BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Something more important happened today.

den

In the big scheme of things, Henning Berg's appointment isn't that important. Finally we've moved from a club where the manager ruled over everyone. We've moved away from a club which was tearing itself apart. Hopefully - and I believe this is the truth - we are now well on the way to having back a structure that can take the club forwards again. Make no mistake here, and we all know it really, while Kean was allowed the reins that he was, the club was dieing. We just need Shaw to step up to the plate and become the managers best friend. Shaw must become to Berg, what John Williams was to every manager. He must back him and support him every way that he possibly can. Shaw has a big part to play here, because he is the one that can bring this club back together again. Shaw must flex his muscles and take control.

If Henning Berg doesn't cut the mustard, he can be replaced, but at least if that happens, and the club returns to being a well run, well respected club, the future can still be good.

• Backroom

Until Venky's go I personally do not believe the club will make any significant progress. They've shown time and time again they have no idea how to run a club and are unable to learn from their mistakes. The 5 week manager search and appointment of a clown like Shebby Singh to a position as preposterous as 'global advisor' is just further proof of how inept they are as owners.

We might be okay on the pitch, but off it I only believe things will significantly improve when the Indians pack up and leave.

You can say all this, but @bradleyorr on twitter is currently having a pop in a totally unprofessional manner at rovers fans.

Maybe the new manager or Mr Shaw could discuss this at training with Mr Orr tomorrow !!

Berg hates Players talking on social media.

The jury's still out on the bigger issues.

Shebby's still around and I just cannot believe he won't want input into team affairs.

Maybe he's incorrect but Alan Nixon says more Portuguese are on the way and there's currently a group of Indian youth players over.

Yes, Henning's here but he stated only a few months ago that no credible manager would accept the post.

Maybe a nice pay cheque has changed his mind.

Sorry but I just can't get into all the happy clapping just yet.

You can say all this, but @bradleyorr on twitter is currently having a pop in a totally unprofessional manner at rovers fans.

Maybe the new manager or Mr Shaw could discuss this at training with Mr Orr tomorrow !!

Bradley Orr could well become the next Keith Andrews - if he isn't already.

Firmly pledged his allegiance to Team Kean and is now on a bit of a limb. I expect he's being baited though by equally brainless Rovers fans.

• Backroom

Bradley Orr could well become the next Keith Andrews - if he isn't already.

Firmly pledged his allegiance to Team Kean and is now on a bit of a limb. I expect he's being baited though by equally brainless Rovers fans.

The bottom line sums it up for me

Seeing the abuse some of them get on twitter I'm not surprised sometimes they snap back

Some of the comments aimed at CKR on Saturday were a disgrace

Edit: having read it Orr had said nothing wrong and yet people want to have a pop at him, fans at fault not him this time

The bottom line sums it up for me

Seeing the abuse some of them get on twitter I'm not surprised sometimes they snap back

Some of the comments aimed at CKR on Saturday were a disgrace

Would appear CKR has just blocked someone I would hardly call brainless....

• Backroom

Would appear CKR has just blocked someone I would hardly call brainless....

As is his right surely?

Seeing that maybe its in error but he doesn't owe it to anyone to have access to his twitter

Personally I hope Berg makes them all come off the thing

As is his right surely?

Seeing that maybe its in error but he doesn't owe it to anyone to have access to his twitter

Personally I hope Berg makes them all come off the thing

Your right.

Just think a little more decorum could be employed.

Some of the language used by the said victims can be more aggressive than the attacker.

Rightly or wrongly they do in public reflect back onto the club.

• Backroom

Anyone who does follow me on twitter will notice the hypocrisy of me saying players shouldn't be on twitter whilst discussing Nandos with Raheem Hanley but in general I think it does more harm than good.

Especially in cases like CKR when he appears to have an attitude as is

Venky's are still a long way from righting their wrongs but things are slowly improving.

Compared to last season there is a layer of management between Pune and the manager. Now, at long last, we have a proper manager who the fans can identify with.

I'd now love to see Singh move into the background and let Berg and Shaw get on with the day to day running of the club.

Anyone who does follow me on twitter will notice the hypocrisy of me saying players shouldn't be on twitter whilst discussing Nandos with Raheem Hanley but in general I think it does more harm than good.

Especially in cases like CKR when he appears to have an attitude as is

With you all the way Tom, on the whole it's a positive social media outlet 99% of the time.

Until Venky's go I personally do not believe the club will make any significant progress. They've shown time and time again they have no idea how to run a club and are unable to learn from their mistakes. The 5 week manager search and appointment of a clown like Shebby Singh to a position as preposterous as 'global advisor' is just further proof of how inept they are as owners.

We might be okay on the pitch, but off it I only believe things will significantly improve when the Indians pack up and leave.

Me too, we're only going in one direction whilst they own the club. Venkies Out, Out, Out.

Edit: having read it Orr had said nothing wrong and yet people want to have a pop at him, fans at fault not him this time

Writing "do one bell end" and "#tit" for the world to see, to two of his clubs fans doesnt reflect well. And ranting about how people only have so many followers and to "come back when you've got 100", how embarrassing is that?! Why doesn't the guy just block them instead of getting into petty arguments?

