BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers

IMO the main issue with Murphy is that every team targets him _ and because of his lack of pace and dribbling ability he is very easy to mark out of a game. Lowe seems to have got some stick on here - but he was one of the few players trying to pass and move which is essential to get the best out of Murphy. If we are to play three in centre midfield - why not Dunn, Murphy and Lowe - granted Lowe would have to do a lot of running to make up for the two old timers - but at least it would be more difficult to mark both of them out of the game.

Lowe can 'try' and pass and run around as much as he likes, he's still a poor player.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really couldn't care less about the result yesterday, the day was more about people coming back to Ewood after the Kean debacle. It was great to see a decent crowd on, plenty of people had brought their kids, it was a good atmosphere, and has renewed my faith in the clubs support.

Good effort from all cencerned.

1st game back after our self imposed exile. Gotta say the football was shockingly poor & the stewards in the Darwen End are still Venky rent boys.....but the rest of the day was most enjoyable.

I really couldn't care less about the result yesterday, the day was more about people coming back to Ewood after the Kean debacle. It was great to see a decent crowd on, plenty of people had brought their kids, it was a good atmosphere, and has renewed my faith in the clubs support.

The problem now being will they come back after yesterday.

I'm still angry as hell over yesterdays tactics and performance and have two weeks to stew over it.

The problem now being will they come back after yesterday.

I'm still angry as hell over yesterdays tactics and performance and have two weeks to stew over it.

Yes agreed Aggy, people won't pay to watch that rubbish week in week out, lets hope the new manager can have an immediate impact.

Yes agreed Aggy, people won't pay to watch that rubbish week in week out, lets hope the new manager can have an immediate impact.

Totally agree. The appointment of the new manager is massive. Please let it be someone established and experienced. We need respected football people in charge of our team.

Exactly what i said after

We don't necessarily need a target man. We can play it on the ground thru midfield and down the wings and through balls. Swansea and others, inc Blackpool got promoted without target man. But we need players that can tackle in midfield and move the ball quickly. Remember the way Dunn worked under Souness in our promotion year. And Jansen. It is a two year job to rebuild to get back up. Best man for this is Solskjaer.

Murphy was NEVER up to Dunn's ankles as a player.

I didn't see the game, just listened to the radio.

However I heard Black's interview was utterly bizarre, trying to lay the blame elsewhere.

Utter nonsense I would say, I couldn't believe what i was hearing

'we don't have the type of strikers you need in this division to score goals'

Er... how come Rhodes and Gomes have got 5 and 4 goals this season.

'We're asking Jordan Rhodes to play in an unfamiliar role'

Why ask him to play in that way then?

'If we're going to play the ball upfront early, which I'm more than happy to do, then it's going to come straight back'

Why did we try to play that way then?

'Poor Jordan, it''s wrong what we've asked him to do' ???

'If you kick it up front to Jordan Rhodes, Nuno Gomes, David Dunn, it's gonna come straight back to you, I don't see there's another option'

'We need a presence up front or systems don't matter'

To be fair, he is saying this because he wants a big striker in on loan, which would be good, and he made the point we have lots of people who can play off a striker.

However I think it is still a load of rubbish. The way he spoke it sounded like he thinks the only way to play is direct long ball football to get out of this division, and regardless to whether or not we had the players to play that way or not today, he tried to do that.

Surely, that is wrong, is that the way Swansea and Blackpool played? Is it the way Cardiff and Brighton are playing?

Shouldn't we try to play to our players' strengths?

Black was giving an honest opinion, nice compared to &*^% but that interview was ridiculous.

For me midfield is the key and needs to be completely rebuilt. There is no stopper, no playmaker and the wrong players to carry and fetch the ball. I don't make scapegoats but Murphy is a major part of the problem, he should not be at the club. He's clearly not interested, not capable and very slow. He should be the first to be replaced; playing an ageing Dunn would at least mean 11 contributing to the game instead of 10.

"Odd. In the 3 games that MGP hasn't featured AT ALL this season,#Rovers have managed to gain a massive 1 point. Gotta love the Pensioner."

Murphy is collecting his last pay cheque and has no affinity to the club.

For me I'd have both Dunn and MGP as automatic choices - at least they give 100% commitment and MGP can take free kicks that at least are driven towards the net.

Just started to calm down after being at Ewood yesterday and watching a awful performance from an inept rovers team if MGP and David Dunn are not better than Danny Murphy then I have waisted 50+ years watching the rovers also I have never seen as many passes back in a game and long hopeful punts forward I always thought football was played on the grass and players passed to one another forward that is.

The only good thing to come out of this is that it shows Black is as clueless as Kean and he has blown any chance he had of being the next manager.

• Moderation Lead

Awful, truly awful yesterday. Murphy, Orr and Dann are stealing a living. Murphy is unfit, slow and apart from a brief spell where he put a few challenges in he was atrocious, and has been since he's been here in my view.

Saying that, whoever was booing Murphy needs to have a word with themselves- embarrassing behaviour.

