BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves vs Rovers

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually thought Kane did ok. Shows how opinions can differ.

tbf he did ok but was caught out a few times and Sako got behind him a couple of times. Going forward he was short on quality. Although Olsson was bang average tonight as well. That's a player that has gone stale at Blackburn.

Like many of you are saying, disappointed with the subs made tonight. Felt they impacted the game massively - negatively for us but positively for Wolves. My GUESS is that Morris was brought on to offer us a bit more cover on the left hand side with Gomes/Goodwillie being saved for later until Hanley had a problem and had to come off for the 3rd substitution instead. The loss of Rochina and Vukcevic was clear as soon as they left the pitch. Pedersen was woeful and I'm not sure how Kaz managed to last the whole 90mins. He was much more ineffective than Rochina and Vukcevic.

Don't know why Gomes hasn't been getting a look in recently but I would definitely have brought him on for Kaz about half way through the 2nd half. His footballing brain would have been invaluable whilst we were 1-0 up and even after we conceded.

We really seemed to struggle to get the ball forward to Rhodes. I felt we missed King tonight. One of those players who you don't realise you would miss until you actually have to. His speed on the counter would have been very useful.

As for Kane, I thought he played exactly how we were told to expect. Liked to get forward and made a number of useful runs but needs to improve his defending. He was OK. Definitely a modern day attacking full back but the sooner Henley is back, the better.

Final comment - Kean is an impressive young goalie IMO. The more I see of him, the better he looks. Probably because he is becoming more confident and more comfortable with more game time. Some good saves and commanded his area well.

Impressed with Kean tonight apart from 'losing' that corner which Murphy headed off the line.

As for the rest, I am really struggling.

Murphy, as captain, is an absolute disgrace with those comments. If you been doing enough to earn your vast contract, you wouldn't be on your fifth manager - IMO, the man's a clown.

CKR - does he have a brain - I think this guy needs drumming out of the club, a 'wrong un'.

Rhodes tucked away his penalty but boy, isn't he short of pace - will prevent him rising to the very top. Any comparisons with Shearer are simply ludicrous as Shearer 10 times the player.

Bowyer, tactically got it wrong with our subs. However, he's done a great job holding the fort and perhaps he is our new Tony Parkes.

Appleton has a lot of work to do and a feckin lot of asses and egos to kick !

Just got back from the game to read some of the comments on here. Anyone who thinks Murphy cannot play football is quite frankly, an idiot. He is by far our best player in terms of vision and the only one who seems to calm things down and put his foot on the ball. The problem is, he is an easy scapegoat and he hasn't really been utilised in the best way - sit him in front of the back four next to a Jermaine Jones/Robbie Savage type ball winner and he will dominate games.

A few more observations:

Kean can't kick but is a much better keeper than Robbo - but he does have a '@#/? name'

We missed King tonight.

Scott Dann looked like a real footballer for the first time.

Rochina and Vukcevic must start every game.

Pedersen's legs have gone.

Just got back from the game to read some of the comments on here. Anyone who thinks Murphy cannot play football is quite frankly, an idiot. He is by far our best player in terms of vision and the only one who seems to calm things down and put his foot on the ball. The problem is, he is an easy scapegoat and he hasn't really been utilised in the best way - sit him in front of the back four next to a Jermaine Jones/Robbie Savage type ball winner and he will dominate games.

A few more observations:

Kean can't kick but is a much better keeper than Robbo - but he does have a '@#/? name'

We missed King tonight.

Scott Dann looked like a real footballer for the first time.

Rochina and Vukcevic must start every game.

Pedersen's legs have gone.

Agreed with everything apart from Dann, he looked faultless untill he was at fault for ducking for the Wolves goal, it would help if we kept the same back four for a few games running and they can learn each others game.

Agreed with everything apart from Dann, he looked faultless untill he was at fault for ducking for the Wolves goal, it would help if we kept the same back four for a few games running and they can learn each others game.

Definitely. We struggled to deal with Wolves from set pieces - although most teams probably will. They are just a very poor man's Stoke City.

Impressed with Kean tonight apart from 'losing' that corner which Murphy headed off the line.

As for the rest, I am really struggling.

Murphy, as captain, is an absolute disgrace with those comments. If you been doing enough to earn your vast contract, you wouldn't be on your fifth manager - IMO, the man's a clown.

