BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

I back him in dropping Murphy, especially at a time when he's needed most. Appears to be a strong and principled manager which I admire. Whether he's good enough or not is another matter but he has my support for the foreseeable future given what he is battling against.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's this about Appleton getting the players fitter?

We're currently going through the biggest injury crisis in years and they're all niggles and strains. Injuries that could be attributed to poor preparation and analysis.

Of course it could just be down to bad luck.

I think they are fitter in that they actually lasted 93 mins on Sunday, the injuries came courtesy of a bunch of Sarf Lahhhndan thugs

Appleton was at Burnley last night with Darren Moore checking them out ahead of Sunday. He even took time out to speak to several of the Neanderthals and even shared a joke or two with them.

Stick or twist i'm afraid. I think defeat at Burnley and hes got to go.

QPR used to go through allot of managers at this level, if Warnock at leeds leaves over the summer would anyone take him?

I just hope he turns it around, but every result leaves me dying inside almost!

Most people seem too scared to admit it but the guys not got a chuffing clue.

Dire one dimensional, appalling football. Not a clue how to change games, cannot get a team to score goals whatsoever. Plays long ball after long ball and does not mix if up. Two goals in how many hours? He is NOT a manager. If Bowyer is willing to take the reigns get @#/? shot now. Clueless bald ####.

shocking, has to walk just has to walk.........blame the owners blame whoever get his excuses in early if he ever wants to work again because he;s getting sacked sooner than later

I hate saying anyone is as bad as kean just cause he was a nausiating slug and i've never hated anyone as much BUT tactically/ ability wise Appy is possibly worse somehow a lot worse

Seems we have yet another clueless manager. I was willing to give the guy time. He's shored us up at the back but we're playing the same attacking tactics we did under Kean. Hoof the ball up the pitch regardless of whether the opposition team is perfectly adapted to dealing with it. No plan B at all. Get it sorted Appleton or get out.

• Moderation Lead

Appleton was at Burnley last night with Darren Moore checking them out ahead of Sunday. He even took time out to speak to several of the Neanderthals and even shared a joke or two with them.

Presumably he asked Sean Dyche for advice on how to manage a football team, as he doesn't appear to know how.

Rovers just keep taking and have given me nothing.

Even when we get a glimmer of hope like this, it gets sh1t on by our own uselessness..

Everything can F**k off.

Guest Norbert

The great problem is that he has a long contract, and if he goes who the blinking heck would come in?

We'd be left with choosing between Judian Ali, Kerry Katona, Sooty or a bottle of White Lightning with a face painted on.

• Moderation Lead

I have been shot down on here for suggesting Appleton hasn't got a clue tactically but I hope others are starting to see it. I would sack him and agnew/shaw, get someone with experience.

We were lucky to get Appleton, nobody else will touch us with a 60ft pole IMO.....

This is what happens when clueless chicken farmers allow one of England's most historic clubs to be run by football agents, tv pundits, and shelf salesmen. There isn't a snowball big enough to take them all out.

• Backroom

The players are a HUGE part of the problem. This is the worst Rovers team in my lifetime by a massive margin, and probably in the last few decades at least. From top to bottom the playing staff are inadequate. No question about that.

HOWEVER. Appleton's tactics are absolutely pathetic, and even with our limited squad there is no excuse for playing football that Sam Allardyce couldn't dream up in his worst nightmares. Scoring goals will become a thing of the past if Appleton doesn't learn how to change tactics and fast, because this aimless hoofball plan he's currently concocted WILL suck us into the relegation zone as we will never, ever win whilst playing it. We may not score another goal this season if we don't change style.

gardening leave and Bowyer in charge if he's on a big contract....simply can't carry on sending teams out so far out of his depth

Not a manager, some people you know in an instant by just looking at them are'nt meant for their jobs.............fed up of the job being manager of blackburn rovers

Is it true that Appleton said something like dont concede too many and get hammered while we were 2 down at home at half time? If thats the case then its not hard to see where the negative dire performances come from.

Not exactly what you would call fighting spirit instilled into a team to give them desire to win is it.

If weren't already on our 5th manager I'd sack Appleton. Going nowhere fast gets worse weekly. Says all the right things but other than arsenal they've been a disgrace. As it is have to stick by him to avoid turning ourselves into a poison chalice. If not already one. This is a never ending hell.

Archived