3-5-2 does NOT work, and our central midfield is pitiful, though this has been a long standing problem.

First game this season for me and Murphy, Lowe, Formica, Orr and Rhodes were the worst of a bad bunch. I also thought Hanley was worse than Dann.

I wouldn't say this squad definitely can't go up with a good manager but it's certainly not the 'gimme' people have been saying all season. Rochina, Vukevic and even poor-Olsson must be able to add to add more going forward than the bunch I watched yesterday.

Well after all that I was pretty glad that I had other arrangements made for me rather than going to Ewood, and this after the Forest game had begaun to whet my appetite for football and all things Rovers.

Kept abreast of the situation by text from a friend at the ground and now having ahd the chance to read this thread and the media reports it seems that KEANSCUMS symptoms still persist.

Rovers are not playing direct football. Jason Lowe is a poor excuse of a midfield player, he is unsure as to what his role is and is woefully short of nouse, basic footballing skills and cannot play any decent sort of passes to unlock defences. He casues more problems for his own team. Murpy is not interested, Dunne overweight and slow whilst the Portuguese untapped talents are nowhere near on show.

Blacks comments about strikers confirms he wont get the job full time.

The stupid formation used in the past two games has cost 5 points to be lost.

Revert to a tried and trused 4-4-2 and it will come good. Play players with creativity in their feet and they will score goals. Its as simple as that you idiotic scottish buffoon

Ended up sat in front of an absolute moron yesterday, hope to God he's not got a season ticket.

He didn't know the words to the chants ( wooah, wooah, we're off to see the boys....wtf) and spent the game heavy duty swearing and offering the ref out.

Even sprinted down to the front at one stage to berate the Wolves keeper, total knob. Ended up rowing with him and to be honest he spoilt any enjoyment I, or anyone else in the area could have in the match (not that you could really enjoy yesterday).

Unfortunately, he's one of many like that within our support, an embarrassment to the club.

Also, does anyone else massively cringe when the 'get out of our town' chant starts up? We used to be such a witty bunch back in the day but listening to that is eye watering.

The get out of our town song should be exclusively used for our own moronic element, Get out of our club and stay away.

Does that also apply to directors (sorry not sure if it's upper or lower case D or ministers without portfolio)

I didn't see the game, just listened to the radio.

However I heard Black's interview was utterly bizarre, trying to lay the blame elsewhere.

Utter nonsense I would say, I couldn't believe what i was hearing

'we don't have the type of strikers you need in this division to score goals'

Er... how come Rhodes and Gomes have got 5 and 4 goals this season.

'We're asking Jordan Rhodes to play in an unfamiliar role'

Why ask him to play in that way then?

'If we're going to play the ball upfront early, which I'm more than happy to do, then it's going to come straight back'

Why did we try to play that way then?

'Poor Jordan, it''s wrong what we've asked him to do' ???

'If you kick it up front to Jordan Rhodes, Nuno Gomes, David Dunn, it's gonna come straight back to you, I don't see there's another option'

'We need a presence up front or systems don't matter'

To be fair, he is saying this because he wants a big striker in on loan, which would be good, and he made the point we have lots of people who can play off a striker.

However I think it is still a load of rubbish. The way he spoke it sounded like he thinks the only way to play is direct long ball football to get out of this division, and regardless to whether or not we had the players to play that way or not today, he tried to do that.

Surely, that is wrong, is that the way Swansea and Blackpool played? Is it the way Cardiff and Brighton are playing?

Shouldn't we try to play to our players' strengths?

Black was giving an honest opinion, nice compared to &*^% but that interview was ridiculous.

+1

IMO He should be coaching to get the best out of Rhodes, Gomez and Kasim-Richards not tryingh to change their game. Like others have said, a defensive midfielder (Batty, Atkins, Flitcroft, Savage, Phil Jones type) is a must to enable Murphy to pass in the forwards. Additionally, IMO a second loan needed would be bread and butter centre half who can't get in a premiership 24 man squad.

• Backroom

The get out of our town song should be exclusively used for our own moronic element, Get out of our club and stay away.

I was just saying on twitter today fair play to the Lads and lasses in the DE for making a bit of noise but 'this is Blackburn get out of our town' must be about the most embarassing song I'd ever heard, that was at least until the stewards seem to come into the stand and I thought I heard 'we're Blackburn rovers, we do what we want'

I was just saying on twitter today fair play to the Lads and lasses in the DE for making a bit of noise but 'this is Blackburn get out of our town' must be about the most embarassing song I'd ever heard, that was at least until the stewards seem to come into the stand and I thought I heard 'we're Blackburn rovers, we do what we want'

To be fair its sang in retaliation to the "Blackburns a sh1t hole, I want to go home" chant, witty in that context for me.

• Backroom

To be fair its sang in retaliation to the "Blackburns a sh1t hole, I want to go home" chant, witty in that context for me.

Thought it was sang first but either way both chants are terrible IMO but loved the original hull / Blackpool version of sloop John b

Nice to meet you by the way, I was talking with you and Glenn and co on the concourse pre game

Archived