BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves vs Rovers

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will probably come a time when I will be slating him but at the minute Jake Kean is a breath of fresh air, he is energetic, agile and commanding on crosses, I like the look of this lad he has plenty of spirit and i'm glad he got his chance, one positive from a dour match.

Lowe is league 1 standard...like playing with 10 as he can't tackle, pass nor break up play...makes me miss Andrews...sooner Venky's realizes that they will not make money on who they think is a "rising English international" the better....need a player in the mold of jermaine Jones or even the Axe...a midfielder who is strong in the tackle and allows our flair players to attack...do any of the Portugese garner a look ? looking forward to seeing what Appleton will do

Lowe is league 1 standard...like playing with 10 as he can't tackle, pass nor break up play...makes me miss Andrews...sooner Venky's realizes that they will not make money on who they think is a "rising English international" the better....need a player in the mold of jermaine Jones or even the Axe...a midfielder who is strong in the tackle and allows our flair players to attack...do any of the Portugese garner a look ? looking forward to seeing what Appleton will do

I think therein lies the danger with shebby's vision of an academy team. they don't all come good sadly and you need the experience even it costs more. you only have to look at the villa side to see what wouodl happen if Shebby had his way.

I did'nt realise who was partnering Murphy until about 40 minutes, Murphy played well I thought, some intelligent passes and picks up the ball from the defence and distributed it well tonight although he needs someone with him who can do a bit more than just run.

Terrible performance all round, how Murphy and Bower can be happy and talk that up is beyond me, lost count of the times we were caught in possession and carelessly giving the ball away, Michael Appleton's got hell of a job on creating a worthy team out of that shower...If he can he'll deserve every accolade going

Bring him in for our midfield. Dont think he plays a lot at WBA these days

Good player, but where would you put him? He has no defensive fibers in his body whatsoever and is best if he can roam and support the striker(s). Terrific on his day, just not sure he's what we need.

Is it just me or am I right in saying that Jason Lowe is the epitome of everything that's wrong with young British footballers today?

He can probably run 100 yards (in old money) in 10 seconds but other than that he is limited in the basics of being a competent footballer.

And just to think it's not that long ago that a certain Turkish maestro was showing us what a proper midfielder was all about.

Sad times - if he is a regular in the England Under 21's we haven't a cat in hells chance of getting anywhere near the final stages of the major championships.

There will probably come a time when I will be slating him but at the minute Jake Kean is a breath of fresh air, he is energetic, agile and commanding on crosses, I like the look of this lad he has plenty of spirit and i'm glad he got his chance, one positive from a dour match.

Weird kicking technique tho...

well, after a reasonable first half and a jammy penalty decision, we completely lost it in the second half and deserved to lose the lead. Wolves were there for the taking and i count this as two points dropped. Rhodes looked lively in the first half and should have put his chance away. Otherwise usual anonymous self and inability to hold the ball up heaps pressure on the midfield.

Wasn't too impressed with Kane at RB, Rochina did nothing in the second half and was deservedly taken off. Shame the guys who came on didn't impress. I usually defend MGP but he was woeful tonight. For all his faults Murphy at least shows for the ball and trys to keep possession. Lowe was poor again and makes me wonder how on Earth he gets in the England U21s.

Nevertheless a draw is better than nothing and keeps our unbeaten momentum going. I note we have taken the lead in each of those games and never fallen behind. Still think our confidence and spirit is fragile and if we have to chase the game we struggle.

Is it just me or am I right in saying that Jason Lowe is the epitome of everything that's wrong with young British footballers today?

He can probably run 100 yards (in old money) in 10 seconds but other than that he is limited in the basics of being a competent footballer.

And just to think it's not that long ago that a certain Turkish maestro was showing us what a proper midfielder was all about.

Sad times - if he is a regular in the England Under 21's we haven't a cat in hells chance of getting anywhere near the final stages of the major championships.

Not so long ago he was listed in top50 prospects in the world. Wow.

