BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact the whole backroom have been sacked means we will likely get an experienced name - novices are less likely to have a team they have stuck with and who they insist on bringing in.

The fact the backroom staff have been fired and the fact his reputation means he probably won't get another PL job for the time being means Hughes is a possibility.

• Backroom
Ade Boothroyd of Northampton. Knows the lower leagues and can manage on a shoestring.

We're shopping at Tescos now, not Waitrose.

Interestingly Jim a member of his back room team knows a bit about goalkeeping, a certain Tim Flowers if I'm not mistaken

If Solskjær didn't take the job two months ago he surely won't take it now. Too much craziness going on.

Souness remains my first choice.

Don't want Di Matteo but would be happy enough with Hughes back.

Definite no to Souness. The guy hasn't managed for six years and has been terrible for most of his career. He did well with us, though when we got promoted we were the best squad in the league (better than Fulham) and he was in a managerial purple patch.

Don't think he'd do a good job now though.

I don't want anyone who will end up having very positive memories of a time at the club being tarnished. So no Tugay or Souey or Hughes (although the latter two had some negatives, the general era was mostly great).

Someone with experience and a proper scouting/training system in place.

Havent a clue who though.

Archived