BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys London Limited - Accounts

AndyNeil

I agree, its not a useless thread to discuss the financial situation of our current finances and the VH groups ability or willing to fund them.

If the Venkys India accounts are their only source of income then they definitely do not have a pot to kean in and would be worth around a 6th of the Walkers trust. However, I don't believe this is the case, as outlined by Nick Harris.

I assume the Venkys India part of their business is the India market and frozen chicken nugget part which is going to be a low profit margin kind of business and is consistent with the increase in revenue not yielding an increase in profits. The pharmaceutics side will be profitable though and add in their activities in Vietnam, Brazil and Zurich and then its not beyond the realms of possibility that they have a group with a total revenue of 1 billion dollars, probably more.

I think its therefore consistent to say they would have £23 million to buy the club and £10-20 million available to place into the club annually if necessary but that they are not obviously not wealthy enough to do what a number of billionaire owners have done in recent years.

They mean structural long term debt but there are still short term debts and many more being added this season. Which is why its important to know how this is being funded and what the owners intentions are if we do not get promoted this season.

Do venkys own rovers. If not, who does?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do venkys own rovers. If not, who does?

Venkys own Venkys and Venkys own Rovers. Philipl is saying they own them but with shadowy interests providing the capital even though Venkys theoretically have the capital themselves.

Rovers are losing 2.3 million pounds a month at the moment.

This, however, sums up why they have been bad owners in allowing Kean, Vinny Rao and Anderson to construct a squad that is bloated with players useless or not suited to the English game. Coupled with bad management and subsequent relegation, Kean and Agnew fulfilled their own interests and we get this situation.

Venkys own Venkys and Venkys own Rovers. Philipl is saying they own them but with shadowy interests providing the capital even though Venkys theoretically have the capital themselves.

This, however, sums up why they have been bad owners in allowing Kean, Vinny Rao and Anderson to construct a squad that is bloated with players useless or not suited to the English game. Coupled with bad management and subsequent relegation, Kean and Agnew fulfilled their own interests and we get this situation.

can anyone see Venkys standing this ever increasing debt or the debt just increasing more in an ever increasing vicious circle...so where will it end

Just remember Philip saw the bank account that Uncle Syed had in the 'holding account' ready to buy us :wacko:

For now.... I think nobody on here knows anything about how much Venkys are worth. I think the fact we managed to break our transfer record, suggests they aint as skint as some people would like to make us all believe.

Just remember Philip saw the bank account that Uncle Syed had in the 'holding account' ready to buy us :wacko:

For now.... I think nobody on here knows anything about how much Venkys are worth. I think the fact we managed to break our transfer record, suggests they aint as skint as some people would like to make us all believe.

eh! how did we manage that by buying Rhodes?

What is interesting is that Rovers (and Bolton and Wolves) have fallen between the Championship agents' fees 2011/12 report and the Premier League 2011/12 agents' fees report. So we'll never know how much we spent on agents last year, bearing in mind that 2010/11 was over £4m up from £600k.

according to this the Swiss vaccine plant is now not happening, pity theres some good football agency offices there that could have helped them out,

http://103.1.112.210...in-England.html

"The group, however, has given up plans, at least for the time being, to set up a vaccine manufacturing unit in Switzerland due to cost reasons, Rao said. For the same reason it put off its global sourcing plan, which envisaged sourcing maize from Brazil and soya from Argentina. These are critical ingredients in poultry feed and account for 70% of the cost."

Think you'll find the 8 mill fee is on a drip feed and my major worry is if a substantial bid comes in for Rhodes in Jan by a Sunderland or Newcastle

My main concern with Jordan is although you could probably argue the 45k a week played a major role in him coming here, he probably would jump at the chance of playing in the premier league on 25k a week.

In a screwed up, crazy way, I'm worried Jordan wants to perform so much that he would be tempted to join a Newcastle or Sunderland on less money than what he is on now.

JR cant go anywhere as Ricky has already pointed out.

Should he go next summer, which HE WONT, then I would imagine he will have already proved himself at this level and his price will have doubled.

He has some very close family links to Rovers so im confident he is going nowhere anytime soon.

• Backroom

Should he go next summer, which HE WONT, then I would imagine he will have already proved himself at this level and his price will have doubled.

He has some very close family links to Rovers so im confident he is going nowhere anytime soon.