Absolutely woeful tonight from both teams. Happy with a point - have to learn to dig out results when you're not playing well. We really missed Josh King tonight, he is such an outlet for us.

I like Saunders as a person, but I think he'll be dreadful at Wolves. It was hit and hope stuff from them.

Absolutely woeful tonight from both teams. Happy with a point - have to learn to dig out results when you're not playing well. We really missed Josh King tonight, he is such an outlet for us.

I like Saunders as a person, but I think he'll be dreadful at Wolves. It was hit and hope stuff from them.

Why was King out?

Whilst Lowe didn't have the best of games i thought he actually produced a few long crossfield balls of real quality. Not sure why he is being picked on, the team looked hopeless for 20 minutes before then looking like we could tear them apart for a portion of the first half. 2nd half we sat too deep again and invited them on to us. Apart from the goal i would say we looked quite comfortable but i agree that Gomes should have been brought on for either Kaz or rochina. Understand why he brought morris on (to run his nads off and actually try to pressure the opposition, something that was needed) but it wasn't exactly a positive substitution.

Jake Kean looked way better than i had expected and i was really @#/? with Dann who gave the wolves player a "mid-five" instead of tearing him a new one after he went in on Kean :angry2:

Bowyer has done well, got the "rub of the green" in most games but tonight highlighted that there is still a lot of work to do...

Dreadful performance.

We didn't deserve a draw.

The players collectively looked defeated from the off. If that's their reaction to Appleton's appointment then we are @#/?.

Very few positives to take from tonight other than the result, really.

Oh, and Murphy's interview after the match, dear oh dear. "What do you think of Appleton's appointment?" "I don't really know anything about him."

What an endorsement from the captain.

Agree with all the above comments.

Firstly against physical teams we are just far too weak. Up front and in midfiel there is no physical presence.

Central midfield is woeful - Murphy for every nice pass he did (and there were some) there was an absolutely abject piece of defending. He makes Tugay look like Savage with his defending.

Worst player for me was Richards - dreadful. Selfish with the ball, and so, so lucky not to get sent off. At least 3 bookable offences plus lots of other persistant fouls. A big ego who offered absolutely nothing. Not good enough as either a striker or right winger imo. Was a total passenger all game.

Kane - the new lad - I wasn't too impressed with tbh. Certainly no better than Henley. Caught hopelessly out of position a few times, as well as a few comedic errors. Would've prefered Ribeiro (sp) to stay than this lad playing.

Overall we created little, and struggled against a physical wolves side. We won't get promoted until we toughen this team up considerably, or can retain possession to a much higher standard. Can't see either happening soon enough. Against less physical teams we've more than enough in the squad to beat them, but can't see this team grinding out wins vs. physical opposition.

Having said all of that, wolves were no great shakes. A couple of better substitutions and changing things a bit more in the second half and we easily should've held on.

As for Murphy's post match comments - sends out the wrong message to the team, the fans and the media. Blimey, couldn't have been less enthusiastic if he tried. Not at all professional, Appleton has a lot to do to get this lot onside.

Whilst Lowe didn't have the best of games i thought he actually produced a few long crossfield balls of real quality. Not sure why he is being picked on,

Not trying to pick on him, but playing along side Murphy, he needs to be the "engine " of the team....putting tackles in, breaking up play, surging runs when he has the chance....instead I saw him begging out of tackles, missed passes and never a threat to the opposition...think what Steven reid provided and that's what we need

Injured in training. Would like to see him and Nunes on the wings. I'm a big fan of Nunes.

Wasn't impressed with Kane tonight. Bang average.

Funny that.

Josh King got slated after his first game.

Give Kane chance.

As for Murphy's post match comments - sends out the wrong message to the team, the fans and the media. Blimey, couldn't have been less enthusiastic if he tried. Not at all professional, Appleton has a lot to do to get this lot onside.

He was just being honest. Is he meant to be delighted that the stability found under Bowyer has been disrupted by the MA appointment? If Appleton does well the players will get on board soon enough.

Archived