this time??

We are just p1ss poor!

Whoever the next manager may be he is going to have a massive job on his hands to get some of this squad to perform as we need them to.

On today's dross of a performance some players need dumping. I get tired of all the excuses that some on here give to players being played in the wrong position etc etc. They are very well paid professionals and the one thing I cannot abide is the disinterest shown by some of them.

Murphy is a joke especially as he is the captain. He is obviously here for the money. Orr and Dann rubbish defenders and need shipping out. Black may be a decent bloke but tactically clueless and as for the defensive coach.....enough said.

Many fans must have returned today to enjoy their first game since Keangate and on that performance many will not return in the foreseeable future.

10 games gone and we have made a decent start. Disappointing today but if you had offered me 16 points from 10 games and no Steve kean at the start of the season then I'd have snapped you're hand off.

Performances have been woeful but with a new manager coming in we can hopefully improve that. Losing today is probably a blessing in disguise. I feared if we had won then Black would have been offered the managers job. That would have killed off our promotion chances.

Remember, we have also had a tough fixture list. Leicester, wolves , Middlesbrough, hull, forest, leeds are all promotion contenders. That's 6 out of ten games against top teams.

Today was just pure garbage. We have actually managed to go backwards from Kean which I thought couldn't be possible. Why bring in a totally new system when you are a caretaker manager and try to re-invent yourselves?! Also, why play so defensively without taking any risks when you're trying to impress your bosses over a couple of games. Surely, they'd be more impressed with your ambition if you tried to win!

If you ask me the job is Black's already and that's why he's already making huge changes knowing he has time. Shebby will fail to deliver once again. Kean resigned didn't he Mr. Singh? Yes, that's right, he did.

The whole structure of the club is a disgrace and I fear we have not yet seen the last of the huge strand of lies and broken promises. Kean going was meant to be a new start, yet it's beginning to feel like the start of another Kean episode. GET IT SORTED SHEBBY!

Eric Black is useless to say the least, 5 defenders against 1 striker at home.

Gomes left on the bench and only used 2 subs.

Need a proper manager asap.

Agreed

Not one of the players today seemed comfortable with the role they were asked to play. Givet didn't know whether to get out to the full back position or stay central. System was presumably meant to make us hard to beat but it somehow made us less compact defensively as players chased the ball like 5 year olds and nobody seemed to stick to their man and make sure he didn't get the ball in a good area. Richards tried to play here there and everywhere but the one place he was supposed to be, or one expects he would be mopst effective, off the main striker Rhodes. Rhodes was so isolated it's unfair to pick him out as underperforming. Subs were the wrong ones - no change of formation or type of player when the subs came on. Nunes can cross a ball can he? Well, not from where we were sitting as every one found the first man and was cut out. The crowd wanted to party - what a pity neither the caretaker manager - hope that's all he is - nor the players seemed to want to give us anything to celebrate. I'd rahter have lost 4-3 than watched that dross.

Spot on with everything there

I agree. we've had 22 months of Kean's mismanagement. It will take more than 3 games to get rid of the mentality the players currently have. However, Black is not the man to do it. Management needs a complete overhaul

Right again

For me, it's more the lack of pace that is crippling us. We can't stretch teams to create space, especially in the last third. Until we address this, we'll continue to bumble around in mid table (at best).

Another truism.

I don't need to comment further. It's all been said for me. OK. I'm lazy.

I'm also angry and p*ssed off.

Just got home. That 300 mile round trip was well worth it :(

I understood playing 3 at the back at forest but you don't play that at home against a team short of strikers.

I was pleased when we signed Murphy but he has been poor and continued with that today.

Kean in.

Bite your tongue.

Shebby has said that they will take until "AT LEAST NEXT WEEK" to get a new man in. I know that sounds too long, but we are early in a very long season and they really need to get this right. Otherwise that's it for Venky's. That's it. Game Over. Let's all pray things are actually changing. COYB

This is what gets me. Surely they had an idea who they wanted to replace Kean with? Why are they acting like a ship of state? Points are slipping by, never to be recovered, as they contemplate their navels.

