BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that only goes to prove that there was no need whatsoever to bring the bell end that is Bradley Orr back from Ipswich.

As regards Appleton, there are distinct signs he is starting to unravel. When he first came it was rather strange man management to tell the squad it wasn't good enough because it had seven number tens.

Then during the week he attempted to hide his own tactical deficiencies by blaming the crowd for the ball being hoofed forward. Yes Michael, the crowd really wanted to see the ball popping off Shittu's head like a ping pong ball off a cliff ad nauseam.

Now he's accusing the squad of being unable to deal with what he says to them in the dressing room?

Getting excuses in in advance and anyone's fault but his it seems.

My initial confidence in Appleton has now waned. He has got rid of any semblance of class that we had and now seems to have no idea how to set up a team to score a goal.

We just don't score any more.

Where the idea for the appointment of this man came from I have no idea. He appears to have no clue.

It's still a a question I would like to see answered, how did he get the job?

Pretty sure the question was swerved by Shaw at the fans forum meeting.

A very good question that I would like to see answered.

Power struggle John, Shebby vrs PNE and PNE won, sadly BRFC lost....

There were 12 unsuccessful candidates from the Berg appointment which apparently were deemed worth consideration after the Berg sacking.

The list was sent to Balaji and a mystery adviser picked Appleton.

Balaji did the deal directly.

That is why we had statements about the two youth coaches getting all of January whilst MG Road was saying there was a manager in the process of being appointed (anybody who knows who MG Road is will know he was in the prime position to know about this and was giving us 100% current and accurate information).

Shebby and Shagnew were kept in the complete dark.

Shagnew were eventually tasked to complete the formalities and to do so in a way that Shebby couldn't sabotage them.

Such is the unity of purpose and simple management structure of Rovers these days.

So who was the mystery adviser?

No idea.

At the time I had my big fall out with Nick Harris I was told in no uncertain terms not to be so naive in failing to recognise that the tantric god who shall not be named and Balaji are (and remained after Mrs D had shot the inner god's backside) incredibly good and close buddies.

There were 12 unsuccessful candidates from the Berg appointment which apparently were deemed worth consideration after the Berg sacking.

That is why we had statements about the two youth coaches getting all of January whilst MG Road was saying there was a manager in the process of being appointed (anybody who knows who MG Road is will know he was in the prime position to know about this and was giving us 100% current and accurate information).

Shagnew were eventually tasked to complete the formalities and to do so in a way that Shebby couldn't sabotage them.

Such is the unity of purpose and simple management structure of Rovers these days.

No idea.

At the time I had my big fall out with Nick Harris I was told in no uncertain terms not to be so naive in failing to recognise that the tantric god who shall not be named and Balaji are (and remained after Mrs D had shot the inner god's backside) incredibly good and close buddies.

The answer given by Shaw to the fans forum backs up what you say here.

1) If Balaji signed off on Appleton why would Singh dare interfere? Makes no sense.

2) Why would "Fat Sting" recommended Appleton - a bloke who does have, or believe in a need for agents?

So that only goes to prove that there was no need whatsoever to bring the bell end that is Bradley Orr back from Ipswich.

As regards Appleton, there are distinct signs he is starting to unravel. When he first came it was rather strange man management to tell the squad it wasn't good enough because it had seven number tens.

Then during the week he attempted to hide his own tactical deficiencies by blaming the crowd for the ball being hoofed forward. Yes Michael, the crowd really wanted to see the ball popping off Shittu's head like a ping pong ball off a cliff ad nauseam.

Now he's accusing the squad of being unable to deal with what he says to them in the dressing room?

Getting excuses in in advance and anyone's fault but his it seems.

The amount of finger pointing this man is doing is very concerning. He said a few truths in the beginning and he probably knows we all ate it up. He's trying to keep that going I think but he is playng the blame game instead of looking at himself. Crowd made us play hoofball really come on Appleton. You are too much like the last two, bald, inept and a passionless hands in pockets patsy on the touchline.

No idea.

Why can't you get PM's phillip

Let's see what happens tomorrow. This game will define Appleton and the fans' attitude towatds him.

Disagree, he's already set his stall out. However defeat will undoubtedly cement some peoples opinion.

1) If Balaji signed off on Appleton why would Singh dare interfere? Makes no sense.

2) Why would "Fat Sting" recommended Appleton - a bloke who does have, or believe in a need for agents?

Appleton has until recently done a good job of telling fans what they want to hear. Part of his brief no doubt, maybe with a PR firms help (or an ex PR goon). It's amazing how Rovers fans have had a huge problem with an Agent/Agents then all of a sudden a guy pops up saying he doesn't use one ? A lot of agents are connected anyway, they do each other favours and have fingers in the same pies that the naked eye can't see, trust me !

Bloody hell just checked the table. Three points off the drop. No real sign of life. Shoot I knew we were bad but I had not realized we were that bad. I have a horrible feeling about this. Odd just a few short weeks ago we were dreaming of a playoff spot now there is real concern we are going down.

Disagree, he's already set his stall out. However defeat will undoubtedly cement some peoples opinion.

What I meant was that this is his chance to win the fans round. I'd say 80% are sceptical at the minute.

Lose with an impotent performance tomorrow and it'll be 95% totally against him. Lose with a fighting/unlucky performance and he might sustain the status quo, win and he gets until the next derby at least.

