BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kamy/Glen Mullan & ITK's

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please will one of you or all of you contact Shebby immediately to stop this McKinley nonsense, does Shebby not realize the damage this appointment will do, not only to the club but the fan base, please someone act now before it's to late.

Kamy claims to have already told him according to his twitter.

Glen has tweeted to say Shebby has said he is taking advice from football people. Too bloody right he should. It's ridiculous that our fans can contact him and try to influence his decisions. It's another reason why we look like such a shambles. Would any other club operate in that way??? No!! Leave the man to make a football decision based on football advice and if he gets it wrong THEN give him hell!!!!!!!

Shebby has been told and told and better told that the supporters wont accept another experiment. He claims that he took advise to listen to footballing people and that is what he is doing, Shearer, Holloway, Hill and countless others ALL want the job. However he wants as stated weeks ago to groom the next best thing

We told him Friday in quite a heated exchange if he screws this up then there is no way back for ither he or the owners. He stated that 10 supporters would all name a different manager and this is the measure of the task in hand. We countered and said its not about individual choices of supporters, but he needs to appoint an experienced Manager who the supporter base would generally accept. We was strong in putting this point across and have spent most of the weekend and today reiteratiing the mood amongst the supporters.

This "Shebby is our friend Lark" Is so far from the truth, we have open dialogue with the club and dont hold back in putting across concerns. I always said from day 1 , if the supporters wanted rid of Kean then Shebby was the guy to put your weight behind. Had he not come then Kean would still be here. However thats were our support of him ends, we have always stated that to him that he has the chance to repair these bridges, but our loyalties remain firmly with the supporters and the clubs long term future.

We have today issued a press release in the last hour , spelling out concerns which are flooding our inbox from our membership base. We aint gone soft and we aint gonna roll over and have our bellies tickled. I like so many of you , am tearing my hair out especially as I know so many (spoken to them personally) who want this job.

Its time now for Shebby and the owners to deliver for the supporters or face the dire consequences this may have on the future of the club and the supporters ability to continue to go to ewood

Glen has tweeted to say Shebby has said he is taking advice from football people. Too bloody right he should. It's ridiculous that our fans can contact him and try to influence his decisions. It's another reason why we look like such a shambles. Would any other club operate in that way??? No!! Leave the man to make a football decision based on football advice and if he gets it wrong THEN give him hell!!!!!!!

The problem is our last appointment was made on advice from a "football person (s) offering football advice" as well as advice on how to run the club from the boardroom down. That didn't work did it.

Rather than dismissing fans voices taking them into account should be done and have a small part to play in the final decision.

The problem is there are people within and out of the club structure that are not working in the best interests of the club.

Venky's being the owners (on paper at least) had a great chance to start with a clean slate once Kean resigned by ridding the club of his cohort's, for some reason they are quite happy to leave them in place, so begs the question in whose interests are Venky's making decisions for.

Spot on. You live and die by your own decisions, fan interference is probably a factor in the delay as it is. Gazza got more votes than Pardew in the last manager request poll in the local rag in Newcastle.

Correct Ricky. The Club appoint the manager, not the fans as a whole or Glen Mullan in particular nor should they.

If the Club want to run a poll and take heed of the results that's about as far as any fan input should go. Although as we've seen in this case results are fairly evenly split between a number of candidates.

On a personal level I'd be desperately disappointed if McKinlay were to be appointed. However if he was, Glen and his supporters group should throw their support full square behind him.

If this was John Williams we were talking about then yes, you'd trust him to get advice from proper footballing people and come to decision.

But the problem is that the 'footballing people' that Shebby is talking to probably have their own interests in mind. You only have to look back to Kean's appointment where the owners took advice from 'footballing people', where did that leave us?

• Moderation Lead

I don't give a sh1t who is mates with who at the club. As long as we get a f***ing manager in the end.

Can't say I've high hopes though. Shebby seems to be as bad as the the lunes from Pune.

If Shebby is indeed being guided by "football people" it would be interesting to know who the Kean recommended McKinlay to him enough for them to actually make a keaning approach! Seems I underestimated Venky's cluelessness and ability to Kean things up.

. However he wants as stated weeks ago to groom the next best thing

I know we heard this some time ago. Was it repeated, by Shebby, in your Friday meeting?

Shebby has been told and told and better told that the supporters wont accept another experiment. He claims that he took advise to listen to footballing people and that is what he is doing, Shearer, Holloway, Hill and countless others ALL want the job. However he wants as stated weeks ago to groom the next best thing

We told him Friday in quite a heated exchange if he screws this up then there is no way back for ither he or the owners. He stated that 10 supporters would all name a different manager and this is the measure of the task in hand. We countered and said its not about individual choices of supporters, but he needs to appoint an experienced Manager who the supporter base would generally accept. We was strong in putting this point across and have spent most of the weekend and today reiteratiing the mood amongst the supporters.