Problem is change a few words and this whole post could be that of that Terriers fan here in summer saying no way Rhodes would leave as he didn't care about money and was loyal to the club etc

With Rhodes we know he can score goals but he needs to develop his all round game to become a Premier League player.

Last year we had another goalscorer in Yakubu but he had a better touch, more strength, more intelligence and better hold up play than Rhodes.

Rhodes can do something many can't, score goals. However he will need to add more to his game.

I think he believed he was coming to a club that was almost certain to go back up, so he may well get itchy feet and ask for a move if we fail to achieve promotion, which does look very, very unlikely.

Absolutely. Whether they own us or not, I just cannot seeing them standing for the growing debt. Whether it is incompetence, corruption or both, the situation is the same come June if the Rovers have messed up promotion. Administration and a fire sale would get them back most of their money, and leave us with a return to Chesterfield away and a dwindling fan base.

They're welcome to come in with a bid for him as we're not allowed to sell him in January as he can't play for 3 clubs in a year.

[/quote0

are you sure

[Absolutely. Whether they own us or not, I just cannot seeing them standing for the growing debt. Whether it is incompetence, corruption or both, the situation is the same come June if the Rovers have messed up promotion. Administration and a fire sale would get them back most of their money, and leave us with a return to Chesterfield away and a dwindling fan base.

if I was a non fan who owned the club and that was the situation come June that is exactly would I'd do and exactly what any business would do

your correct with the 3 club rule but don't rule out a move in the summer if we don't get promoted ...loyalty in football don't make me laugth..as come June if we don't get promoed with an evcer increasing debt and don't forger JR not being paid for ( it's on the drip ) if someone comes in with 12 Mill or so in the prem he is gone believe you me thats without a doubt...

• Backroom

With Rhodes we know he can score goals but he needs to develop his all round game to become a Premier League player.

Last year we had another goalscorer in Yakubu but he had a better touch, more strength, more intelligence and better hold up play than Rhodes.

Rhodes can do something many can't, score goals. However he will need to add more to his game.

I think he believed he was coming to a club that was almost certain to go back up, so he may well get itchy feet and ask for a move if we fail to achieve promotion, which does look very, very unlikely.

Spot on and its something I've touched on before when I said outside his goals he doesn't offer enough

It sounds very harsh when you take into account the goals he does score but he has to find a way to be not so anonymous until he receives that killer ball

Yak was fantastic at bringing the wingers into play as well

Rhodes has time on his side though, he's still only a pup.

Yakubu was a Nigerian 29 (so a real-life 40-odd), so his development was only heading in one direction.

As far as Jordan leaving Rovers, I'd like to think that he'll plan on spending a good 3/4 years with us before moving on.

That said, if somebody is silly enough to throw some stupid money at us in January, then the likelihood is that Venky's will cash in.

Hughesy, I don't know how many times I have corrected this mistaken recollection for you.

I have the June 2012 accounts so congrats to Venky's for getting them out in a timely fashion.

The £21m long term debt on 30 June 2012 is not a cause for congratulations though- that debt number is far far worse than anything I was speculating. That will push this year end's debt figure to at least at £45m if there are no significant player or other asset sales.

Short term debt is down reflecting the repayment of the Barclays loan.

There is a small overall profit but achieved through a net £22m profit on sale of players. The operating loss is I believe the worst in the club's history.

I am going to analyse the numbers in detail and will post on here when time permits.

Problem is change a few words and this whole post could be that of that Terriers fan here in summer saying no way Rhodes would leave as he didn't care about money and was loyal to the club etc

Problem is I know some of his family. His aunty worked as a director at Blackburn Council until just 2 weeks ago.... its not being biased, he has alot of things linked to him which makes perfect sense for him to stay at Rovers.

Problem is I know some of his family. His aunty worked as a director at Blackburn Council until just 2 weeks ago.... its not being biased, he has alot of things linked to him which makes perfect sense for him to stay at Rovers.

Like Phil Jones?

Like Phil Jones?

What happened to Phil? Does he get a game these days? There was a point last season where he was receiving a lot of media attention. That all seems to have died away now.

Hahaha , off to bed now laughing my fat arse off. Rhodes is going to stay because his aunty worked at the council. Hahahahaha we need a funniest post of the year . I've tears laughing and trying not to wake the wife.

Archived