Listening to Appleton's perfunctory thoughts, recital of trite platitudes and mannerisms resembling a grieving Pug rather than the up-and-at-'em Rottweiler he was billed as, its clear that he is hardly the most scintillating or inspiring company and that has been compounded further by his bespoke brand of impotent boredom on the pitch. He's the most statuesque manager I can recall and that he can bemoan a "losing mentality" (that is looking increasingly endemic) whilst doing little to arrest it grates me intensely.

Quite frankly the side has exhibited all the creative properties of a Bulldozer and his "refreshing honesty" has made way for worrying trifles of the psychobabble that used to flow so freely from the blunder-prone mouth of Kean.

On Wednesday night there was an acute paucity of skill and endeavour on show and outside the corpulent circumference of the largely superannuated Dunn its hard to see where the minerals required to preserve local pride will come tomorrow. Yes Burnley are only marginally less cack than ourselves but Peterborough was meant to be a cakewalk. Promotion was a foregone conclusion wasn't it? Complacency has been ubiquitous all season and this arrogance of "best squad in the league" has been proven b*llocks beyond doubt. Now we're limping toward mere survival. Its almost laughable. :rolleyes:

Recruitment has been incongruous and incorrigible for 2years. Be it yellow bellied Balkans, a creche full of pubescent Portuguese or jobs for the obscurest of boys. The money squandered on crap players and similarly crap managers to supervise them just transcends stupidity and its really very disheartening to hear the man tasked with fighting the Pompey inferno with his water pistol repertoire so openly highlighting the issues within. It can't be long now until Armitage Shanks get in touch with a sponsorship offer to the beleaguered remains of our fan-base such is the regularity we've been sh@t on. :rolleyes:

It seems the lilliputians to logic in Pune have simply furnished the dugout with another ill-equipped student when more than ever a learned manager was needed. Sidelining the mournful Murphy and shoring-up the defence are baby-steps on the path to progress and he deserves credit for some aspects, but 24 Rovers league victories and a poor tally of 98 points from 95 games since the sacking of our last real manager is a damning statistic and one that I don't see Michael "1 Point per Game" Appleton altering, when he seems intent on maiming any spontaneity and bravery on the ball within the ranks favouring attrition and "5-points-'till-50-lads".

Its easy to say give him next season and the revolving door culture has got out-of-hand, but where will we play-out next season? Complacency says Championship but complacency is simply for chumps

Bloody hell just checked the table. Three points off the drop. No real sign of life. Shoot I knew we were bad but I had not realized we were that bad. I have a horrible feeling about this. Odd just a few short weeks ago we were dreaming of a playoff spot now there is real concern we are going down.

Watch yourself the USABlue, as some are rounding on those that 'point out the graveness of the situation' but don't go to games

You have to go to games to have an opinion you know

Listening to Appleton's perfunctory thoughts, recital of trite platitudes and mannerisms resembling a grieving Pug rather than the up-and-at-'em Rottweiler he was billed as, its clear that he is hardly the most scintillating or inspiring company and that has been compounded further by his bespoke brand of impotent boredom on the pitch. He's the most statuesque manager I can recall and that he can bemoan a "losing mentality" (that is looking increasingly endemic) whilst doing little to arrest it grates me intensely.

Quite frankly the side has exhibited all the creative properties of a Bulldozer and his "refreshing honesty" has made way for worrying trifles of the psychobabble that used to flow so freely from the blunder-prone mouth of Kean.

On Wednesday night there was an acute paucity of skill and endeavour on show and outside the corpulent circumference of the largely superannuated Dunn its hard to see where the minerals required to preserve local pride will come tomorrow. Yes Burnley are only marginally less cack than ourselves but Peterborough was meant to be a cakewalk. Promotion was a foregone conclusion wasn't it? Complacency has been ubiquitous all season and this arrogance of "best squad in the league" has been proven b*llocks beyond doubt. Now we're limping toward mere survival. Its almost laughable. :rolleyes:

Recruitment has been incongruous and incorrigible for 2years. Be it yellow bellied Balkans, a creche full of pubescent Portuguese or jobs for the obscurest of boys. The money squandered on crap players and similarly crap managers to supervise them just transcends stupidity and its really very disheartening to hear the man tasked with fighting the Pompey inferno with his water pistol repertoire so openly highlighting the issues within. It can't be long now until Armitage Shanks get in touch with a sponsorship offer to the beleaguered remains of our fan-base such is the regularity we've been sh@t on. :rolleyes:

It seems the lilliputians to logic in Pune have simply furnished the dugout with another ill-equipped student when more than ever a learned manager was needed. Sidelining the mournful Murphy and shoring-up the defence are baby-steps on the path to progress and he deserves credit for some aspects, but 24 Rovers league victories and a poor tally of 98 points from 95 games since the sacking of our last real manager is a damning statistic and one that I don't see Michael "1 Point per Game" Appleton altering, when he seems intent on maiming any spontaneity and bravery on the ball within the ranks favouring attrition and "5-points-'till-50-lads".

Its easy to say give him next season and the revolving door culture has got out-of-hand, but where will we play-out next season? Complacency says Championship but complacency is simply for chumps

Is that you Mullan?

We can look at it like this- Appleton was working at SKINT Pompey so he can't have been on big money. He then goes to the notorious penny pinching Oystons so he won't have been on a big wack there. They practicaly help him through the door and he comes here = cheap option again just like Berg.

Bloody hell. Did someone get you a thesaurus for Christmas?

Archived