This "Shebby is our friend Lark" Is so far from the truth, we have open dialogue with the club and dont hold back in putting across concerns. I always said from day 1 , if the supporters wanted rid of Kean then Shebby was the guy to put your weight behind. Had he not come then Kean would still be here. However thats were our support of him ends, we have always stated that to him that he has the chance to repair these bridges, but our loyalties remain firmly with the supporters and the clubs long term future.

We have today issued a press release in the last hour , spelling out concerns which are flooding our inbox from our membership base. We aint gone soft and we aint gonna roll over and have our bellies tickled. I like so many of you , am tearing my hair out especially as I know so many (spoken to them personally) who want this job.

Its time now for Shebby and the owners to deliver for the supporters or face the dire consequences this may have on the future of the club and the supporters ability to continue to go to ewood

Glen - I have a recollection that you tweeted that there was a contract on the table for a perspective manager to sign. Did he reject it, is the offer still open - will he be unveiled on Wednesday ? Also, Shebby told a supporter prior to the Derby match to expect an appointment by Wednesday - how likely is this ?

We don't want a proven coach we want a proven manager. Ray Harford, Brian Kidd, Steve Kean represent a catalogue of disaster we would rather not see again.

However I'm sure the decision will be based on the time honoured business tradition from that neck of the woods 'eez betta... eez cheepa'.

We don't want a proven coach we want a proven manager. Ray Harford, Brian Kidd, Steve Kean represent a catalogue of disaster we would rather not see again.

However I'm sure the decision will be based on the time honoured business tradition from that neck of the woods 'eez betta... eez cheepa'.

It is interesting - in my times at Rovers I can only think of a few really successful managers :-

Howard Kendall

Kenny Dalglish

Graeme Souness

Mark Hughes

That is in over 30 years of watching Rovers - a couple in the post Kendall era did ok on very limited budgets - and you can possibly add Tony Parkes to the list for saving us from relegation in a couple of occasions - but it does show how difficult a job it is.

although it is true there is no unanimous favorite that would 100% satisfy every fan, the one single thing that every single fan would agree on is that they don't want somebody with even the remotest association with Kean(or SEM), other than that i think we would all be at least content with any of the other potential managers mentioned lately.

Either that, or my fear that they want someone who wont/can't demand full control of all footballing affairs. I just can't see them accepting that.

This just proves to me what I've suspected for a while ... that Shebby isn't here to work for the good of the club, he's in it for himself.

It's an ego trip for him; If any of the Portuguese no marks HE signed make an impression he'll swan around proclaiming to all and sundry that HE discovered them.

He wants to appoint an untried, unproven manager a la Sherwood/McKinlay so that, should they be a success, HE can proclaim to all his 'football people' mates that HE was the one who discovered their ability, HE was the one who gave them their chance.

This clown is playing Championship Manager 2013 with OUR football club and it has to stop. He seems so immersed in his own ego, position of power and apparent untouchability from Venky's and he has to be made to realise that the wellbeing of the club and the town should be his priority, not his ability to boast to a group of know nothing sycophants that he single handedly discovered X, Y and Z.

At the end of the day, there's more than the emotions of thousands of fans at stake, there's the livelihoods of people both connected to the club and connected to the town itself. God knows, enough damage to our reputation as a club and our town has been done in the last two years, if the people who matter get this one wrong, it may well take us beyond the point of no return.

Herein lies the probable truth - lots of experienced managers, SS gets excited, Mrs D she says no, as they will want to do it their way, when in fact we have been so keaning successful since we took over, we will continue to ba**s it up our way - not having those pesky fans telling us what to do!

This just proves to me what I've suspected for a while ... that Shebby isn't here to work for the good of the club, he's in it for himself.

It's an ego trip for him; If any of the Portuguese no marks HE signed make an impression he'll swan around proclaiming to all and sundry that HE discovered them.

He wants to appoint an untried, unproven manager a la Sherwood/McKinlay so that, should they be a success, HE can proclaim to all his 'football people' mates that HE was the one who discovered their ability, HE was the one who gave them their chance.

This clown is playing Championship Manager 2013 with OUR football club and it has to stop. He seems so immersed in his own ego, position of power and apparent untouchability from Venky's and he has to be made to realise that the wellbeing of the club and the town should be his priority, not his ability to boast to a group of know nothing sycophants that he single handedly discovered X, Y and Z.

At the end of the day, there's more than the emotions of thousands of fans at stake, there's the livelihoods of people both connected to the club and connected to the town itself. God knows, enough damage to our reputation as a club and our town has been done in the last two years, if the people who matter get this one wrong, it may well take us beyond the point of no return.

Seems more like Championship Manager 2 to be more precise!

wow! Alex Jones's new look on the one show actually makes her look quite sexy.

(sorry, can't believe i just typed that, ban me if you must)

Archived