BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves vs Rovers

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great sendoff for Bowyer. Three points were undone with a single substitution. Taking Vukcevic off at that stage was insanity and once we were overrun in midfield it was only a matter of time before Wolves scored. Up until that point I honestly felt they posed little threat. Taking off Rochina as well just compounded the error and threw away any chance we had of reclaiming a win.

I am probably the one who knows better what Nuno Gomes can do and he is perfect for 1-0 situations.

He controls the ball very well and he is very clever constructing the counter attack.

I can't understand why he was kept out again.

Anyway, a draw away is not bad.

• Backroom

Dreadful performance.

We didn't deserve a draw.

The players collectively looked defeated from the off. If that's their reaction to Appleton's appointment then we are @#/?.

Bowyer was also doing his best to lose us the game tonight. God knows why. Those substitutions were just incredible in their idiocy. Why the likes of Pedersen and Morris came on but Gomes stayed on the bench is a mystery to everyone except Bowyer and McPhillips.

Ultimately it's not a bad point, considering the team never got out of the starting blocks today and the caretaker seemed intent on weakening the team as the match went on. But if the aim is to get into the playoffs these are the type of games we really need to win.

Don't often do player ratings, but just for fun...

Kean - 7

Olsson - 5

Dann - 5

Hanley - 6

Kane - 4

CKR - 4

Murphy - 5

Lowe - 4

Rochina - 6

Vukcevic - 6

Rhodes - 6

Very few positives to take from tonight other than the result, really.

Thanks for the three games previous Gaz, but based on this performance maybe you're stepping down at the right time. A shame Appleton is the one replacing you.

Oh, and Murphy's interview after the match, dear oh dear. "What do you think of Appleton's appointment?" "I don't really know anything about him."

What an endorsement from the captain.

The substitutions cost us in the end. Rochina and Vukcevic were the only players who could keep hold of the ball and their good technique meant that players backed off them giving them more time to pick a pass. The guys who came on couldn't do this, were closed down and we lost the ball. We were also playing with ten men from the start as CKR was a total passenger and should have been subbed.

Thanks for steadying the ship Mr Bowyer. I fully anticipate the a return to the equivalent of the Costa Concordia in the coming weeks.

Watching this on (legal) norwegian TV2 Sumo stream and the commentator just lambasted Gamst and called him shocking since he came on. Hard to disagree. Also laughing at Murphy when defending saying he has been to easy to get around. How anyone can think that a midfield with Morris, Lowe, Murphy and Gamst will win you games is beyond me. Let's hope Appleton at least watched this on tv and has gotten some assurances that he will be able to bring in a couple of midfielders this window, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Oh...and Vukcevic and Rochina should start and play 90 mins from here on out unless they are injured as without them we have no creativity, no plan, no outlet etc etc. Jake Kean, Rochina, Vukcevic, King and Rhodes should be first on the teamsheet if they're fit - the rest you may tinker with as you please, mr Appleton, as it really doesn't make much difference on todays showing (apart from King but need his pace).

Rovers MotM: Jake Kean.

Thank you Gary And Terry 3 wins and a draw mean that we at least have a decent chance of a play off place. I think the biggest issue that needs to be resolved is the fitness of the team we look knackered in the last 15 mins of games

Oh, and Murphy's interview after the match, dear oh dear. "What do you think of Appleton's appointment?" "I don't really know anything about him."

What an endorsement from the captain.

I noticed that too. You would expect him to pretend to be a bit pleased about the new manager coming in but his lack of enthusiasm couldn't have been more evident.

Bloody awful performance by Rovers.

Not one shot on goal, not one decent attack, not one sustained spell of pressure.

There was only one team tonight trying to impress a new manager and it wasn't us. Wolves can count themselves unlucky.

Kean had the best game for us but will have to get rid of that facial hair if he wants to be taken seriously.

Murphy was dire and Rhodes needn't have been on the pitch.

All in all, two mid-table teams and that's where they'll stay based on that evidence.

Archived