Here's a clue: the club needs a manager who is experienced and successful. Apparently there are many to pick from. So hire one.

I was there today , 1st game back .

Very poor performance , cannot see anything happening on the promotion front this season ..

This squad is very poor even by championship standards .

Murphy on the evidence of today is FINISHED will be interesting to see if the new manager keeps him as captain ..

No pace , no energy in the team .....

It is difficult to imagine any self respecting manager being interested in the job ....

The legacy left by kean is going to take years to overcome , his judgment of a footballer was appalling ....

He completely wasted 4 transfer windows , after each one we were weaker ..

Very poor performance , cannot see anything happening on the promotion front this season ..

Murphy on the evidence of today is FINISHED will be interesting to see if the new manager keeps him as captain ..

It is difficult to imagine any self respecting manager being interested in the job ....

The legacy left by kean is going to take years to overcome , his judgment of a footballer was appalling ....

Exactly.

The shameful dismantling of a once talented squad will take years to overcome.

I just hope K### and the gang are pleased with themselves.

Exactly.

The shameful dismantling of a once talented squad will take years to overcome.

I just hope K### and the gang are pleased with themselves.

They will be.

Remember Sadam & the scorched earth policy?

Spiteful, last act of defiance.

Kean is a cahunt!

Had been looking forward to this all week, first game in 2 years.

Awful.

First of all the "3" was infact a "5" at the back, Forest away, mergh fair enough, but at home?! Ridiculous...

Wolves weren't brilliant but didn't have to be to beat us, they practically camped in our half for the vast majority of the game, we lacked pace, ideas, nous and above all a plan, Black set this team up purely not to concede.

Nobody knows what to do, they play like strangers and it looks like they're turning up just to get paid.

Robbo - Not a great deal to do, beaten from distance again, not sure if he was unsighted, due to where I was sat.

Orr - Offered Kean all. Really. Nothing

Dann - Thought was decent, nothing flash, although not completely commanding

Hanley - As above

Givet - Thought the better of the 3, looked comfortable

Olsson - Completely disinterested for the first 15 mins, grew into the game, couple of surges

Lowe - Looked busy without doing anything of note

Murphy - Should be the hub or quarterback, needs more touches than he can afford even at this level, perked up 2nd half

Formica - Kept coming short for the ball as he wasn't getting service, one speculative effort that went over

Kaz - Really annoyed me, got clipped after 15 ish mins and then moaned incessantly for the rest of the game, sulker, possibly should have done better with a 2nd half header that went a few yards wide

Rhodes - Felt sorry for him, couple of snap shots from outside the area, no service

Subs

Nunes - Looked really lively, looks to beat his man whenever he can, but when he did, final ball was poor, raw but lively

Etuhu - Missed him, presence about him, not a player to be subbed on when chasing a game

Overall disappointed, but not particularly suprised, need someone to shake the place up, kick the complacency out make them fear being dropped, no fight for the shirt or the badge, no desire.

So Rhodes should have had a clear penno in the first half in my opinion. He should also have been given a stone Waller against boro and I believe there was another good shout for one against forest. Now I don't know much about Rhodes previously but has he gained a reputation for going down easily in the past. Just wondered if that's why he's not getting the decisions now.

Referee was turd mate, thought was a penalty initially, but was going away from goal so thought it was just me, you reminded me about Hanleys throw as well ha ha, summed today up

It shouldn't matter if he's going away from goal mate. Any foul in the box is a penalty, not just goalscoring opportunity.

Clearly no one man is going to sort out this mess in a hurry. The damage wrought by Kean and Venkys in 2 years will take a long time to sort out even if the right decisions are made.

The whole place needs cleaning out from top to bottom. A new manager needs committed owners, support at all levels--admin, fitness, his own team around him etc.

Is this likely to happen under Venkys? I think not.

Archived