BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves vs Rovers

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think it was a dreadful performance at all given the circumstances. Wolves are a capable side....they just had a bad manager. Good point

I don't think so either, ok we we're woeful in the second half but I thought we were the better team most of the first half and a point away from home isn't bad at all.

Pedersen was shocking as per usual, the sooner he goes the better, the man's a liability.

Someone should shout that we had nuno gomes on the bench tonight. If the argument is he isnt fit then..........WHY IS HE ON THE BENCH IN THE FIRST PLACE

but not much sign of Shebby's other Portugese imports! If Morris gets on before Rosado i think he might as well go back to be a waiter in the Algarve

for me a good away point. first half play the ball on the floor and did ok. second half too many long high balls and we did not keep the ball well enough.

murphy is ok when he has the ball, but his legs have gone abd caanot defend. peds same thing his legs have gone. midfield needs some work on it. still a point away from home is ok

Thank you Gary And Terry 3 wins and a draw mean that we at least have a decent chance of a play off place. I think the biggest issue that needs to be resolved is the fitness of the team we look knackered in the last 15 mins of games

Fair comment. I agree Rochina and Vukcevic were the class acts. Lowe and Murphy didn't work and Gamst sadly looks on the downgrade. really disappointed with the performance but credit for Bowyer for digging out the points.

The substitutions cost us in the end. Rochina and Vukcevic were the only players who could keep hold of the ball and their good technique meant that players backed off them giving them more time to pick a pass. The guys who came on couldn't do this, were closed down and we lost the ball. We were also playing with ten men from the start as CKR was a total passenger and should have been subbed.

Thanks for steadying the ship Mr Bowyer. I fully anticipate the a return to the equivalent of the Costa Concordia in the coming weeks.

You were right with your first point.

Pointing out CKR as a passenger but not saying the same about Rhodes?

We lost 2 points tonight - which admittedly we didn't deserve - because we bottled it when it came to making tactical substitutions. Eliminated our outlet and attacking threat, and invited pressure resulting in their goal.

To be fair, his record over the 4 games would still have been enough to give him a longer stint, certainly in my eyes, but maybe he took his eye off the ball.

Bloody awful performance by Rovers.

Not one shot on goal, not one decent attack, not one sustained spell of pressure.

There was only one team tonight trying to impress a new manager and it wasn't us. Wolves can count themselves unlucky.

Kean had the best game for us but will have to get rid of that facial hair if he wants to be taken seriously.

Murphy was dire and Rhodes needn't have been on the pitch.

All in all, two mid-table teams and that's where they'll stay based on that evidence.

Welcome back.

Did you eventually find where Henley was?

I noticed that too. You would expect him to pretend to be a bit pleased about the new manager coming in but his lack of enthusiasm couldn't have been more evident.

Not sure that's anti-Appleton necessarily more just frustration at yet another change in management. If MA impresses they'll soon get on board.

Forgot to add that Rochina did his usual disappearing act in the second half. - little wonder he was taken off.

Bowyer has done well but he didn't have the team motivated tonight. We were never at the races.

Didn't get the Morris sub at all. Thought Vukcevic and Rochina were comfortably our best players until half time. They were at least causing Wolves problems and they are the type of players that very few Championship sides have.

Overall, can't complain given the performance. Wolves looked no better but we barely looked threatening in the second half. Rhodes had very little to play with up front so I dont think its really fair to single him out. Lowe didn't cut it and Gamst was off the pace.

Thought Murphy, Kane and Kean did well.

We have at least 11 footballers who are good enough to get promotion from this division. Its just making sure that they are all out there at the same time thats the problem.

When is Leon Best fit??

but not much sign of Shebby's other Portugese imports! If Morris gets on before Rosado i think he might as well go back to be a waiter in the Algarve

There is a MASSIVE difference between Shebbys kids and what nuno gomes can do. Just amazing he cant get a game

Fair play to Saunders when asked about the penalty. Blamed his winger for making the foul.

Then admitted he was gutted to leave behind people at Doncaster.

What a class act.

He's a class act in that respect. I met him a while ago and was majorly impressed by his attitude. Wether he's got the tactical wherewithal I can't comment but as a man I took to him right away, he's not full of his own @#/?.

Archived