BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

The latest podcast makes some great comments about Appleton and how he is going about it.

we dont have a god given right to be in the Premier League and fans need to be patience and give Appleton the time to built his squad and needs to be give next season pre-season and judge him from next season.

Appleton is trying to put back the Scouting, sports science and other departments back to where they should be. Kean got rid of most of this.

Appleton has a 4 or 5 years plan to get us back to where ALL Rovers fans want to be in the Premier League.

Sounds like a plan designed for Venkys to get the last of the parachute payments out whilst the fans are seduced by sucking on the managers words.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T

Appleton has a 4 or 5 years plan to get us back to where ALL Rovers fans want to be in the Premier League.

Kean me, some people will believe anything. How about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, believe in them as well?

"We'll be in the Champion's league in a few years, just gotta lease some players"

"Bear with us, we'll only marginally off-target for tenth ... <currently in 19th spot>"

"We won't get relegated, no chance"

"Back in the Premiership in 5 years, meanwhile, allow me to continue nawsing things up and drawing a big wad."

Sick of all this "Jam tomorrow" crap.

There is a massive credibility gap between what is promised and what everyone with a working pair of minces can see.

Just unbelievable some of this stuff. How about keep bloody quiet and win a few games.

Chaddy has become a very angry young man as of late, needs to calm himself down.

There's no way Venky's are funding a 4/5 year plan to get us back to the PL :lol: if they're still here they'll expect it next season, and if Appleton fails it wouldn't surprise me if he's given the boot.

I wasnt saying to get us back in the PL but a Four year plan to get us where Appy wants us. Firstly get promote, then stay up and get us to be a mid table premiership side. follow what WBA model of the way they have done it.

but fans need to patience and I know this is hard to do. I understand this totally but needs to happen if we are going to get up next season

The latest podcast makes some great comments about Appleton and how he is going about it.

we dont have a god given right to be in the Premier League and fans need to be patience and give Appleton the time to built his squad and needs to be give next season pre-season and judge him from next season.

Appleton is trying to put back the Scouting, sports science and other departments back to where they should be. Kean got rid of most of this.

Scouting, sports science and other departments! Cheese and rice! An experienced manager would know exactly how to box those issues off with a few phone calls. We need a knowledgeable figure head that gives the players lasting belief and confidence. It's weeks till the end of this season and 6 months or so tIl the start of the next. There is no time to waste.

I know others have probably said it, but Appleton since arriving seems to be making all the right moves behind the scenes but when it comes to matchday(the only day that really matters) his tactics, formation and starting line ups they are naive at best(seemingly none existent and Keanesque at worst!), I can put 50% of this down to injuries and lack off quality players but the other 50% is on his head.

You believe anything you lad.

I wasnt saying to get us back in the PL but a Four year plan to get us where Appy wants us. Firstly get promote, then stay up and get us to be a mid table premiership side. follow what WBA model of the way they have done it.

but fans need to patience and I know this is hard to do. I understand this totally but needs to happen if we are going to get up next season

Eh? You clearly said get us back to where we all want - the premier league.

Blackburn Rovers will never grace the Premier League again , in my lifetime(50)

The owners have to go asap along with anyone they have appointed , if we are to stay at this level ...

Relegation if not this season will surely follow next !

To have any aspirations of promotion a proper football manager must be employed ...That is not in Venkys remit

Kean , Berg and Appleton do not and never will fit the bill ...

Guest Norbert

Have to admit my faith in Appleton is faltering. After impressing me with his attitude in public, I am starting to think he may not walk the walk. The summer transfer window will be very, very important for people's perception of him and whether he can mould a team.

FFS what planet are you on! Zog ?

Wonder what difference finance wise it makes if we play our strongest team, use subs and pay , appearance, win, goal and clean sheet bonuses compared to a game playing a bunch of average players out of position, not managing to score , no clean sheet bonus and use no un-enforced subs. Would hazard a guess it would be a hell of a lot more than the savings on a set of chairs.

So the question being raised again is there a match /monthly budget enforced on the manager that can not be exceeded?

I would be very surprised to see Appleton sacked considering the length of his contract and the contracts of his back room team, if aggers and his little spokesman Shaw or the loons from Pune /malaysia start to interfere can see him walking or perhaps in public shedding some light on what's going on that's providing he hasn't already agreed to any restrictions on his management

Whilst the circumstances surrounding his appointment still ring's alarm bells, other than his reaction to the transfer deadline fiasco and the subsequent loan signing of Bentley , his conveyor belt of players quote and his Team Agnew biased quotes about Singh there is nothing other yet to suggest he is not his own man.

He seems to know what's needed, he's taken some steps to alleviate problems, can he sort the team out before it's too late (bottom 7 finish) doubt it, Can he sort it out eventually , think he possibly can. But I think "sort it out " is he has been brought in to run the club Portsmouth style i.e just keep it ticking over and don't drop any further ,for whatever reason is anyone's guess

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's @#/? or bust Sunday IMO.

What has Appleton done to date to suggest that he should be given the summer to rebuild us should we carry on in a similar vein in the next ten matches? I'm not keen on chopping and changing managers every 5 minutes either, but apart from his chat away from the pitch there are absolutely zero signs that he has a clue what he's doing on it. He needs to start showing signs NOW that things are improving, and that he has some tactical nous or he can go and learn his trade elsewhere for me.

Givet wasn't and hasn't been injured for ages yet can't get a game, much better than some who played last night, c'mon Appleton give us a reason you won't play him.

Same goes for Dunn, well-known he's been fit to play for weeks. We know he's injury prone and coming to the end of his career but he still has more to offer than most. At least he can pass the ball.

As for Givet, this just has to be a continuation of the sort of nonsense that saw Nelsen and Salgado out of the squad till they left. Even the excuses sound the same. For all that we hear that we have a strong manager now and he's doing it his way, I cannot believe Givet is out of the team on merit.

Appleton is too negative, "dont lose by too many" "keep it tight and pick up a goal from a odd chance" these are things you say to a team who is struggling to stay in the league, things you say to a team who are in a division fighting above their weight, we needed a motivational man like Holloway who has spirit and transfers that fighting spirit and confidence to the players.

We ended up with a man who looks like a bag of nerves and sends the team out not to lose......wrong attitude.

:rolleyes: SFW? The average tenure of a football manager is currently 17 months (and btw we've had 5 in 5 years!)

Next..........

“The next two games are going to be tough because they are against local rivals and on our own patch. We have to be brave.

“Sometimes where the fans might want the ball to go forward quicker, we have to be brave and patient and get the ball into wide areas before we get the ball into the box.

That'll be a first.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10292417.Appleton___Derby_must_be_a_spark_for_Blackburn_Rovers_/?ref=twt

Jason Lowe is a very solid right back. I think he'd make a good player there if given time, certainly don't see the point of bringing in anyone as Jones can be the ball winner in midfield.

It's @#/? or bust Sunday IMO.

What has Appleton done to date to suggest that he should be given the summer to rebuild us should we carry on in a similar vein in the next ten matches? I'm not keen on chopping and changing managers every 5 minutes either, but apart from his chat away from the pitch there are absolutely zero signs that he has a clue what he's doing on it. He needs to start showing signs NOW that things are improving, and that he has some tactical nous or he can go and learn his trade elsewhere for me.

I agree. This is the problem every time we employ a guy with no pedigree and limited experience. If he makes a slow start you can't say 'we'll stick with him as he's proved he can do it'. You have to go off the early signs of how he's doing and for me there has to be a huge improvement between now and the end of the season.

Regarding the injuries, sorry but this is not just all down to bad luck.

Archived