In the big scheme of things, Henning Berg's appointment isn't that important. Finally we've moved from a club where the manager ruled over everyone. We've moved away from a club which was tearing itself apart. Hopefully - and I believe this is the truth - we are now well on the way to having back a structure that can take the club forwards again. Make no mistake here, and we all know it really, while Kean was allowed the reins that he was, the club was dieing. We just need Shaw to step up to the plate and become the managers best friend. Shaw must become to Berg, what John Williams was to every manager. He must back him and support him every way that he possibly can. Shaw has a big part to play here, because he is the one that can bring this club back together again. Shaw must flex his muscles and take control.

If Henning Berg doesn't cut the mustard, he can be replaced, but at least if that happens, and the club returns to being a well run, well respected club, the future can still be good.

I am sorry but you have lost me. How is the appointment an unproven ex player a sign that things are all going to become rosy. It feels to me quite the opposite, that incompetence is still the order of the day. Given the managerial fare on offer Berg seems like a poor choice, to me. I wish him well and I think he CAN do well. His appointmenet does not fill me with fear like a McKinlay or Ali appointment might but neither does it excite me like a Holloway would have. As for replacing him, well you saw how that went with a man, sorry slug, that was totatlly incompetent. Sadly underwhelmed but good luck Henning, you will need it.

Orr having a pop, well if Berg IS a decent manager Orr won't be getting another look in so Kiss my arse and don't let the door hit yours Bradley.

In the big scheme of things, Henning Berg's appointment isn't that important. Finally we've moved from a club where the manager ruled over everyone. We've moved away from a club which was tearing itself apart. Hopefully - and I believe this is the truth - we are now well on the way to having back a structure that can take the club forwards again. Make no mistake here, and we all know it really, while Kean was allowed the reins that he was, the club was dieing.

How is most of that something that happened 'today', in line with your thread title? Surely it happened when Kean left?

The fights are all still there.

But we have appointed somebody whom I believe to be clean and bigger, tougher and smarter than the three fools ostensibly in charge.

Berg is also more in touch with English football as it stands today than any of those clowns and a very encouraging sign is that Redknapp had seen enough players of quality buried in our massive squad to make him feel 100% certain of achieving promotion.

However, the present ownership and off-field management set-up remains nothing but an enormous handicap to the new manager.

However, the present ownership and off-field management set-up remains nothing but an enormous handicap to the new manager.

Venky's don't like wasting money so why can't they see that Shaw, Agnew and Singh's roles could be performed by one man ? Too many chiefs fighting their own little battles led to the dithering of the managerial appointment over the past 5 weeks and there is no doubt they will all want to have their own say with the new manager. If I were Berg I would make clear to them and the owners that I would deal with one man only and the other 2 should keep out of the way.

I think a few of you are thinking that I believe that everything's now all sweetness and light. Well far from it.

How is most of that something that happened 'today', in line with your thread title? Surely it happened when Kean left?

No, it didn't and that's my whole point. The only thing that happened when Kean left, was that errr... Kean left. As joyful as that was, it actually changed nothing. A lot of the fans argued throughout this whole sorry chapter that the Raos had to change the way they were working. The club structure had been decimated and for those fans there could be no rebuilding of our club until Kean left. Kean leaving was simply the first, absolutely necessary step. Once Kean had gone then it remained to be seen whether the club would still want to continue down the old route of appointing an inexperienced coach and certain "people" providing the players for him. Over the past couple of weeks Singh was still pushing the idea that he wanted a young manager that could be nurtured into working the Venky's way.

So like I said, when Kean left nothing at that point changed.

I am sorry but you have lost me. How is the appointment an unproven ex player a sign that things are all going to become rosy.

It isn't a sign - and to this discussion it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter whether Berg is successful, or not. What does matter is that with the appointment of someone "like" Berg, the axis of evil has been split apart. No more will we have a manager whos simple existence at the club prevents the club from moving back towards the kind of structure that's vital. No more - and this is important - will we have a manager who can still be influenced- and was still, in my opinion, being influenced by Jerome Anderson.

Quote Jim Mk2:-

Venky's don't like wasting money so why can't they see that Shaw, Agnew and Singh's roles could be performed by one man ? Too many chiefs fighting their own little battles led to the dithering of the managerial appointment over the past 5 weeks and there is no doubt they will all want to have their own say with the new manager. If I were Berg I would make clear to them and the owners that I would deal with one man only and the other 2 should keep out of the way.

Spot on Jim and that was part of my first post. When I said that Shaw had to step forward, I meant exactly what Jim's saying. For the future well being of the club and to enable it to take the next step to recovering it's credibility, then Shaw needs to win any probable battle with Singh. We must have Berg reporting to Shaw, and Shaw reporting to the owners. Simple and effective. I don't see any role for Singh now. If there has to be a role, he can become Global attache [thanks Bob] over the non footballing side.

So what changed yesterday? Well we made one small, but one giant step in moving away from the nightmare of the last two years. I see it as the penultimate scene where the stake is thrust into the heart of Dracula. The final scene might now be playing out where the last thrust is ridding us of two parts of the axis of evil. Once that's done, we have a chance.

I also believe that in ten years time rovers fans will look upon this last two years as the most horrendous in our entire history. It will seem like we were run by the mafia. For Kean and Anderson, see Tony and Chris. In ten years time there will be no balming the fans for anything that went on.

interesting that the venkys ideal way of running the club - was actually the john williams way.

nurture homegrown talent and mix it with older pros. then sell a homegrown player every couple of years to balance the books..

what a crying shame they listened to kean/anderson. it's cost them about 30M

Archived