CKR - does he have a brain - I think this guy needs drumming out of the club, a 'wrong un'.

Rhodes tucked away his penalty but boy, isn't he short of pace - will prevent him rising to the very top. Any comparisons with Shearer are simply ludicrous as Shearer 10 times the player.

Bowyer, tactically got it wrong with our subs. However, he's done a great job holding the fort and perhaps he is our new Tony Parkes.

Appleton has a lot of work to do and feckin lot of asses and egos to kick !

Harsh. He's not been great but its hardly his fault that this club is in a complete mess. Would you rather the club captain actually voice some dissatisfaction or pretend that everything is great? Where is Bradley Orr anyway?

Appleton has a lot of work to do and feckin lot of asses and egos to kick !
Totally agree but fear we have too many mercenaries that will just shrug their shoulder and be happy to be dropped and still bank their ridiculous salaries every week.

We have a squad riddled with w'anchors that don't give two shiney shytes about the club we all love. The sooner we are rid of these parasites the better!

Harsh. He's not been great but its hardly his fault that this club is in a complete mess. Would you rather the club captain actually voice some dissatisfaction or pretend that everything is great? Where is Bradley Orr anyway?

As captain, you would assume the rest of the squad would listen to him.

Therefore, it's important to set an example.

As an experienced pro he might have said something like, 'Yep, we are all looking forward to working with Michael and hope we can maintain the momentum Gary has created"

We know things aren't great, even more so than Murphy as we've had 2 years of, IMO, total shyte.

His comments are hardly likely to keep the dressing room buzzing.

Kane

Is he able?

:) Seems like only you and I have read Genesis, Clitherover.

Anybody think Bowyer might get a taste for management and be off if any other club fancies taking a chance on him?

Yes. Ithink so. He may prove to be a good manager at another club.

Which match were you watching ? All the effort and passion came from Wolves.

Jim, which match were you watching? Rovers were by far the better side on the night. It was only the last 15 minutes after Wolves had equalised that Rovers came under the cosh a bit.

And, has it occurred to anyone that a manager may be forced into making a certain substitution by a player getting injured or slightly injured or tweaking a muscle or another of the many reasons? They are not all substituted because they are playing badly.

I'm looking forward to seeing what MA can do but don't expect him to wave an instant magic wand.

Same kind of performance that we've been witnessing for two years now. A squad lacking in so many departments - stamina, leadership, technique, pace, width, power, etc, etc.

Good luck MA, you have a difficult job here. It's going to take any manager quite some time to wheel and deal this lot into some kind of force.

I was quite impressed with the new right-back Onloan Fromchelsea he certainly has a good turn of pace and made a couple of good surging runs forwards. The game was rather dire in truth though, the only amusement from the first-half was the penalty incident. Which laughably the totally impartial folk on the telly box decided that it was a little "soft" presumably because the Wolves player "only" tried to hack off one of Ruben's two legs. Rhodes tucked away the penalty but in doing so unwisely used up his allotted four touches a game rule and thus spent the rest of the game running around in circles.

As for the inevitable Wolves equaliser, it came inevitably from a cross which we inevitably didn't defend very well. Although in all fairness to Scott Dann his duck can be somewhat forgiven for he clearly had to take evasive action due to a pesky flea, which would have surely left him needing another plaster if he hadn't. Besides perhaps you could argue that Martin Olsson was more at blame, then again I'll avoid the obvious conclusion that his mind was elsewhere and say that it was just bad defending all-round. That being said Wolves undoubtedly deserved something from the game and we didn't deserve to win so you can't really grumble too much. I like that Wolves player Sakho as well, he's exciting to watch at least he just loves dribbling around and around and around doesn't he, think he took it past about half our team on a couple of separate occasions thankfully there was no end product.

As captain, you would assume the rest of the squad would listen to him.

Therefore, it's important to set an example.

As an experienced pro he might have said something like, 'Yep, we are all looking forward to working with Michael and hope we can maintain the momentum Gary has created"

We know things aren't great, even more so than Murphy as we've had 2 years of, IMO, total shyte.

His comments are hardly likely to keep the dressing room buzzing.

