BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's not good enough for Barca, he's definitely not good enough for us. :PYou have implied as much on several occasions. How can a player realize his potential without the right circumstances, den?

Rochina: 5 goals, 3 assists.

Murphy: 2 goals, 3 assists.

Lowe: 0 goals, 2 assists.

again you have too remember Rochina only played in about 15-20 games and id say half of them where from the subs bench, Don't get me wrong im not saying he's been amazing, just pointing out he actually contributed more than most of the 1st team players and has for being inconsistent-well who hasn't in this team, id say only Grant Hanley and Rhodes have been relatively consistent this season, at least Ruben has the excuse of being very young and miss-managed for most of his rovers career.

:PYou have implied as much on several occasions. How can a player realize his potential without the right circumstances, den?

I haven't got a clue what you're on about. Of course it's important that a player is given the right support/coaching - if that's what you're talking about.

Its as Kean as it ever will be.

Appleton needs to com out and admit he got it all wrong. Yet again he sends out a line up that is inadquately equippmed to cope. Posh should be wide open as they have to go for the win and the right set up would have murdered them. Playing Murphy Lowe and rekic is tantamount to suicide.

A complete KEAn up.

"Mr. E you complete **** you understand nothing about football and are the most negative person ever on these boards."

Yes, the manager, squad, owners are a problem. Tragically, there is an even bigger problem at Rovers.

• Backroom

No excuses today he got it badly wrong and some senior players really let the fans down again, in fact every single one of our players were inexcusably bad first half but he should have sorted it sooner

Best way to sort it is make sure murphy and Orr are finished at the club

Putting aside the fluke cup win at Arsenal, the past few weeks have seen dreadful league performances at Hull and Leicester, a limp home draw with Leeds and now today's debacle.

There's no point calling for Appleton to depart because the idiots in the boardroom will only appoint another non-entity.

However unless he can show some hitherto unrevealed managerial genius it's as plain as the nose on his ugly face that we have another lemon in the dugout.

As things stand, and assuming he continues to bring in more cheap unwanted cast-offs from other clubs in the summer we will have a relegation battle on our hands next season.

Putting aside the fluke cup win at Arsenal, the past few weeks have seen dreadful league performances at Hull and Leicester, a limp home draw with Leeds and now today's debacle.

There's no point calling for Appleton to depart because the idiots in the boardroom will only appoint another non-entity.

However unless he can show some hitherto unrevealed managerial genius it's as plain as the nose on his ugly face that we have another lemon in the dugout.

As things stand, and assuming he continues to bring in more cheap unwanted cast-offs from other clubs in the summer we will have a relegation battle on our hands next season.

we have one this season

Wow Appleton stating 'certain players were spineless' I am aghast, there is one thing thinking it but another saying it- lets see if this gets a reaction out of the players.

If he's said that...

GOOD.

• Backroom

Quotes pulled from the @OneRovers twittoh account:

" I won't be able to put that first half to bed for the rest of the season

It answered a few questions with certain people today. I think what happened today has been the problem over the previous five months. It is a division that you can grind results out if you are disciplined and organised and willing to put a shift in. There weren't players in that first half, that, for me, looked as if they were motivated to try and win a game of football."

Archived