BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

I just cant believe some rovers fans think/want us to lose.

There is a difference between thinking and wanting. Also like there is a difference between blind faith and realism.

Most people on here hope we win but suspect we'll get beat. I'm sitting on the fence and saying draw.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I know ZERO about the guy, but I'd be interested to see how Rosado would get on. He's making the bench which suggests he can at least be relied upon as back-up. But how good IS he? If at all?

I expect to see some changes from Berg for this match as I think he isn't happy with some players. I will go for Robinson, Henley, Dann, Givet, Olsson, Vukcevic, Murphy, Etuhu, Rochina, Gomes, Rhodes

It really is frustrating, because on the paper we have a good enough squad to get promotion. Etuhu and Murphy should have been good additions and a midfield pairing good enough for the Championship.

There we go again. Despite there hardly being 1 game all season that we have dominated the game and deserved to win our squad is still being touted as some sort of Super-Squad - not a squad full of players on the decline or unproven.

A lad this morning said to me that we should have dominated Palace in the middle of the park as there was only Zaha in midfield he had heard of. Just because you don't know the Championship players it doesn't mean they are inferior to our players.

There we go again. Despite there hardly being 1 game all season that we have dominated the game and deserved to win our squad is still being touted as some sort of Super-Squad - not a squad full of players on the decline or unproven.

A lad this morning said to me that we should have dominated Palace in the middle of the park as there was only Zaha in midfield he had heard of. Just because you don't know the Championship players it doesn't mean they are inferior to our players.

Incredible really. When was the last time a game of football was played on paper. On the evidence of Saturday our squad is completely average, and one that got absolutely murdered by an organised, strong and generally decent Palace side. Their two wingers are very impressive. Or did we just make them look good?

Guest Rovers4Good

Thinks it's a similar team to Sat but with Rochina in for Richards and i think (not 100%if it's Formica but Pedis defo not in starting 11) but Formica in for Pedersen :)

• Backroom

I'm sure Shebby will be texting the team to certain of his worshippers soon who then tweet/text it and make it common knowledge hours before KO just as they did at Derby /Palace, Nixon even had it spoon fed to him for Friday night's deadline

Didn't that article just tell the truth about Orr? Ie: He's kean at defending, so Berg was giving youth a chance. Orr can claim all he likes that he didn't know he was out, but that's BS. Players will be told Friday afternoon that they're playing the next day, surely?

I'm sure Shebby will be texting the team to certain of his worshippers soon who then tweet/text it and make it common knowledge hours before KO just as they did at Derby /Palace, Nixon even had it spoon fed to him for Friday night's deadline

The guy's a liability, he loves attention, seemingly.

Didn't that article just tell the truth about Orr? Ie: He's kean at defending, so Berg was giving youth a chance. Orr can claim all he likes that he didn't know he was out, but that's BS. Players will be told Friday afternoon that they're playing the next day, surely?

The players know at 12 noon the day before a game the starting 11 as well as the subs.

Guest Rovers4Good

By and large you'd prefer not to Let on to the opposition who's playing and who isn't until the last possible moment.

NIxon's whistle-blower wasn't Orr I can tell you that for a fact

Yeh sure and understood :)

If you wish to know the teams then PM me :)

Thinks it's a similar team to Sat but with Rochina in for Richards and i think (not 100%if it's Formica but Pedis defo not in starting 11) but Formica in for Pedersen :)

No idea why Pedersen would not be in the team. He's a country mile better than Marcus Olsson. All I can think is that they consider him due to his pace. He's useless other than that.

CKR should be dropped but were absolutely crying out for a big rough striker up front with Rhodes. The ball just did not stick up there in the Palace game.

Morten could take one good free kick and that on its own would be the equivalent of six months play from the weak Argentinian Formica.

Was at Huddersfield for the opening of their stadium against Rovers when we had just won the league. Been there since three times all watching Wigan RLFC. Sold out the 'away' end this year for the Challenge Cup game. Single tier, good roof, should make for a good atmosphere with a decent following.

There's a decent pub on Leeds Road, adjacent to the stadium, White Rose or Yorkshire Rose, can't just remember which. The Geoge is also ok in the town centre right opposite the railway station and steeped in Rugby League history.

Car parks - if you Google (maps) the town centre, there's a type of circular inner ring road around the immediate town centre itself. At seven and eight o'clock there are two car parks. A quick walk through the town centre and then down Leeds Road to the ground. Also parking down the side road immediately before the aforementioned pub on Leeds Road but you may have to be early.

No idea why Pedersen would not be in the team.

You don't seriously need to ask that question do you jimmy?

All that South Coast air must be getting to you!

Pedersen is a lazy so and so who offers nothing whatsoever over the 90 minutes in open play. Nor has he done for many seasons.

The only contribution he makes is from the occasional set piece. And even those are very hit and miss. Far more miss than hit.

If it's only taken Berg just over 45 mins to suss out Pedersen, good on him.

Archived