It's not his comments that will have stopped the dressing room buzzing, did they looked buzzed when they came out to play? He is saying what every fan is feeling and it is plainly obvious that it is now starting to have an effect on the pitch, the owners and directors arer squashing the life out of this club with their constant bickering and infighting to the stage where it looks like the owners have had to do the job (and we know how that works out) and appoint a manager.

I am not putting Murphy on a pedestal but the guy has had a good career and like all other footballers he wants to play and win matches, he is the spokesperson and leader for our team and the way the team played mirrored his comments after the match, no heart , soul or effort.

Example has to come from the very top, we have no leadership off the pitch in the directors, we have no leadership in the owners with 4 owners who cant agree on anything with each other and it we have no leadership on the pitch, Bowyer seemed to install a new belief in the players, a common ground about what football is about, winning matches and they dont seem best pleased about him being replaced.

Modern day footballers are a different breed....more like movie stars.

I was quite impressed with the new right-back Onloan Fromchelsea he certainly has a good turn of pace and made a couple of good surging runs forwards. The game was rather dire in truth though, the only amusement from the first-half was the penalty incident. Which laughably the totally impartial folk on the telly box decided that it was a little "soft" presumably because the Wolves player "only" tried to hack off one of Ruben's two legs. Rhodes tucked away the penalty but in doing so unwisely used up his allotted four touches a game rule and thus spent the rest of the game running around in circles.

As for the inevitable Wolves equaliser, it came inevitably from a cross which we inevitably didn't defend very well. Although in all fairness to Scott Dann his duck can be somewhat forgiven for he clearly had to take evasive action due to a pesky flea, which would have surely left him needing another plaster if he hadn't. Besides perhaps you could argue that Martin Olsson was more at blame, then again I'll avoid the obvious conclusion that his mind was elsewhere and say that it was just bad defending all-round. That being said Wolves undoubtedly deserved something from the game and we didn't deserve to win so you can't really grumble too much. I like that Wolves player Sakho as well, he's exciting to watch at least he just loves dribbling around and around and around doesn't he, think he took it past about half our team on a couple of separate occasions thankfully there was no end product.

I did'nt look up his name untill you posted that.

Strange - a 2nd goal or the lack of a moments madness in defence and we would probably not be debating the lack of morale in the dressing room. Thought, as with a lot of our games lately, that we started shockingly and seemed unable to cope with an energetic and physical opposing team. Once we got the goal the energy and passion seemed to come naturally and we looked likely winners. I think the halftime teamtalk focussed too much on consolidating what we had as we seemed way more cautious in the 2nd half but still looked ok in defence, both before and after the abherration that was their equaliser.

Overall a typical rovers performance this season but we have a tendency to project our own feelings onto the players. What is always clear is that against physically strong teams we are going to get "beaten up" and none of our 4 managers this season have solved that particular problem.

As much as I thank Bowyer for the job he's done, he got it all wrong with the subs tonight. Completely wrong. Vukcevic and Rochina were our only outlets tonight and our creative forces. To take one off was bad enough, but two! Lets hope Appleton doesn't make the same mistakes. It really soured the evening for me, smells a bit dodgy as it just didn't make sense.

Jim, which match were you watching? Rovers were by far the better side on the night. It was only the last 15 minutes after Wolves had equalised that Rovers came under the cosh a bit.

Eh ? Wolves dominated us for 70 minutes so how do you see that ? There was only one winner of that match in the second half when we barely got out of our half !

Poor spectacle, flat atmosphere, scrappy performance, an away point at a club that was in the top flight last season, an away point at a club who many expected to benefit from the new manager "bounce", Appleton is handed the baton in the midst of an unbeaten run and a young keeper turns in another encouraging show.

Yet reading this thread could make the most dyed in the wool "Rovers Fan" feel like we'd just been grubbed by Burnley.

Yet reading this thread could make the most dyed in the wool "Rovers Fan" feel like we'd just been grubbed by Burnley.

Not surprising - we were awful. Rochina has one shot in the second half but apart from that we didn't have one attack on the Wolves goal !

While i'm annoyed we didn't manage to hold out for 3 points 1 is still good considering the performance and the fact kazim was not sent off as he was lucky to still be on the pitch at half time let alone full time.

Hopefully Appleton will be able to build on the recent good run.

Archived